Author Topic: BREAKING: Former NBA star Kobe Bryant dead at 41 in a helicopter crash.  (Read 3866 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: BREAKING: Former NBA star Kobe Bryant dead at 41 in a helicopter crash.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 10:22:05 pm »
   I wont shed a tear.  He was a pervert who abused Women.

Basketball in general has been a mouthpiece for the left for at least 20 years now too,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2020, 10:27:33 pm »
I read that they were going to a travel game for Gianna (some reports say it was a practice).  The other three on board were the pilot, one of the members of her team, and a parent of the team member.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:28:33 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 10:31:04 pm »
Tisha Lewis FOX 5 DC
@TishaLewis
·
1h
UPDATE: ABC News now pulling back on report that Kobe Bryant's daughters were on helicopter.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 10:33:44 pm »
Same here.  No one associated with the NBA either.

Traveling like a VIP does come with risks. In this case it would've been far better to be one of the untermensch stuck on the 405.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 10:39:19 pm »
Basketball in general has been a mouthpiece for the left for at least 20 years now too,

@catfish1957

Sure, Cuban, POP and Kerr are all pretty anti-Trump and there're probably others but I have to give Commissioner Silver credit, that knelling $hit wasn't gonna cut it in the NBA and it's been good, so far.  Now if only he could fix the 'corrupt Ref' problem that would be Great, might even get @Cyber Liberty to start watching the Phoenix Suns again.

*Disclaimer:  I watch a lot of NBA  (screw the Lakers and the Nuggets)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »
News conference..9 people on board...all dead
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 10:42:39 pm »
Washington Examiner
@dcexaminer
·
25s
#BREAKING:

The Los Angeles County Sheriff says 9 people were aboard the helicopter when it crashed.

Kobe Bryant and his teen daughter, along with all of the other passengers, died in the crash.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 10:44:06 pm »
They reported it was very foggy this morning at the time of the flight...if that is the case wth was the pilot thinking..
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 10:50:05 pm »
@catfish1957

Sure, Cuban, POP and Kerr are all pretty anti-Trump and there're probably others but I have to give Commissioner Silver credit, that knelling $hit wasn't gonna cut it in the NBA and it's been good, so far.  Now if only he could fix the 'corrupt Ref' problem that would be Great, might even get @Cyber Liberty to start watching the Phoenix Suns again.

Not a chance.  League-approved on-the-take Refs is the kind of scandal they will never deserve to recover from.  This is because Basketball is over-officiated on a good day, and also because there is no sign cheating by Refs will ever be addressed.  :shrug:

RIP, Kobe.  All indications are you've been a class act since the sex scandal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »
I hope the reports of 9 on board are in error.  I fear they are not.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2020, 11:24:12 pm »
I hope the reports of 9 on board are in error.  I fear they are not.

LA Times says 9 on board, no survivors.  Identities of others withheld pending notification of next of Kin.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-26/aircraft-slams-into-hillside-explodes-in-flames-near-calabasas
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2020, 11:34:31 pm »
LA Times says 9 on board, no survivors.  Identities of others withheld pending notification of next of Kin.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-26/aircraft-slams-into-hillside-explodes-in-flames-near-calabasas

Apparently the helicopter in the photo was the one that crashed.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2020, 11:35:49 pm »
Breaking911
@Breaking911
·
31s
Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna among 5 dead in helicopter crash  http://breaking911.com/breaking-kobe-bryant-killed-in-helicopter-crash/

Heartbreaking. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2020, 11:47:31 pm »
   I'm glad all Trump did was Tweet, obummer would have lowered the Flags.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2020, 12:24:36 am »
@catfish1957

I watch a lot of NBA and college ball too.
My advice to people who don't like basketball...don't watch it. And don't make comments about how much you don't like the sport as I don't make comments about sports I find uninteresting. Well, mostly don't make comments.
Apart from his activities outside of the game, Bryant's worth as a player is  much debated  on basketball forums.
For some reason many fans belittle how good he was.
He was a great, great player.  The best scoring guard after Michael Jordan whom he was very close to in overall ranking.
When judging players as far as how good they were,  I tend to separate players from their off the field/court actions.
Bryant may have been a sleazy customer, but he was a great player. I dislike LeBron James as a person, but he too is a great, great player.
Babe Ruth's off the field activities did not make him a saint either.
But I can still recognize greatness in what less than saintly athletes did in their chosen sport.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2020, 12:28:39 am »
Not a chance.  League-approved on-the-take Refs is the kind of scandal they will never deserve to recover from.  This is because Basketball is over-officiated on a good day, and also because there is no sign cheating by Refs will ever be addressed.  :shrug:

RIP, Kobe.  All indications are you've been a class act since the sex scandal.
"League-approved on-the-take Refs"

And, of course, you have evidence for that statement?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:52 am »
"League-approved on-the-take Refs"

And, of course, you have evidence for that statement?

A number of years ago, a Ref threw out 3 of the 5 starters for the Phoenix Suns playoff team, before the last and final game of the series with the Spurs on a technical foul when the Spurs threw Nash, the center, over the scoring table.  The Suns lost the game without its starters. 

After the season, it came to light the Ref accepted a large bribe from the owner of the Spurs.  The next season, in the first game of the Phoenix Suns, that Ref was officiating.  He didn't even get fined.

I'd post a link, but it was too many years ago to get a Google search to turn up results in the five minutes I was willing to spend doing the job for you.  Sorry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:57 am »
Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, wife and daughter die in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/01/26/orange-coast-college-baseball-coach-john-altobelli-dies-in-helicopter-crash-with-kobe-bryant/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:30 am »
Kinda funny.  I just read a couple of updates on this story, all of which say something like, Kobe Bryant, "others" killed in helicopter crash.  I guess at least a few news outlets are no longer giving a tally of the dead until the real facts come out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2020, 01:00:39 am »
Kinda funny.  I just read a couple of updates on this story, all of which say something like, Kobe Bryant, "others" killed in helicopter crash.  I guess at least a few news outlets are no longer giving a tally of the dead until the real facts come out.

I wish they always waited to give a tally until all next of kin are notified.  But, Nooooooooooo.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:14 am »
I wish they always waited to give a tally until all next of kin are notified.  But, Nooooooooooo.

I'm praying that it's not his wife and other daughters that make up the total.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2020, 01:07:02 am »
I'm praying that it's not his wife and other daughters that make up the total.

Apparently she was at home with the baby.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2020, 01:22:44 am »
Ted Cruz
@tedcruz

Grieving the tragic loss of Kobe Bryant and his young daughter. A true basketball legend who changed the game forever. Heidi & I are praying for God’s Peace and Grace for his family. RIP

https://twitter.com/tedcruz

Can't argue with this. A very sad day.