Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren: I Couldn’t Follow Alan Dershowitz’s ‘Nonsensical’ Argument  (Read 317 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Caplan 28 Jan 2020

Presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) on Monday took a shot at Harvard Law School Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz over his legal arguments against the impeachment of President Donald Trump, branding his remarks as “nonsensical.”

“His characterization of the law simply is unsupported. He is a criminal law professor who stood in the well of the Senate and talked about how law never inquires into intent and that we should not be using the president’s intent as part of understanding impeachment,” said Warren, a former Harvard Law School professor, according to The Hill.

“Criminal law is all about intent. Mens rea is the heart of criminal law. That’s the very basis of it. So it makes his whole presentation just nonsensical. I truly could not follow it,” she added.

Earlier Monday, Dershowitz broke down why the two articles of impeachment — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — fall “outside the range of impeachable offenses.”

He argued that impeachment required “criminal-like conduct akin to treason and bribery.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/28/elizabeth-warren-i-couldnt-follow-alan-dershowitzs-nonsensical-argument/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

Got it, She doesn't understand enough about the law to be President. Thank you for clearing that up Lizzie.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

If this case is defined by Trump's intent then we must hear from the Bidens, Schiff and the 'Whistleblower'.

If Trump's intent was to gain political advantage, then the Bidens will be completely innocent. If they were indeed involved in nepotism and trading on daddy's position as VP, his intent will have been righteous, he was set up by the rats and he should be acquitted.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:12:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Got it, She doesn't understand enough about the law to be President. Thank you for clearing that up Lizzie.

I will assure you that many of the lawyers in that room with her had never heard any of the stuff Professor Dershowitz spelled out for them previously.  Law schools these days don't teach the Constitution only case law.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok,a quick show of hands from anyone surprised she doesn't understand something.

Buehler?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

If only he'd spoken in Cherokee ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Injun Liz didn't understand what he said because she's not smart enough.  Obviously she's not smart enough to be president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Okay,  Liz, so intent's the issue.   Trump's supposedly corrupt motivation for temporarily seeking to delay aid to encourage Ukrainian investigation into corruption at Burisma,  even though the aid was ultimately released, on time, without preconditions.

Is that your big thing?    Then let Hunter Biden testify!   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If this case is defined by Trump's intent then we must hear from the Bidens, Schiff and the 'Whistleblower'.

If Trump's intent was to gain political advantage, then the Bidens will be completely innocent. If they were indeed involved in nepotism and trading on daddy's position as VP, his intent will have been righteous, he was set up by the rats and he should be acquitted.

Bingo, @skeeter
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

22chief Fauxcahontas need smoke signals? 22chief

All she really said was that he spoke far above her legal intellect and she can't refute what he said. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

22chief Fauxcahontas need smoke signals? 22chief

All she really said was that he spoke far above her legal intellect and she can't refute what he said. Unsurprisingly.

True.  I am not a lawyer and didn't even go to college.  I understood it.