Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein used his friendship with the Clintons to intimidate his victims  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harvey Weinstein used his friendship with the Clintons to intimidate his victims, taking phone calls 'every other day' from the former president and while he was with his accusers, court hears, as his rape trial finally starts

Witness Lance Maerov said Weinstein 'made no secret of the fact he was connected to very powerful people'
    Weinstein would call Bill 'every other day' and did so in front of at least one accuser, the court was told
    Prosecutors also showed the jury a picture of Weinstein posing with Mr Clinton and on red carpets
    Lawyers made their opening statements to a jury of seven men and five women on Wednesday in New York
    Manhattan Assistant DA Meghan Hast said the Hollywood 'titan' is also 'a sexual predator and a rapist'
    'Over the course of the testimony, you will come to see that the man seated on that side of the court room, despite what your eyes are looking at, is not a harmless old man', Hast told jurors on Wednesday 
    Weinstein, 67, has pleaded not guilty to assaulting two women in New York; he faces life in prison if convicted
    Aspiring actress Jessica Mann was named as an alleged victim for the first time in court on Wednesday
    Mimi Haleyi has already said publicly that Weinstein forced oral sex on her in his Manhattan home in 2006
    Weinstein walked into court without his walker on Wednesday but left using the device as the end of the day
    More than 80 women have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct, fueling the #MeToo movement in 2017
    The state needs a unanimous jury to convict - a single hold-out would produce a hung jury

By Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com and Daniel Bates In Manhattan Criminal Court For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:43 EST, 22 January 2020 | Updated: 18:33 EST, 22 January 2020

Harvey Weinstein used his close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton to 'intimidate' his victims into doing what he told them, a court heard Wednesday.

The once-powerful Hollywood producer, 67, would call the former president, 73, while he was in front of at least one of his accusers and talked to him 'every other day', Weinstein's rape and sexual assault trial was told. 

The first witness in the case, Lance Maerov, said Weinstein 'made no secret of the fact he was connected to very powerful people', in particular the Clintons. Maerov, a former director at The Weinstein Co, Weinstein's film company, added: 'He'd tell me (about them).'

Prosecutors also showed the jury a picture of Weinstein posing with Mr Clinton when he was at the height of his powers. Under questioning from Assistant District Attorney Joan Iluzi, Mr Maerov said that Weinstein 'made a point of telling me on a number of occasions' about his relationships with politicians.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7918327/Harvey-Weinstein-used-friendship-Clintons-intimidate-victims.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"If you don't, I'll tell Hillary I let slip...."

Yeah, that could work..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Might this be the context of HilLIARy's, "How could we have known?" stick?

This is another fine mess your willy got us into, Bill!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Might this be the context of HilLIARy's, "How could we have known?" stick?

This is another fine mess your willy got us into, Bill!
If HE didn't tell her, She didn't know, therefore "we" didn't know (as in both of them). These people wrote the book on weasel words. For example: Bill pointed his finger across the podium at Helen Thomas (seateed front and center, as usual) when he said "I did not have sex with that woman.", curled it up and after a very brief pause, said "Monica Lewinsky".

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis