Author Topic: Yawner: Senate Republicans claim boredom with trial — and ratings show it too  (Read 215 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yawner: Senate Republicans claim boredom with trial — and ratings show it too

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 10:41 am on January 24, 2020

For Senate Republicans, boredom is strategic. For American television viewers, it’s inevitable. Nothing new to see here is a pretty good PR talking point for the GOP on Day 2 of the House presentment on impeachment, and they’re mainly staying on message, The Hill reports:

Republicans are bored — and they hope the American public shares their tedium.

The first week of President Trump’s impeachment trial has been met with regular assertions from GOP senators — as well as outside allies — that there is nothing to see here.

Whether their personal lack of excitement is real or confected, it seems to clearly have a tactical purpose: to encourage voters to pay little heed to what is going on.

In fairness, it doesn’t seem all that confected. Roll Call reports that senators have become visibly bored with the proceedings even apart from promoting the messaging. And the ennui appears to be crossing the aisle at times, too, although it was still mostly the GOP who were visibly bored:

more
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/01/24/yawner-senate-republicans-claim-boredom-trial-ratings-show/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Listening to lies is boring.  I like things based in fact.  It is interesting then.  It is no wonder that such political spinners have to spin.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

Listening to lies is boring.  I like things based in fact.  It is interesting then.  It is no wonder that such political spinners have to spin.

That's right. All spin, from every direction... meh.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It's been 24 hours of lies from only one direction and a mere eight hours from the bug-eyed Burbank Bolshevik, Adam Schitt.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It's been 24 hours of lies from only one direction and a mere eight hours from the bug-eyed Burbank Bolshevik, Adam Schitt.

I have to ask if you are serious?  You just post that or really believe that there are not lies being told from the Trump Administration.  Like I don't know Parnas……..etc. 

Its fine if you don't think that its impeachable.  Many have said it isn't but to say Trump hasn't lied is, well crazy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.