Author Topic: Coast Guard officer accused of terror plot asks for leniency  (Read 273 times)

rangerrebew

Coast Guard officer accused of terror plot asks for leniency
« on: January 23, 2020, 01:41:23 pm »
Coast Guard officer accused of terror plot asks for leniency
Michael Kunzelman, The Associated Press

COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Federal prosecutors are recommending a 25-year prison sentence for a Coast Guard lieutenant accused of stockpiling guns and targeting Supreme Court justices, prominent Democrats and TV journalists for attacks inspired by racist killers.

But defense attorneys are seeking leniency for Christopher Hasson, disputing the government’s claim that he is a domestic terrorist. Hasson’s lawyers are urging a federal judge in Maryland to spare him a prison term and sentence him to jail time served since his arrest and three years of supervised release.

“Chris is eager to put this chapter behind him and try to rebuild his life,” his lawyers wrote last week in court filing ahead of his sentencing hearing.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/01/22/coast-guard-officer-accused-of-terror-plot-asks-for-leniency/

rangerrebew

Re: Coast Guard officer accused of terror plot asks for leniency
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:43:39 pm »
Because he was a military officer plotting a terror attack, 25 years in the slammer seems pretty lenient already. 0380000

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 05:10:51 pm »
Because he was a military officer plotting a terror attack, 25 years in the slammer seems pretty lenient already. 0380000

@rangerrebew

I am not so sure the USCG is a military organization. I know when I was a kid they came under the Treasury Department. I have relatives that retired from the CG,and personally knew a USCG Admiral  when I was a kid,who was a friend of the family.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 05:32:47 pm »
The USCG was transferred from Treasury to Transportation in 1967. In time of war, the USCG can be made part of the USN. It participated in WW2, the Korean, Vietnam, Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Wars.

Corrected a typo
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 11:17:01 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:11:10 pm »
The USCH was transferred from Treasury to Transportation in 1967.

@PeteS in CA

Thanks,I thought they had been passed off to someone else,but wasn't sure.

In time of war, the USCG can be made part of the USN. It participated in WW2, the Korean, Vietnam, Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Wars.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!