Author Topic: Man who ran White House press shop during Lewinsky scandal spreads fake news about Trump impeachment  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Man who ran White House press shop during Lewinsky scandal spreads fake news about Trump impeachment
by Becket Adams
 | January 23, 2020 04:10 PM

The man who directed the White House press office during Bill Clinton's impeachment is telling lies this week about Congress’ similar proceedings against President Trump.

Crazy, right?

Joe Lockhart, who now hosts a podcast and appears on CNN as a contributor, tweeted this week, “Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. ‘Is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up shit's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence.”

This is a lie. The supposed overheard conversation obviously never happened. But Lockhart's tweet went viral anyway because people will believe anything they hear so long as it confirms their priors. As of this writing, more than 10,000 social media users have shared Lockhart’s "scoop." Later, after his note was already widely disseminated, he wrote, “Ok maybe I made up the convo, but you know that's exactly what they're thinking.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/man-who-ran-white-house-press-shop-during-lewinsky-scandal-spreads-fake-news-about-trump-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34