Author Topic: Public memorial service for Kobe Bryant and other helicopter victims might be weeks away, sources sa  (Read 622 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Public memorial service for Kobe Bryant and other helicopter victims might be weeks away, sources say

By Madeline Holcombe, Steve Almasy and Paul Vercammen, CNN

Updated 9:41 PM ET, Thu January 30, 2020

Los Angeles (CNN)A public memorial service for NBA legend Kobe Bryant and the other eight helicopter crash victims is not likely to take place soon, two sources with knowledge of the situation told CNN on Thursday.
The memorial is "probably not for at least two weeks, maybe longer," a source with the Los Angeles Exposition Park sports complex said.
Another source inside Los Angeles' sports venues described the timing as "hearing weeks."
The sources didn't provide reasons for the timing, but indicated that the availability of large venues -- as well as other previously scheduled sports and entertainment events -- are factors.

Staples Center, where Bryant ended his career with the Lakers, is also home to the Los Angeles Clippers and the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/us/helicopter-crash-kobe-bryant-thursday/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Do any of the loved ones really want all the hoopla of a public memorial?  I know if I was close to any of the victims, I would want to stay out of the public eye. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Do any of the loved ones really want all the hoopla of a public memorial?  I know if I was close to any of the victims, I would want to stay out of the public eye.
Some things should be private, imho, but that should also be up to the families. THese people were generally in the public eye.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Some things should be private, imho, but that should also be up to the families. THese people were generally in the public eye.

Of course, it should be up to the families, but I'm just concerned people are scheduling these events without consulting the families.