Author Topic: Mnuchin says Thunberg can tell us what to do ‘after she goes and studies economics in college’  (Read 187 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Sam Meredith 1/23/2020

DAVOS, Switzerland — U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin sharply criticized the financial credentials of Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg on Thursday, saying the 17-year-old should study economics at college before lecturing the U.S. on fossil fuel investments.

Speaking at a press briefing at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Mnuchin was asked whether the world’s largest economy needed to completely and immediately divest from fossil fuels.

“Is she the chief economist or who is she? I’m confused,” Mnuchin said, before adding this was “a joke. That was funny.”

“After she goes and studies economics in college she can come back and explain that to us,” Mnuchin said.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/23/davos-2020-mnuchin-criticizes-thunberg-says-she-should-study-economics-at-college.html

Offline goatprairie

AOC has a major or minor in economics. What good was it?
What many conservatives might not realize is that a great many people in college teaching economics are of the leftist persuasion.
My stepdaughter's college econ prof offered a prize to anyone who could disprove The Laffer Curve.
My wife bragged about it to me one time before I told her her daughter hadn't disproved anything.
My wife, who now pays more attention to real economics, laughs about the incident.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Greta had no comment.

Speaking of the potato face mentally ill child in Davos........anyone know what happened to @mrpotatohead?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Speaking of the potato face mentally ill child in Davos........anyone know what happened to @mrpotatohead?

Offline Idiot

Hey @Wingnut !  Some people have to work for a living you know.  :laugh:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hey @Wingnut !  Some people have to work for a living you know.  :laugh:

Hell Bro, I thought you went on a bender.  You haven't posted since New Years Eve! 
Welcome back from the darkside!   :beer:

@mrpotatohead

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.