Author Topic: Mexico blocks 2,500 migrants from crossing at Guatemala entry point, authorities say  (Read 583 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mexico blocks 2,500 migrants from crossing at Guatemala entry point, authorities say
Nick Givas

About 2,500 migrants of all ages were held up and prevented from crossing or entering the bridge at Mexico's southern border by Mexican National Guardsmen, Guatemalan authorities estimated, according to The Associated Press.

Mexican authorities reportedly allowed several dozen migrants to enter into Mexico in groups of 20 but warned them against trying to slip away to avoid immigration processing.

Mexico's National Migration Institute said on Twitter that it had shored up points along the southern border to assure “safe, orderly and regular immigration.”

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexico-blocks-2500-migrants-from-crossing-at-guatemala-entry-point-authorities-say/ar-BBZ6czE

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anybody remember this sort of thing happening before Trump took over the WH?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

No but I remember Bush saying let’s get er done, referring to the gang of eight’s amnesty bill.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:03:26 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Anybody remember this sort of thing happening before Trump took over the WH?

Nope, but it doesn't seem to matter, Trump is still guilty of all evil regardless of what he does.  Oh ... and he hasn't accomplished anything either.  /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Nope, but it doesn't seem to matter, Trump is still guilty of all evil regardless of what he does.  Oh ... and he hasn't accomplished anything either.  /s

Rather, he is not on the side of the angels just because he does something right once in a while. Even a busted clock is right a couple times a day...  :shrug:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I remember something my third grade teacher used to say. She used to say "You show me a tropical fruit, and I'll show you a cocsucker from Guatemala."

No, wait... that wasn't her. That was a guy I met in the Army. I always get those two mixed up.
-George Carlin:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Rather, he is not on the side of the angels just because he does something right once in a while. Even a busted clock is right a couple times a day...  :shrug:

I'd say in spite of the obstruction by the leftist mental midgets, this is quite an accomplishment.  Having a busted clock hanging around isn't an accomplishment -- fixing a busted clock is.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I'd say in spite of the obstruction by the leftist mental midgets, this is quite an accomplishment.  Having a busted clock hanging around isn't an accomplishment -- fixing a busted clock is.

I'd say I'll wait to see what comes out the other end.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

Yeah,why not throw out the baby with the bathwater,right? After all,without the baby you don't have the bathwater to deal with. Good thinking!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Yeah,why not throw out the baby with the bathwater,right? After all,without the baby you don't have the bathwater to deal with. Good thinking!

@sneakypete

Who's talking about throwing out anything?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Who's talking about throwing out anything?

@roamer_1

You are. You are talking about throwing Trump out with every post you make. If it weren't for complaining about Trump,it doesn't seem as if you would even have a reason to post.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

You are. You are talking about throwing Trump out with every post you make. If it weren't for complaining about Trump,it doesn't seem as if you would even have a reason to post.

That's flatly bullcrap @sneakypete

I give him credit when it's due.

But I am not long on victory laps for him... till the rubber meets the road.