Author Topic: Venezuela's Guaido will seek to return to Caracas after European tour  (Read 283 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Venezuela's Guaido will seek to return to Caracas after European tour

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, who defied a travel ban to seek support in Europe for new elections in his country, said on Wednesday he would attempt to return to Caracas but expected it to be dangerous.

Speaking in the European Parliament in Brussels, Guaido also called on the EU to increase pressure on the government of President Nicolas Maduro through more sanctions, saying that while he believed in diplomacy, mediation had so far failed.

“Yes I took a risk to leave ... my return will be risky,” he told a news conference following talks with EU lawmakers.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-guaido/venezuelas-guaido-will-seek-to-return-to-caracas-after-european-tour-idUSKBN1ZL2G4?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

Don't be so critical of Guiado, we might have dropped the ball in the first place, understandably. Soon after Trump became president, in about April of 2017, some Venezuelan military officers might have gone to the White House seeking help in Venezuela and we may have spurned them off. If we did that, I can't really blame the administration for not wanting to get involved in something like that, so soon after inauguration.