Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Trial Day 2  (Read 3309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Trial Day 2
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2020, 10:19:55 pm »
Jon Ward
@jonward11
·
40s
Schiff made a pretty remarkable statement in favor of impeachment today, asserting that Trump's pressure campaign on Ukraine has called the legitimacy of the 2020 election into question
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2020, 10:22:16 pm »
House Intelligence Committee
@HouseIntel
·
11m
Where were you on July 25, 2019?

On July 25, 2019:

— Ukrainian soldiers were manning the front lines against Russian-backed forces illegally occupying their country.

— President Donald Trump was calling Ukrainian President Zelensky and asking for a “favor.”
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2020, 10:23:05 pm »
Washington Post Opinions
@PostOpinions
·
19m
The Democrats are winning the argument even though they’ll lose the Senate trial
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2020, 10:23:40 pm »
Joel B. Pollak
@joelpollak
·
37m
.@RepJasonCrow
 (predictably!) cites a Ukrainian soldier killed after July 25, implying that @realDonaldTrump
 was somehow responsible. It's disgusting. Crow has lied repeatedly this week about the military aid to Ukraine -- which Trump provided, and Obama didn't.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2020, 10:28:15 pm »
Sen. Marsha Blackburn
@MarshaBlackburn
·
1h
The Obama Administration strategically withheld foreign aid:

Ukraine - $1B THREATENED TO WITHHOLD

Pakistan - $800M WITHHELD

Colombia - $450M CONDITIONED

Philippines - $433M NOT RENEWED

Egypt - $260M WITHHELD

Honduras - $30M WITHHELD

Mexico - $26M WITHHELD
Support the USO

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2020, 10:31:50 pm »
Washington Post Opinions
@PostOpinions
·
19m
The Democrats are winning the argument even though they’ll lose the Senate trial

Right now, there isn't an argument.  It's just a soliloquy by the Dem prosecutors.  So all we learned from this tweet is that whomever authored it is the type of person who makes up their mind in a trial after only hearing from one side.

Bravo, and thanks for confirming everything we've thought about you closed-minded morons.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2020, 10:34:54 pm »
Jon Ward
@jonward11
·
40s
Schiff made a pretty remarkable statement in favor of impeachment today, asserting that Trump's pressure campaign on Ukraine has called the legitimacy of the 2020 election into question
Calling the 2020 election into question before it has even begun is as clear an admission as it gets by the Democrats that they are absolutely certain they are going to lose, no matter who the Dem candidate is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2020, 10:40:01 pm »
Matt Couch
🎙
@RealMattCouch
·
28m
Juan Williams says he thought Schiff was "Impressive" and did a "Masterful Job"...

This is why no one takes you seriously Juan..
Support the USO

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2020, 10:44:58 pm »
Calling the 2020 election into question before it has even begun is as clear an admission as it gets by the Democrats that they are absolutely certain they are going to lose, no matter who the Dem candidate is.

Right.  But it's Republicans who are imperiling the faith of the American people in democracy....

This is basically the same schtick they've been pulling since 2000.  Any Republican election victory isn't legitimate..

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2020, 10:53:35 pm »
Right.  But it's Republicans who are imperiling the faith of the American people in democracy....

This is basically the same schtick they've been pulling since 2000.  Any Republican election victory isn't legitimate..
I agree. This is why the Dems have recently started vociferously calling for an end to public elections...
because they 'cannot be trusted'.
(cannot be trusted to elect only Democrats that is, even with all the illegal and deceased Dem votes)
As long as Democrats are elected, elections are Great and inviolable!
As soon as a Republican is elected, the election system is 'broken' and should be done away with.
Pelosi has said, 'We the elite will decide for you ignorant boobs who should be elected.'
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2020, 11:10:57 pm »
Washington Post Opinions
@PostOpinions
·
19m
The Democrats are winning the argument .  .  .  .

.  .  .  .  among WaPo employees and anyone else lacking the ability to reason and think critically.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2020, 11:55:18 pm »
Rich Lowry
@RichLowry
·
3m
I don’t get how people who didn’t balk at Obama’s refusal to give Ukraine lethal aid can as *as a policy mattter* object to a brief delay in military aid by Trump as a horrendous blow to Ukraine’s defense

@mystery-ak

I do. It's called "partisan politics",and these people have NO personal sense of honor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2020, 12:45:52 am »
Kimberley Strassel
@KimStrassel
1) Why is it that nobody in MSM calls out @RepAdamSchiff for a basic and repeated falsehood in this trial? To wit, that Russia helped Trump win an election... Where is there any evidence for this outrageous Russia claim?
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@corbe

Here is the answer why Schiff was right that Putin wanted Trump to win and helped him:
Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and Putin was running for re-election.  She knew what he had done in his past in the KGB (killed people), and the people he was still killing with poison, etc. and every move he was presently taking to hurt the Russian people and used her power as Secretary of State to inform the Russian people to vote him out.  She was Putin's nemesis, his personal sworn enemy.  He actually said in public she caused him trouble in his re-election.  This is the reason he needed Trump as President, not Clinton.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2020, 12:51:59 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@corbe

Here is the answer why Schiff was right that Putin wanted Trump to win and helped him:
Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and Putin was running for re-election.  She knew what he had done in his past in the KGB (killed people), and the people he was still killing with poison, etc. and every move he was presently taking to hurt the Russian people and used her power as Secretary of State to inform the Russian people to vote him out.  She was Putin's nemesis, his personal sworn enemy.  He actually said in public she caused him trouble in his re-election.  This is the reason he needed Trump as President, not Clinton.

@Victoria33

Good to see you come out of the closet as a Bubbette! supporter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2020, 12:59:52 am »
Video: Schiff Blocks Reporters From Questioning Nadler About His Meltdown in the Senate Last Night  At a press conference held before the start of Wednesday’s impeachment trial session in the Senate, lead House Manager Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)
@mystery-ak

I just heard/saw Nadler give his comments last night and he was reading from a script.  There was no melt-down, he spoke in a calm voice with feeling that he meant his words.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2020, 01:01:30 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@corbe

Well, he certainly didn't need her anymore,after she and her boss saw to it Putin got all the Uranium he wanted.  Putin understands the first rule of bribery:  People you bribe don't stay bribed.

Actually, the only place I've read that says Putin wanted Trump over Hillary was the now thoroughly discredited Steele "dossier."  Every story I saw since that declares Trump to be "Putin's choice" eventually sourced to that phony document.  Everything else is just opinion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2020, 01:02:48 am »
@mystery-ak

I just heard/saw Nadler give his comments last night and he was reading from a script.  There was no melt-down, he spoke in a calm voice with feeling that he meant his words.

Sounds like the Dems have a winning case.  No reason to bother defending himself, Trump should just resign right now, to give the Rats more time to Impeach Pence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2020, 01:06:46 am »
@Victoria33
Good to see you come out of the closet as a Bubbette! supporter.
@sneakypete

Yes, sneaky, when I write a true commentary, you "always" accuse me of loving the person in the commentary if it is a person you do not like.  You know I love you so it doesn't matter to me you do this.  I am glad you are alive to do it.   :kisses2: :kisses2:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2020, 01:12:21 am »
Well, he certainly didn't need her anymore,after she and her boss saw to it Putin got all the Uranium he wanted.  Putin understands the first rule of bribery:  People you bribe don't stay bribed.  Actually, the only place I've read that says Putin wanted Trump over Hillary was the now thoroughly discredited Steele "dossier."  Every story I saw since that declares Trump to be "Putin's choice" eventually sourced to that phony document.  Everything else is just opinion.
@Cyber Liberty

No, Cyber, Putin hates Clinton for the years she was Secretary of State.  I can search and find what she said about him during those years and what he said about her.  Where I read about that, the whole story was there - what she did and what he did.  This is not my "opinion", it is what happened.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2020, 01:20:23 am »
@Cyber Liberty
Here is one summation about Clinton/Putin. Consider the rest in "quotes":

Why Putin hates Hillary
Behind the allegations of a Russian hack of the DNC is the Kremlin leader's fury at Clinton for challenging the fairness of Russian elections.  When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear who he thought was really behind them: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.

Five years later, Putin may be seeking revenge against Clinton. At least that’s the implication of the view among some cybersecurity experts that Russia was behind the recent hack of the Democratic National Committee’s email server, which has sowed confusion and dissent at the Democratic National Convention and undercut Clinton’s goal of party unity.

While Donald Trump’s budding bromance with Vladimir Putin is well known — the two men have exchanged admiring words about each other and called for improved relations between Washington and Moscow — Putin’s hostility towards Clinton draws less attention.

Former U.S. officials who worked on Russia policy with Clinton say that Putin was personally stung by Clinton’s December 2011 condemnation of Russia’s parliamentary elections, and had his anger communicated directly to President Barack Obama. They say Putin and his advisers are also keenly aware that, even as she executed Obama’s “reset” policy with Russia, Clinton took a harder line toward Moscow than others in the administration. And they say Putin sees Clinton as a forceful proponent of “regime change” policies that the Russian leader considers a grave threat to his own survival.

“He was very upset [with Clinton] and continued to be for the rest of the time that I was in government,” said Michael McFaul, who served as the top Russia official in Obama’s national security council from 2009 to December 2011 and then was U.S. ambassador to Moscow until early 2014. “One could speculate that this is his moment for payback.”

The notion of payback remains speculation. Some experts are unconvinced that Putin’s government engineered the DNC email hack or that it was meant to influence the election in Trump’s favor as opposed to embarrassing DNC officials for any number of reasons.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2020, 01:25:18 am »
Unsourced?  Well OK then, you got me there.  You win. 

They got that Trump bloke now.  I hope he's packed up his stuff for when he clears out of the White House.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2020, 01:31:16 am »
OMG. This has to be one of the most STUPID, or maybe the most STUPID, posts I have seen on this site.
She knew that Putin had killed people? And that was some kind of amorphous 'threat' to Putin!? Dear God, Everyone on the Planet knows that Putin has 'killed people' including the Russian so called voters. Of course they know that. Of course Hillary knows that. I know that. You know that. EVERYBODY knows that already. Nobody needs Hillary to tell them that the sky is blue.

Your whole post is premised on the idiotic idea that Russian elections are the same as American elections. This is an ignorant and ridiculous notion. It doesn't matter what the Russian people know or don't know, there was never a chance that Putin would ever lose the staged 'election'. No matter what "the Russian People" know or don't know, assuming that any Russian would ever believe Hillary's word about anything, which I very much doubt. Obama and Hillary were giving away the farm to Putin. They gave him all, and even more, of everything and anything he asked for. Putin would have done anything to make Hillary and her Russian loving stooges President.

You are not supposed to drink the bong water!

Online libertybele

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2020, 02:08:36 am »
@Cyber Liberty
Here is one summation about Clinton/Putin. Consider the rest in "quotes":

Why Putin hates Hillary
Behind the allegations of a Russian hack of the DNC is the Kremlin leader's fury at Clinton for challenging the fairness of Russian elections.  When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear who he thought was really behind them: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.

Five years later, Putin may be seeking revenge against Clinton. At least that’s the implication of the view among some cybersecurity experts that Russia was behind the recent hack of the Democratic National Committee’s email server, which has sowed confusion and dissent at the Democratic National Convention and undercut Clinton’s goal of party unity.

While Donald Trump’s budding bromance with Vladimir Putin is well known — the two men have exchanged admiring words about each other and called for improved relations between Washington and Moscow — Putin’s hostility towards Clinton draws less attention.

Former U.S. officials who worked on Russia policy with Clinton say that Putin was personally stung by Clinton’s December 2011 condemnation of Russia’s parliamentary elections, and had his anger communicated directly to President Barack Obama. They say Putin and his advisers are also keenly aware that, even as she executed Obama’s “reset” policy with Russia, Clinton took a harder line toward Moscow than others in the administration. And they say Putin sees Clinton as a forceful proponent of “regime change” policies that the Russian leader considers a grave threat to his own survival.

“He was very upset [with Clinton] and continued to be for the rest of the time that I was in government,” said Michael McFaul, who served as the top Russia official in Obama’s national security council from 2009 to December 2011 and then was U.S. ambassador to Moscow until early 2014. “One could speculate that this is his moment for payback.”

The notion of payback remains speculation. Some experts are unconvinced that Putin’s government engineered the DNC email hack or that it was meant to influence the election in Trump’s favor as opposed to embarrassing DNC officials for any number of reasons.

@Victoria33  -- I actually read the commentary and it is very "watered" down without any real substance.  When the article starts out to say "allegations" that means nothing has been proven.  It continues on to say that there is a well-known "bromance" between Putin and Trump -- " the two men have exchanged admiring words about each other and called for improved relations between Washington and Moscow"   Seriously?  Two of the World's Superpower leaders actually making an attempt to make some headway and maintain a relationship; how dare they!  I guess we'd be much better off if they absolutely had no respect for each other and each of them instead threatened to nuke one another!

I find it difficult to understand how it seems Clinton comes out of all of this completely innocent in your eyes and Trump is guilty without any proof.  Allegations, accusations, and assumptions don't equal fact.  President Donald J. Trump is innocent until he is proven guilty; he is not guilty until he is proven innocent. 

I realize you don't like his character. I get that and I know you've made your own "professional" assessment of him, but that does NOT make him guilty of anything other than having poor character that you and others don't like.  That is NOT a crime; at least it shouldn't be unless you're Trump.  It's considered a crime only by the leftists.  They lie and accuse and make the same "allegations" over and over until people believe that those allegations are factually true.  That is how they roll.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2020, 02:16:46 am »
@240B

Read my post 144 for more information documenting the relationship between Putin/Clinton.  Aside from that information, I heard Clinton say at a public gathering that Putin was a murderer.  It is one thing for George down the street to say that, but is quite another thing when a US Secretary of State says that in public.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2020, 02:20:37 am »

Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and Putin was running for re-election.  She knew what he had done in his past in the KGB (killed people), and the people he was still killing with poison, etc. and every move he was presently taking to hurt the Russian people and used her power as Secretary of State to inform the Russian people to vote him out.  She was Putin's nemesis, his personal sworn enemy. 

@Victoria33   Are you high?  Seriously, are you high?  Never mind the fact that John F'n Kerry was Secretary of State, not Hillary Clinton.  Not to mention the fact that when Hillary was SoS, she sold Putin one-fourth of our total uranium stockpile.  And then there's all the money that Putin gave to the Clinton Foundation that ended up in Hillary's campaign chest.

So considering all those facts, I ask once more.  Are you high?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-