Author Topic: Citizens Defending Gun Rights in Virginia Won by Turning the Other Cheek  (Read 292 times)

rangerrebew

Citizens Defending Gun Rights in Virginia Won by Turning the Other Cheek

Flickr/Capital News Service/Chip Lauterbach
People arrived early for the Virginia Citizens Defense League rally on Lobby Day at the Capitol, Jan. 20, 2020.

By John Zmirak Published on January 21, 2020 

We dodged a bullet. The demonstration by 22,000 Second Amendment advocates in Richmond, VA, didn’t end in violence. Or racist incidents. Or even litter. (The demonstrators cleaned up after themselves, leaving the area spotless.)

Tens of thousands of patriotic Virginians of every race went to their state capitol building on the day traditional for public demonstrations. Alarmed at new proposed gun-grabbing laws, they marched peacefully and amicably. They spoke up in defense of our constitutional gun rights. They recited the Pledge of Allegiance. Really scary stuff.

https://stream.org/citizens-defending-gun-rights-in-virginia-won-by-turning-the-other-cheek/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Citizens Defending Gun Rights in Virginia Won by Turning the Other Cheek
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:10:10 pm »
(The demonstrators cleaned up after themselves, leaving the area spotless.)

Typical right-wingers!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:12:53 pm »
Typical right-wingers!

The nerve of them!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 06:50:09 pm »
How Much Trash a Political Rally Leaves for Others to Clean Up Tells You Something, Doesn’t It?

https://i2i.org/how-much-trash-a-political-rally-leaves-for-others-to-clean-up-tells-you-something-doesnt-it/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 07:18:17 pm »
 Law-abiding gun owners are good people but part of the reason why they behaved themselves extra well and cleaned up their garbage because they do understand they’re going to be under more scrutiny by the media than a women’s march or an ANTIFA march
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:27:22 pm »
Law-abiding gun owners are good people but part of the reason why they behaved themselves extra well and cleaned up their garbage because they do understand they’re going to be under more scrutiny by the media than a women’s march or an ANTIFA march

I don't actually believe that.  They'd have behaved the same whether they were under additional scrutiny or not.  That rally had a lot of veterans, and veterans are very familiar with the concept of doing a "police call" to clean up after yourself after being in an area.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 07:35:08 pm »
I don't actually believe that.  They'd have behaved the same whether they were under additional scrutiny or not.  That rally had a lot of veterans, and veterans are very familiar with the concept of doing a "police call" to clean up after yourself after being in an area.

I agree with you in this.
There was a similar comparison pic going around a while back of some Conservative rally or another compared to Obama's inauguration. Same conditions prevailed. The Obama grounds were devastated, whereas the only thing not perfectly kept atfter the conservative rally was the neatly stacked overflow, right next to the garbage cans.

It is a difference in nature that is repeated.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 10:07:41 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin
@roamer_1

I think you are both onto something here.

Learned behavior from faith-based groups as well, churches, and organizations like the boy scouts (the old boy scouts anyway).

We leave an area better off than the way we found it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 10:16:23 pm »

Learned behavior from faith-based groups as well, churches, and organizations like the boy scouts (the old boy scouts anyway).

@GrouchoTex

It's almost a knee-jerk kinda thing... Any gathering is about the same, At the end: All the women start processing in the kitchen, bagging, boxing, and cleaning... Young girls watch the kids while their mothers are busy... young men deliver to the kitchen and handle garbage, and the men start breaking down the tables and chairs...

Automatic. No directions, no orders beyond what the womenfolk require, no encouragement necessary.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:17:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:39 pm »
@GrouchoTex

It's almost a knee-jerk kinda thing... Any gathering is about the same, At the end: All the women start processing in the kitchen, bagging, boxing, and cleaning... Young girls watch the kids while their mothers are busy... young men deliver to the kitchen and handle garbage, and the men start breaking down the tables and chairs...

Automatic. No directions, no orders beyond what the womenfolk require, no encouragement necessary.

True, automatic

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 10:58:41 pm »
@GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex @roamer_1

That is the absolute truth.  Now in terms of breaking down the tables and chairs, there are some who do that a bit differently (I never pass up a chance to link this particular video if I can shoehorn it in).... Just the first 30 seconds, after which the other side apparently decided to engage in peace talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xaV-u7-pTA

Best comment from YouTube:

"She didn't catch that chair, she summoned it like Thor!"

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:37:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 11:10:39 pm »
Now in terms of breaking down the tables and chairs, there are some who do that a bit differently (I never pass up a chance to link this particular video if I can shoehorn it in).... Just the first 30 seconds, after which the other side apparently decided to engage in peace talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xaV-u7-pTA

Best comment from the YouTube:

"She didn't catch that chair, she summoned it like Thor!"

WOW. Ainnobody got time fo dat!

**nononono* :whistle: :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 11:27:40 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin
@roamer_1

Thus Tea Party rallies vs. Occupy Wall Street.

We left everything clean..... banners taken with or thrown away.   They left everything there...... including feces.

Learned behavior from people who respect the Creator.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.