Author Topic: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?  (Read 1841 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2020, 09:00:14 pm »
This is where we part ways.  He's not "left" nor "right," he's an opportunist who saw opportunity on the right side if the aisle.  For now.

That's right. But every ounce of him is New York Liberal... It is what he was raised in. That is what sets his defaults. So while you are right, he IS a city boy, and must necessarily react according to his raisin.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2020, 09:01:35 pm »
Nothing like a made up fake story, for gullible people to fall for.

Who is falling for it?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2020, 09:01:43 pm »
This is where we part ways.  He's not "left" nor "right," he's an opportunist who saw opportunity on the right side if the aisle.  For now.

Trump is the guy at the end of the bar who says 'if I were in charge...' He's neither right nor left, he's common sense.

It just so happens that most right wingers ARE right wingers because they also have common sense. If nothing else, Trump and they have that in common.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2020, 09:10:51 pm »

:beer:  Exactly.  He saw an opportunity, a void and a very disgruntled voting base and jumped in.  I do though believe he is a patriot and I also believe he's not going to do anything that doesn't benefit his pockets.  Fortunately, for the most part, lining his pockets will also help this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2020, 09:32:28 pm »
Nothing like a made up fake story, for gullible people to fall for.
Democrat fantasy. They would LOVE for Pence to resign.
One less person to have to take out to clear the road for a Dem President.
The funniest part was when the Dems/MSM tried to draw Pence into the Stormey scandal.
That made me laugh outloud, literally laugh.
Pence has got to be the most straight Christian White guy in D.C.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 09:39:24 pm »
Democrat fantasy. They would LOVE for Pence to resign.

And be replaced by Allen West?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2020, 10:08:03 pm »

Batman?  I thought he died.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2020, 10:15:29 pm »

Thee Rats and RINOs in the Senate would never confirm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2020, 10:35:53 pm »
   OTOH, Cocaine Mitch and a few others would gladly approve the exit of Cruz from their CLUB.   :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2020, 10:37:41 pm »
   OTOH, Cocaine Mitch and a few others would gladly approve the exit of Cruz from their CLUB.   :whistle:

`You are hitting the bud early.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2020, 10:39:49 pm »
`You are hitting the bud early.

But he's hitting on all eight, just the same.

Online corbe

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »
   So if Pence had to resign for 'little boy' problems or kickbacks from Roberts the Christian or something and Trump appointed Cruz as his VP, McConnell wouldn't make that happen in record time?  Regardless of the 'bud' issue which I may add is very perceptive on your part @Wingnut
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2020, 10:49:21 pm »
Regardless of the 'bud' issue which I may add is very perceptive on your part @Wingnut

a cheap trick... Not so much perceptive as predictive, @corbe ... Like the sun, rising in the morning...
The great swami @Wingnut simply made an educated guess.   :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2020, 10:55:32 pm »
    It was a cheapshot, that I deserve, more often than not, but it showed a lack of characterbone or something.  :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:49 pm »
    It was a cheapshot, that I deserve, more often than not, but it showed a lack of characterbone or something.  :smokin:

Well...if the cheap shot ever gets you down, we have the back porch in the Lounge, right?  I'll join you any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2020, 11:06:58 pm »
    I've read some of the stuff I post here and it don't make a lot of sense to me either, but I've meet many Stoners in my life and they certainly give me a bad name. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2020, 11:07:01 pm »
Well...if the cheap shot ever gets you down, we have the back porch in the Lounge, right?  I'll join you any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

For sweet tea, no doubt, amirite?  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2020, 11:15:42 pm »
For sweet tea, no doubt, amirite?  :whistle:

Yup!   :whistle:

(@corbe is dying of jealousy.  I live inside a 45 minute drive to legal dispensaries in two different states.  California is the least hassle, but Nevada is across the Colorado River from me. The customers demand high quality smoke.)
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2020, 11:21:39 pm »
    I smoked my first joint in 65, it was 20~Life then in Texas, it's much better now.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2020, 11:32:20 pm »
Yup!   :whistle:

(@corbe is dying of jealousy.  I live inside a 45 minute drive to legal dispensaries in two different states.  California is the least hassle, but Nevada is across the Colorado River from me. The customers demand high quality smoke.)

:shrug: I live 3 houses down from all the good weed I could handle... While I do not partake, it ain't like it's hard to find...

If I were likely to, I would be up in the sticks growing my own.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2020, 11:50:42 pm »
    I smoked my first joint in 65, it was 20~Life then in Texas, it's much better now.

It was 20-life for freakin' seeds.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2020, 11:59:56 pm »
:shrug: I live 3 houses down from all the good weed I could handle... While I do not partake, it ain't like it's hard to find...

If I were likely to, I would be up in the sticks growing my own.

Yeah, I could get really good illegal stuff that was skunk weed back in Phoenix, but I've found really good product in the legal stores, guaranteed no pesticides, and quality that can be measured in a lab.  I get these little jars with labels that list all the test results.  Sativa buds that are over 20% THC.

Interesting side note, in AZ the legal medical stuff was reading THC at "unacceptably high levels."  Even higher than the stuff I can get in CA and NV. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:02:11 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2020, 12:11:56 am »
Yeah, I could get really good illegal stuff that was skunk weed back in Phoenix, but I've found really good product in the legal stores, guaranteed no pesticides, and quality that can be measured in a lab.  I get these little jars with labels that list all the test results.  Sativa buds that are over 20% THC.

Interesting side note, in AZ the legal medical stuff was reading THC at "unacceptably high levels."  Even higher than the stuff I can get in CA and NV.

Good on ya, I guess, But like my beer (PBR, Rainier, Keystone), and most other things (my coffee comes in a large tin can), I find the mundane to be perfectly acceptable - Lest I let my luxuries outpace my realities - Which I have a tendency toward. I now live on less money per month than I used to spend on mochas alone... And I like myself better this way.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:12:48 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2020, 12:29:34 am »
Good on ya, I guess, But like my beer (PBR, Rainier, Keystone), and most other things (my coffee comes in a large tin can), I find the mundane to be perfectly acceptable - Lest I let my luxuries outpace my realities - Which I have a tendency toward. I now live on less money per month than I used to spend on mochas alone... And I like myself better this way.

See, I went the other way.  I tolerated the mundane for decades, saving up for the day I can retire, so now I like going upper-crust once in a while (like buying my beer by the keg).  When it came to the legalization of weed, I found that I can get top-notch for what ditch weed used to cost.  It's the magic of Adam Smith's dead hand on markets.  There is a demand for high quality, and a general eschewing of the crap the cartels have been passing off (with the added bonus of knowing the cartels get screwed out of being the middleman).

Win-win.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:39 am »
He's not resigning.

He may have a contingency plan if he succeeds to the Presidency, but I'm sure all vice presidents have that.

But the rest is just speculation.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024