Author Topic: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2020, 07:52:00 pm »
The two aren't mutually exclusive.  Nothing wrong with wanting both.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2020, 07:56:39 pm »
The two aren't mutually exclusive.  Nothing wrong with wanting both.

Would that it were so!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 08:01:12 pm »
Trump has "character" (just not up to par as to what some say his character should be) and he definitely has backbone.  Right now, with all the crap going on in VA, the DEM impeachment frenzy and issues over in the Middle East, I am glad he's our President. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 08:02:10 pm »
Would that it were so!

I think it can be said that while not mutually exclusive, they are mutually unlikely. It's because of what the ignorant expect politicians to do.  If someone is likely to be of good character, they won't get those votes.

It's similar to the concept of bosses who demand yes-men for executives.  Bosses like that are rejected by executives who aren't afraid to say "no," because they know they would have no job security.  Same for politicians who promise to be straight-shooters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 08:03:01 pm »
Trump has "character" (just not up to par as to what some say his character should be) and he definitely has backbone.  Right now, with all the crap going on in VA, the DEM impeachment frenzy and issues over in the Middle East, I am glad he's our President.

I most profoundly disagree.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2020, 08:07:29 pm »
I most profoundly disagree.

Allow me to amplify that a little:  What if a politician turns on the people who elected him to office moment he becomes a lame duck (The first Wednesday in November '20)? There would be a case of character mattering more than backbone, because the lack of the latter can lead to loss of the former.  Trouble is, it's hard to know for sure without electing and reelecting the politician.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:08:32 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 08:15:26 pm »
More of a chance than one without character. At least he knows what's right.
Part of character is defending that, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 08:15:53 pm »
Allow me to amplify that a little:  What if a politician turns on the people who elected him to office moment he becomes a lame duck (The first Wednesday in November '20)? There would be a case of character mattering more than backbone, because the lack of the latter can lead to loss of the former.  Trouble is, it's hard to know for sure without electing and reelecting the politician.

That is the other shoe to drop - and one I view with deep foreboding. ie: Dubya 2nd term.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 08:16:37 pm »
Part of character is defending that, too.

True. And prior to his governorship, I would have no question.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 08:16:39 pm »

What if a politician isn't a lame duck because he has both backbone and character -- the character to do what is right for the country and the backbone to see it through.

Indeed -- in the event that Trump isn't removed from office and he is re-elected, we cannot be sure of what he'll do his second term -- that IS in his character -- and IMHO a deep flaw -- you never can quite predict what he'll do.  To his credit, he's usually one step ahead.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 08:18:17 pm »
What if a politician isn't a lame duck because he has both backbone and character -- the character to do what is right for the country and the backbone to see it through.

Indeed -- in the event that Trump isn't removed from office and he is re-elected, we cannot be sure of what he'll do his second term -- that IS in his character -- and IMHO a deep flaw -- you never can quite predict what he'll do.  To his credit, he's usually one step ahead.

I think him entirely predictable. His history precedes him... Like a fetid stench.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 08:22:16 pm »
That is the other shoe to drop - and one I view with deep foreboding. ie: Dubya 2nd term.

Even Ronaldo Maximus delivered a miserable second term, complete with poor tax philosophy, lousy immigration "deals" and and scandals leading to paralysis.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 08:24:24 pm »
Even Ronaldo Maximus delivered a miserable second term, complete with poor tax philosophy, lousy immigration "deals" and and scandals leading to paralysis.

Right. But ultra-magnified in Tump. He is appearance minded, and will be seeking to forge a legacy on steroids.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 08:27:47 pm »
Right. But ultra-magnified in Tump. He is appearance minded, and will be seeking to forge a legacy on steroids.

While it's not sufficient, I'm entitled to hope the legacy he intends to forge aligns with what I want.  It's admittedly a thin reed.  The alternatives running in 2020 are all much worse.  We're faced with either hoping our guy does what we want him to, or hoping a leftist will break his promises. 

The technical term for that choice is "suck-ass."
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2020, 08:29:06 pm »
I think him entirely predictable. His history precedes him... Like a fetid stench.

Well, no doubt I believe if Trump manages to be re-elected we will see the true President Trump -- he will either find a way to crush the leftists idiots or he will join them.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2020, 08:32:12 pm »
Well, no doubt I believe if Trump manages to be re-elected we will see the true President Trump -- he will either find a way to crush the leftists idiots or he will join them.

Trump'll join the left the same day he has Rosie O'Donnell over for dinner.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2020, 08:34:02 pm »

:rolling: I do hope you are correct.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 08:38:47 pm »
While it's not sufficient, I'm entitled to hope the legacy he intends to forge aligns with what I want.  It's admittedly a thin reed.  The alternatives running in 2020 are all much worse.  We're faced with either hoping our guy does what we want him to, or hoping a leftist will break his promises. 

The technical term for that choice is "suck-ass."

Right. The conundrum presents when settling for less...
Were he a Conservative, I might be more inclined to take him on his word, and be content to see a legacy building second term.

But he is not, and without a need to follow the voter's will. I think that legacy will look a whole lot like New York, and resemble his phallic towers found all around the world... With Broadway lights.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 08:39:18 pm »

Tump IS the left.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 08:40:39 pm »

Meh. He cannot crush them. No one man can.
But he certainly can join them.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2020, 08:42:10 pm »

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2020, 08:53:03 pm »
Tump IS the left.

This is where we part ways.  He's not "left" nor "right," he's an opportunist who saw opportunity on the right side if the aisle.  For now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 08:57:31 pm »
Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?

Nothing like a made up fake story, for gullible people to fall for.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 08:58:38 pm »
Nothing like a made up fake story, for gullible people to fall for.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org