Author Topic: Yemen war: At least 70 soldiers killed in missile attack  (Read 324 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yemen war: At least 70 soldiers killed in missile attack
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:58:37 am »
Yemen war: At least 70 soldiers killed in missile attack

A missile attack on a military training camp in Yemen has killed at least 70 soldiers.

Dozens of others were wounded in the strike in the central province of Marib on Saturday, officials say.

The camp, about 170km (105 miles) east of the capital, Sanaa, targeted a mosque as people gathered for prayer, military sources told Reuters.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51166943?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Yemen war: At least 70 soldiers killed in missile attack
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 12:04:50 pm »
Two people ultimately deserve credit for such murderous attacks.
Obama and Soleimani.
The former (along with John Kerry) ensured that the Iranians would have plenty of cash (pallets full), to fund such operations, and Soleimani, as commander of the Quds force, was in charge of the terrorist outreach program carried on by Iran.

Soleimani and Iran gave considerable aid and advice to the Houthis.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:06:47 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 02:09:26 pm »
The article has been updated to 80 dead. It also makes this claim: "Hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in the conflict, described as the world's worst humanitarian crisis by the UN."

War casualties have topped over 100,000 now. I saw a figure of over 85,000 children died of starvation by 2018. It is probably much more by now.

This war doesn't seem to get much attention. Maybe I don't pay much attention. If it is as described by the UN as "the world's worst humanitarian crisis" I would think it would garner more attention. But like much of what happens in central Africa, the rest of the world doesn't care.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:10:31 pm »
Two people ultimately deserve credit for such murderous attacks.
Obama and Soleimani.
The former (along with John Kerry) ensured that the Iranians would have plenty of cash (pallets full), to fund such operations, and Soleimani, as commander of the Quds force, was in charge of the terrorist outreach program carried on by Iran.

Soleimani and Iran gave considerable aid and advice to the Houthis.

This is a war being fought between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 02:22:25 pm »
This is a war being fought between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
For all practical purposes, yes. It is a proxy war along sectarian lines, Sunni v. Shia.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis