Author Topic: CBS Claims a ‘Week’ of ‘Violence’ Occurred Before Virginia Gun Rally  (Read 532 times)

rangerrebew

CBS Claims a ‘Week’ of ‘Violence’ Occurred Before Virginia Gun Rally
By Nicholas Fondacaro | January 20, 2020 8:49 PM EST

Since there was no violence what so ever at the gun rights rally in Richmond, Virginia on Monday, CBS Evening News apparently decided to make-up some fake news and claim there was. As fill-in anchor Maurice DuBois began discussing the event, he falsely claimed there was “more than a week” of “violence” leading up to the rally. But back in reality, there wasn’t.

Before he even got to the report, and longer still until CBS admitted there was no violence, DuBois used the opening tease of the program to mislead viewers by suggesting rally goers forced Richmond law enforcement to deploy riot police. “Tight security, more than 20,000 show up to protest stricter gun laws in Richmond as police in riot gear turn out in force. The latest on Virginia's showdown over the second amendment,” he purported.

At no point did CBS show pictures or video of these supposedly-deployed riot police.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/01/20/cbs-claims-week-violence-occurred-virginia-gun-rally

Offline goatprairie

The conceit of libs is that gun owners are all knuckle-dragging troglodytes who can't wait to start wildly shooting their guns at innocent people.
What many bubble-wrapped libs don't know is there are millions of Dem gun owners (many here in Wisconsin...hunting state) who don't like to be told they're brainless idiots with twitchy trigger fingers.
Hopefully, we can draw some of those people away from the Dem Party clutches.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I took my best friend, who happens to be a Bernie supporter, to the gun range the last time he came for a visit.  He'd never shot before.  He was really surprised at how professionally the place was run, and how safety conscious, responsible, and friendly everyone seemed.  When we were home later having a few cold ones, he said he wished more people on the left could see how completely ordinary gun owners are, because it might lessen some of the animosity.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

"CBS" is just about as reliable of a news source as CNN.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Most of the violence in the past week was in Baltimore.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

That's why I call them "See BS".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

CBS.......More like CFS.....Columbia Fraudcasting Network.

Offline LMAO

I don’t know why conservatives are upset and surprised at how the media is covering this. This should have been totally expected from the media.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

I don’t know why conservatives are upset and surprised at how the media is covering this. This should have been totally expected from the media.
I'm not upset or surprised. They're covering it totally as I expected them to cover it.....fraudulently. The surprise would be if they had covered it fairly.

Online mountaineer

I'm not upset or surprised. They're covering it totally as I expected them to cover it.....fraudulently. The surprise would be if they had covered it fairly.
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Exactly.
It's not difficult to believe the people from Big Media look upon half the country's citizens as strange creatures worthy of some sort of anthropological study.
I'm sure they wonder why those strange people continue to hold their weird beliefs about religion, guns, and the fed. gov. leaving them alone as much as possible.
"Why don't these  weirdos simply accept the "progressive" plan for their futures as outlined by their betters i.e. the people in the media and academia?" they wonder to themselves.
One of the most amusing things I've read from liberals is that they firmly believe that non-wealthy conservatives who vote for Republicans are "voting against their interests."
That line comes from Thomas Frank, a NY Times writer who wrote the book "What's The Matter With Kansas?" As in why don't average Kansans vote for Democrats as they'd get a lot of money from the fed. gov. if they did.
Which means most liberals completely fail to understand conservatism and limited gov.