Author Topic: Trump voters motivated by racism may be violating the Constitution. Can they be stopped?  (Read 963 times)

Offline Hoodat

Why did Alan Keyes get so many primary votes (including mine, twice)?

You too?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Me too.
I heard him give a speech in ND, and walked up and thanked him. Yes, he got my primary vote that year.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I heard him give a speech in ND, and walked up and thanked him. Yes, he got my primary vote that year.

Keyes may well be the most profound orator I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. It is SUCH a shame he got taken out for carpetbagging Illinois. No one has taken him seriously since. And I DO mean a cryin shame.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Keyes may well be the most profound orator I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. It is SUCH a shame he got taken out for carpetbagging Illinois. No one has taken him seriously since. And I DO mean a cryin shame.

@roamer_1

Alan Keyes was maybe the biggest danger the left has faced in my lifetime. I have no doubt the leftist leadership celebrate the day they found something on him as a annual holiday to be celebrated.

Crying damn shame,and NOT just because he is black. Being black was just a bonus we could shove into the faces of the left and grind around a little.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. He was indeed a pleasure to listen to, not just for his delivery, but for the content.

He was only taken out over Illinois because he was a threat to Obama. Think about it.
The media trashed him, and then the GOP ran away because they were sliding left courting "moderates" and thought him too conservative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Alan Keyes can't get elected dog-catcher in leftist Maryland. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Yep. He was indeed a pleasure to listen to, not just for his delivery, but for the content.

He was only taken out over Illinois because he was a threat to Obama. Think about it.
The media trashed him, and then the GOP ran away because they were sliding left courting "moderates" and thought him too conservative.

That's pretty right. He is most certainly a Conservative stalwart.

Offline roamer_1

Alan Keyes can't get elected dog-catcher in leftist Maryland. :shrug:

Alan Keyes can't get elected dogcatcher in leftist anywhere. Who cares?

But yeah - He should have moved long ago to a conservative state and worked on getting his chops as a governor.

Offline Hoodat

Here in Atlanta, WSB had him arrested back in 1996 because he dared show his face at a GOP Presidential debate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here in Atlanta, WSB had him arrested back in 1996 because he dared show his face at a GOP Presidential debate.

WSB?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

WSB?

We're Such Buttheads - local TV and radio station.  ABC affiliate.  They were hosting the debate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We're Such Buttheads - local TV and radio station.  ABC affiliate.  They were hosting the debate.

And they had Keyes arrested?  A TeeBee station?  On what grounds?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

And they had Keyes arrested?  A TeeBee station?  On what grounds?

RWB - Republican While Black.  Police handcuffed Keyes, put him in a patrol car, drove him to the corner of North Ave and Boulevard, kicked him out of the car, removed the cuffs, and drove off.  Keys walked to a pay phone and called someone to come get him.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:27:16 pm by Hoodat »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Just a thought. I don't have many of 'em, probably doesn't mean nuthin', but...
When the whites of the world acted as if they were "racist", Western Civilization was ascendant.
Now, today, The West is in decline, rapidly.
What has changed?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just a thought. I don't have many of 'em, probably doesn't mean nuthin', but...
When the whites of the world acted as if they were "racist", Western Civilization was ascendant.
Now, today, The West is in decline, rapidly.
What has changed?

As an old friend of mine once quipped, "When black people riot, cities burn.  When white people riot, continents burn."
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

Too Stupid for Words: NBC News Op-ed Claims Voting for Trump Not Only Racist But Unconstitutional

Posted by Mike LaChance      Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 10:00am

Has the dumbest article of 2020 already been written?
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/   

It’s still very early in 2020, but when it comes to stupid political columns, we may already have a winner. A recent op-ed published by NBC News suggests that voting for Trump is not only racist and unethical, it violates the Constitution.

The author, Noah Berlatsky, seems to be serious about this if you can believe it:

Trump voters motivated by racism may be violating the Constitution. Can they be stopped?

If the Trump era has taught us anything, it’s that large numbers of white people in the United States are motivated at least in part by racism in the voting booth. Donald Trump ran an openly racist campaign for president, calling Mexicans rapists and criminals, regularly retweeting white supremacists and at least initially balking at repudiating former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke. Trump made it clear in his campaign that “Make America Great Again” meant that America was greater when white people’s power was more sweeping and more secure. White voters approved of that message by a whopping 58 percent to 37 percent.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/01/too-stupid-for-words-nbc-news-op-ed-claims-voting-for-trump-not-only-racist-but-unconstitutional/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+%28Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion%29

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As an old friend of mine once quipped, "When black people riot, cities burn.  When white people riot, continents burn."

@Cyber Liberty

Sadly,I think this historical truth will be proven once again in the next decade unless drastic political  POV changes are made.

AND.....,as usual,it will be the innocent doing most of the dying,while the bankers that created the situation hide behind their bodyguards on their private islands.

Not to worry,though. Once all the fires have been put out and the dust has settled,they will pop forward once again to lend nations the money they need to restore what passes for civilization. Providing of course the nations are willing and able to tax their citizens to pay for the loans and the interest rate.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:35:37 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!