Author Topic: Is Governor Northam trying to start a second civil war?  (Read 4233 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Is Governor Northam trying to start a second civil war?
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2020, 09:15:43 pm »
Trump's judges are getting vetted by the Federalist Society, not by McConnell.  In any case, if you truly believe your bolded language is true, then there is absolutely no hope anyway.  Because if the judges being pushed by the Federalist Society are just activists of another flavor as you say, then we have no other pool of conservative judges anywhere, and we're doomed to an activist, progressive court no matter who we elect.  And that kind of a court can bowl over the Tea Party at the federal or state level, and barely register a speed bump.

As a more than 30 year member of the Federalist Society myself, I personally am quite certain you are wrong about that.  Not every appointee is a hard core judicial conservative, but Trump is absolutely skimming the cream of the crop of those judicial candidates most conservative lawyers like me would love to see on the Court.  And I say that having read many thousands of court decisions in my time practicing law.

And Heritage Foundation as well - And my primary flag on the play is Jim DeMint stepping down.

I have come to hold all Republican groups as questionable. I could tell you horror stories about NRTL, and others that I was a rainmaker for for many years... I am incredibly jaded, not by mere observation, but because I too have been active, at the regional level on the business/money side of things. I KNOW it's bullcrap. I KNOW most of these societies are puppets, speaking the right things to endlessly feed the beast. Why do you think that nothing has changed in DECADES?

So yeah, I don;t trust a single dang thing that McConnell and the moderates do. To include your judges, regardless of your endorsement, and Tump, who is all cozied up
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:17:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2020, 10:01:40 pm »
No that is not true, or rather, only half true.
Pelosi has not 'indicated' or 'implied' that she wants to do away with public elections, she has said so openly, obviously, and straightforward. She has said that the public cannot be trusted with voting for the 'correct' person. She makes no secret of it. She wants the House and the Senate to determine elections, not the American People. And if she had the power to make that happen, she and her supporters and fellow Democrats, would do it in less than one second.

If the Democrats cannot fix and control public elections, then they would rather simply do away with it and take that power to themselves.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2020, 10:09:42 pm »
Pelosi has not 'indicated' or 'implied' that she wants to do away with public elections, she has said so openly, obviously, and straightforward. She has said that the public cannot be trusted with voting for the 'correct' person. She makes no secret of it. She wants the House and the Senate to determine elections, not the American People. And if she had the power to make that happen, she and her supporters and fellow Democrats, would do it in less than one second.

If the Democrats cannot fix and control public elections, then they would rather simply do away with it and take that power to themselves.

So what?

If the globalist RNC decides who gets to run, and third parties are a waste of time, your vote is a choice from an approved subset anyway.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »
I agree with that.  My point is that whatever the standard is for success, it should be the same for both the tea parties and for Trump.  And honestly, I see Trump having accomplished more for conservatism than did the tea parties.  But I do give the tea parties credit for holding the line on some things so that they didn't get worse.  Immigration in particular.  They forced Obama to do things by executive order, and thus made them much easier to reverse later on.
Which is where the Dems have Trump now.

A Handful of TEA party folks in the house is a small voice, not an effective majority, yet they've been heard. Add to those numbers, and you start to have the force needed to enact legislation. Without those numbers there is nothing. As I said, this will take time, but the goal should be to have as conservative as possible presence in the House and Senate, and the White House, too. The goal should be as I have stated, but progress in that direction will be incremental.

To borrow from the enemy playbook, the journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2020, 10:51:43 pm »
So what?

If the globalist RNC decides who gets to run, and third parties are a waste of time, your vote is a choice from an approved subset anyway.
Yea, I see your point. You are right. Doing away with public elections would have no effect at all.
I see the error in my thinking now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2020, 11:07:05 pm »
Yea, I see your point. You are right. Doing away with public elections would have no effect at all.
I see the error in my thinking now.

Oh. I get it - We do want to keep up appearances. Thanks for your correction.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2020, 11:16:36 pm »

100% correct.  Even after today's demonstration of massive public support for the Constitution, General Assembly Democrats are vowing that it will not dissuade them from expanding their gun grab.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dancer

« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2020, 05:46:47 am »
Exactly right.   And... funny how the ones that claim they "have no dog in this hunt" and refuse to get out and vote against the gun-grabbing leftists always seem to have a LOT to say about the aftermath of not voting against the radical left.  Stop talking, stop whining and vote next time, dammit!

They are intellectually dishonest.  A

Offline dancer

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2020, 05:48:40 am »
So what?

They didn't want Trump, did they.  We had a choice and took it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:05 am »
Prayers for our members that went to Virginia to march for their rights. Thank you too !
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:50:23 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2020, 11:48:51 am »
100% correct.  Even after today's demonstration of massive public support for the Constitution, General Assembly Democrats are vowing that it will not dissuade them from expanding their gun grab.

Overall, a great PR victory for 2A advocates yesterday.  They may not go on record of being dissuaded, but the gun grabbing faction lost the momentum yesterday.  Kudos to the particpants.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2020, 05:02:33 pm »
They didn't want Trump, did they.  We had a choice and took it.

I don't think that's true.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2020, 05:07:27 pm »
I don't think that's true.

I think it's true.

He took the Nomination away from sixteen (16) other declared candidates.

By getting more votes than everybody.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2020, 05:18:27 pm »
I think it's true.

He took the Nomination away from sixteen (16) other declared candidates.

By getting more votes than everybody.

And then got right in bed with the moderates.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2020, 05:39:32 pm »
Wasn't this thread about Northam?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2020, 05:41:51 pm »
And then got right in bed with the moderates.

A non-sequitur, champ.   Focus.

The people made a choice.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2020, 05:52:36 pm »
A non-sequitur, champ.   Focus.

The people made a choice.

The point being whether the choices are pre-selected... Tumpy sure fell in quick with the moderates.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2020, 06:12:28 pm »
The point being whether the choices are pre-selected... Tumpy sure fell in quick with the moderates.

@roamer_1      wink777

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2020, 06:14:52 pm »
An elected representative is obligated to represent the interested of ALL of his/her constituents, not just the ones that like him/her or want him/her to do certain things. 

To do otherwise is called a dictatorship.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2020, 12:52:28 am »
catfish wrote:
"Overall, a great PR victory for 2A advocates yesterday.  They may not go on record of being dissuaded, but the gun grabbing faction lost the momentum yesterday."

No "momentum" was lost.
The democrat-communists STILL HAVE the votes to ram through their anti-gun agenda.
I predict that that's exactly what they will do.

If 100,000 had shown up, it would have made no difference.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2020, 02:43:40 am »
catfish wrote:
"Overall, a great PR victory for 2A advocates yesterday.  They may not go on record of being dissuaded, but the gun grabbing faction lost the momentum yesterday."

No "momentum" was lost.
The democrat-communists STILL HAVE the votes to ram through their anti-gun agenda.
I predict that that's exactly what they will do.

If 100,000 had shown up, it would have made no difference.
True enough, they have the bit in their teeth. The Dems are pushing on all fronts...

But what it did, was louse up their whole "guns=violence" thingy, tearing blocks out of the very foundation of their whole argument for gun control. It sets the stage for reversal, and in the meantime, I'd wager a lot of arms will be well concealed until such time as they need to be exhumed, or can safely be brought back into the light, as legal possessions in VA.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2020, 02:48:53 am »
True enough, they have the bit in their teeth. The Dems are pushing on all fronts...

But what it did, was louse up their whole "guns=violence" thingy, tearing blocks out of the very foundation of their whole argument for gun control. It sets the stage for reversal, and in the meantime, I'd wager a lot of arms will be well concealed until such time as they need to be exhumed, or can safely be brought back into the light, as legal possessions in VA.
I read somewhere today that the state legislature has another dozen or so new gun control bills they are getting ready to introduce... it is not over yet..

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2020, 03:19:58 am »
I read somewhere today that the state legislature has another dozen or so new gun control bills they are getting ready to introduce... it is not over yet..
I am sure Rabid Ralphie and his wolf pack will push this as far as they can.

C S Lewis