Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79650 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2900 on: March 21, 2020, 06:03:57 pm »
Thank you for the correction, @Hoodat.  I accidentally said "deaths" instead of "cases" and went back to my post to correct it.

New York has five times more cases than the second worst state, Washington.

That was my only source for recoveries, so I accept your correction of the number of recoveries in Washington.

The point, however, remains the same.

New York is a hot mess with the number of cases they have there relative to everywhere else in the country.

The liberal "leadership" is to blame, IMO.  They did not take the closings seriously and were way behind the curve in slowing down the spread of this disease.

The absence of leadership is even more of a problem when so many people are together in a geographically small space.

DiBlasio and Cuomo should be ashamed of themselves.  I think they probably put politics over the safety of their people and did nothing because Trump and the Republicans in leadership were making decisions that were wise and showed concern for the health of US citizens.

Democrats have a long, sordid history of inactivity in the face of crises, and then blaming Republicans who actually did do things for everything that goes wrong.  Katrina is just one example, the Rats are manufacturing new ones.

It should be expected that population centers are the canaries in the coal mines for epidemics.  That they are led by DemocRats is but one reason, jamming people into close proximity in buildings and mass transit is another.  One could say, "The Rats are courting rats" (the real kind).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2901 on: March 21, 2020, 06:03:57 pm »

That is not at all what that twitter feed says. 

STOP IT !  YOU DON'T KNOW JACK !  STOP POSTING LINKS WITHOUT VETTING THEM FIRST !  YOUR TRACK RECORD ON THIS THREAD SUCKS BIGTIME !
Mr. Mudslinger, Who cares what you say.

More ad homs, you don't like tweets, get all tweets removed from this forum, she's published in Epoch Times, has a good conservative name.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/author-jennifer-zeng

Your track record is to go after people and ignore great false hoods like Traffic Deaths and Jaywalkers having higher deaths per day,

Your track record was calling this website posted by others as "left wing".  That's your track record.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Debunk it instead of resorting to attacking all the time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:08:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2902 on: March 21, 2020, 06:06:51 pm »
Democrats have a long, sordid history of inactivity in the face of crises, and then blaming Republicans who actually did do things for everything that goes wrong.  Katrina is just one example, the Rats are manufacturing new ones.

It should be expected that population centers are the canaries in the coal mines for epidemics.  That they are led by DemocRats is but one reason, jamming people into close proximity in buildings and mass transit is another.  One could say, "The Rats are courting rats" (the real kind).

SO true!

btw, Trump is doing well in the presser, defending his actions in saving lives.

SAVING LIVES!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2903 on: March 21, 2020, 06:08:02 pm »

That is not at all what that twitter feed says. 

STOP IT !  YOU DON'T KNOW JACK !  STOP POSTING LINKS WITHOUT VETTING THEM FIRST !  YOUR TRACK RECORD ON THIS THREAD SUCKS BIGTIME !
Come on guys....y'all are better than this.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2904 on: March 21, 2020, 06:08:17 pm »
COVID-19 will eventually be an accelerator pushing the world more quickly into the future.
Every global calamity, every war, in every case led to hundreds of new inventions, innovations, and medical procedures.
This will be the same, although it may take years and many deaths before it all comes to fruition.
Adversity leads to progress. And we will likely lose our dependance on China for just about everything.
All the China cheerleaders in D.C. can no longer deny that they have put us in a very dangerous situation.
Once we get through this, we will be stronger and better off for it.

GREAT post!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #2905 on: March 21, 2020, 06:08:56 pm »
Settle down and stop engaging in personal attacks. Stay on topic, please.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2906 on: March 21, 2020, 06:16:42 pm »

Galadriel has balls?

Sure wasn't those lightly maroon leggings.

Must have been in that cheesy smile.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2907 on: March 21, 2020, 06:23:11 pm »
Mr. Mudslinger, Who cares what you say.

More ad homs, you don't like tweets, get all tweets removed from this forum, she's published in Epoch Times, has a good conservative name.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/author-jennifer-zeng

Your track record is to go after people and ignore great false hoods like Traffic Deaths and Jaywalkers having higher deaths per day,

Your track record was calling this website posted by others as "left wing".  That's your track record.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Debunk it instead of resorting to attacking all the time.

FWIW, here is the link to her tweet and a link to the article. Look like a Chineese on-line news source so can't vouch for accuracy and is in Chineese but you can use a translator.

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1240780076385517571

https://news.sina.com.cn/o/2020-03-19/doc-iimxxsth0305852.shtml

Here is another link - UPI

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/03/18/South-Korea-teen-dies-after-testing-negative-for-COVID-19/7711584456914/
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2908 on: March 21, 2020, 06:25:20 pm »
Deeeaath comes sweeping through the hallways

In the winds of change

We must keep them away

Or count the cost in sorrow
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #2909 on: March 21, 2020, 06:27:20 pm »
Galadriel has balls?

Sure wasn't those lightly maroon leggings.

Must have been in that cheesy smile.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2910 on: March 21, 2020, 06:31:08 pm »

I thought it over.

If these people are attacking each other it confirms at least two and maybe three of the Fermi Paradoxes.

If they are going after the [redacted].
CCP I am ALL in.

red action intended septooseptic ogre and rout
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:47:24 pm by bigheadfred »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2911 on: March 21, 2020, 06:37:15 pm »

That is such bullshit. My son's german shepherd is a supercarrier. He took her to the park. That bitch in heat infected EVERYTHING within 2000 people in 5.2 seconds.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2913 on: March 21, 2020, 06:43:50 pm »
Thank you, @Bigun

I briefly looked at the information -- the chart indicated in flattening the curve looks exactly like the chart that the Trump team is using; Dr. Fauci.  So there is no hysteria in that information; that is what they are working towards.  As of today, we are in day 6 of trying to contain this -- we had/have a 15 day window.  Not so sure why anyone would think that trying to contain this virus equals hysteria.  It doesn't. The report here that children aren't symptomatic is now being proven false. There are reports of children preschool age and younger are more at risk.

There is a drastic difference of being concerned and taking preventive measures to contain this virus which is being implemented by Trump and his team, and implementing panic and misinformation which the media has done. 

People are concerned and rightfully so.  The government is taking action to try and prevent another Italy from happening and rightfully so.

Those who are complacent and ignoring what is going on are doing just as much of a disservice to those trying to invoke panic and sensationalize.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2914 on: March 21, 2020, 06:47:10 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2915 on: March 21, 2020, 06:47:26 pm »
SO true!

btw, Trump is doing well in the presser, defending his actions in saving lives.

SAVING LIVES!

Yes ... the press is trying to invalidate his efforts and the efforts of his team of experts and he shuts them down every time.  I still think he ought to give televised daily briefings without questions from the press.  They are of little use.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2916 on: March 21, 2020, 06:48:40 pm »

This is indeed a corona virus, but it is not SARS, it is new. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2917 on: March 21, 2020, 06:50:00 pm »
It is a slightly mutated variant of the SARS virus.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All the Drugs Proving Anecdotally Effective Against COVID-19, and the Companies That Make Them
These drugs could be key to staving off COVID-19 until a vaccine is developed.

Billy Duberstein
(TMFStoneOak)
Mar 21, 2020 at 11:45AM

With no antibodies built up in the population, no known cure, and no existing vaccine against COVID-19, some may fear that there's no hope for those suffering with the disease now or in the future. However, there have actually been green shoots of positive results from several existing anti-viral and anti-inflammatory drugs already on the market, albeit on an anecdotal basis.

While no official U.S. trials have been completed and data is scarce, anecdotal successes with these drugs are giving people hope, and the government is now loosening red tape to get them where needed as fast as possible. Here are all the treatments that have been effective against COVID-19 in certain cases, and the companies that make them.

more
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/21/all-the-drugs-proving-anecdotally-effective-agains.aspx
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #2919 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:31 pm »

Yep. The virus's actual name is SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was to avoid the word SARS in the media as I understand it.

Offline libertybele

All the Drugs Proving Anecdotally Effective Against COVID-19, and the Companies That Make Them
These drugs could be key to staving off COVID-19 until a vaccine is developed.

Billy Duberstein
(TMFStoneOak)
Mar 21, 2020 at 11:45AM

With no antibodies built up in the population, no known cure, and no existing vaccine against COVID-19, some may fear that there's no hope for those suffering with the disease now or in the future. However, there have actually been green shoots of positive results from several existing anti-viral and anti-inflammatory drugs already on the market, albeit on an anecdotal basis.

While no official U.S. trials have been completed and data is scarce, anecdotal successes with these drugs are giving people hope, and the government is now loosening red tape to get them where needed as fast as possible. Here are all the treatments that have been effective against COVID-19 in certain cases, and the companies that make them.

more
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/21/all-the-drugs-proving-anecdotally-effective-agains.aspx

These are hopeful, but those for compassionate care use -- are those being used when death's door is knocking and there is no other options?

So .... I am in no way a pharmacist or chemist  -- but why not try a combination drug of those listed??  Some help to prevent replication, some help to prevent the body's immune system from attacking itself.

Offline DB

« Reply #2921 on: March 21, 2020, 07:05:12 pm »

As stated above this virus is actually called SARS-CoV-2. It is a variant of SARS.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:08:38 pm by DB »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2922 on: March 21, 2020, 07:06:15 pm »

IT IS SARS-CoV-2

COrona VIrus Disease-19

IT is HERE. It will always be HERE. Lassa fever has already killed a like amount of people this year. Ebola hasn't ever gone away. It is still killing in Black Africa. Nobody gves a shit. How many opoids deaths happened THIS week. Only one of the few junkies I cared about.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2923 on: March 21, 2020, 07:07:17 pm »
I am going to shut up and go away.

Offline DB

« Reply #2924 on: March 21, 2020, 07:07:51 pm »
"Why won’t the WHO call the coronavirus by its name, SARS-CoV-2?"

https://qz.com/1820422/coronavirus-why-wont-who-use-the-name-sars-cov-2/