Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2675 on: March 20, 2020, 01:50:00 pm »
Once again...... there is no panic.  Just not a denial of reality.
The reality is that you cannot provide a single comment that totally dismissed this disease.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2676 on: March 20, 2020, 01:52:48 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNwvJcnFjc

LIVE: MAJOR President Trump News Conference | 11:45am Eastern

In about an hour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2677 on: March 20, 2020, 02:04:03 pm »
I personally keep a small bottle of purell in the middle compartment handy.

My wife and I have done that for many years.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2678 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »
The reality is that you cannot provide a single comment that totally dismissed this disease.

I wasn't going to say this, but the reason I'm not is that I don't want to get into a days long argument with you because of your history of doing that, so I will not respond to any more of your taunts.

Just scroll back on this thread, or check any conservative news forum and you'll see plenty of examples.  I'll let you do your own research.

Now stay safe!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2679 on: March 20, 2020, 02:42:56 pm »
Received a "Breaking News" alert that tax day is being pushed back to July 15.  No details yet.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2680 on: March 20, 2020, 02:47:03 pm »
Received a "Breaking News" alert that tax day is being pushed back to July 15.  No details yet.

Swell. I've already coughed up their king's ransom.

« Reply #2681 on: March 20, 2020, 02:49:01 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNwvJcnFjc

In about an hour
I'm sorry.  I clearly can't math today.  One more hour until the President's conference

« Reply #2682 on: March 20, 2020, 02:52:10 pm »
@Applewood

https://twitter.com/IRSnews/status/1241008572332466178

IRS @IRSnews
Please see @stevenmnuchin1 announcement on moving #TaxDay from April 15 to July 15.
Quote Tweet
Steven Mnuchin @stevenmnuchin1
 Â· 45m
At @realDonaldTrump’s direction, we are moving Tax Day from April 15 to July 15. All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties.
9:27 AM · Mar 20, 2020
bolding is mine
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:53:53 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2684 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:21 pm »

I heard 60 days, not 90.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2685 on: March 20, 2020, 02:58:37 pm »

I'm in favor of getting rid of tax day permanently!

http://fairtax.org

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #2686 on: March 20, 2020, 03:04:55 pm »
China officials knew of coronavirus in December, ordered cover-up, report says
According to a report by Rupert Murdoch's Sunday Times of London.  Probably worth questioning the source despite Fox News' extremely responsible journalism before the dead began piling up.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2687 on: March 20, 2020, 03:11:59 pm »
I wasn't going to say this, but the reason I'm not is that I don't want to get into a days long argument with you because of your history of doing that, so I will not respond to any more of your taunts.

Just scroll back on this thread, or check any conservative news forum and you'll see plenty of examples.  I'll let you do your own research.

Now stay safe!
You really have no credibility if you cannot back up your claims.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2688 on: March 20, 2020, 03:12:45 pm »

It was well known at the time that the first 'whistleblower', a noted Otolaryngologist in the Wuhan area, was forced to retract his public warnings concerning the virus. It was pretty clear who motivated his retraction. BTW he died too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:13:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2689 on: March 20, 2020, 03:23:07 pm »

This is a total doubters thread on TBR:   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,394834.msg2173068/boardseen.html#new

Is it totally dismissive? It's darn close. It's always easy too, to just say the problem is being exaggerated.

If the Coronavirus is being compared to the yearly flu in severity, yes, that seems to be very dismissive.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:56:37 pm by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2690 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:15 pm »

Thanks again.  You can be our proxy for response to these folks.  Really not in the mood.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #2691 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »

Of course they knew. They lied over and over about it and the public numbers they've provided are complete BS. Those number are repeated over and over by the media painting a false picture of what happened in China. Many in the media are no trying to paint China as some sort of hero in this mess. It is disgusting.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2692 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:52 pm »
Cuomo just locked down New York.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #2693 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:03 pm »
You really have no credibility if you cannot back up your claims.
None of us is required to continue an argument they think they have already won or they think deserves a burial.   11513
I can only speak for myself but @musiclady has proven to me time and again that stuff she writes is thoughtful, honest, and credible.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:41:16 pm by Once-Ler »

« Reply #2694 on: March 20, 2020, 03:43:25 pm »
Cuomo just locked down New York.
Oh hell.  No wonder President Trump has been shouting out  :seeya: to him daily since Monday.  Cuomo may have planed this days ago.

Offline DB

« Reply #2695 on: March 20, 2020, 03:44:16 pm »
Thanks again.  You can be our proxy for response to these folks.  Really not in the mood.

What people are those? What a total pile of crap. There were numerous people claiming this was nothing more than another strain of the flu and that the normal flu kills more people than this strain bla bla bla and should be treated as such. To stop saying this was something different because it was needlessly panicking people bla bla bla.

« Reply #2696 on: March 20, 2020, 03:50:10 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNwvJcnFjc

Ivanka and Pompeo are there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:51:14 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2697 on: March 20, 2020, 03:51:00 pm »
Oh hell.  No wonder President Trump has been shouting out  :seeya: to him daily since Monday.  Cuomo may have planed this days ago.
That seems to be the sound of things.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #2698 on: March 20, 2020, 03:53:40 pm »
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

One quarter of a million infections confirmed world wide.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2699 on: March 20, 2020, 03:55:06 pm »
Some of these things have been discussed until some are blue in the face, to then, just have to repeat it.

That doubter's thread would be a good starting point.

I get the frustration.

As said here in the bottom line poll:

...the preoccupation with the death numbers from this virus is folly.  It’s been pretty explicitly stated here and elsewhere:  the REAL danger of this virus is its potential to overwhelm our healthcare system.  When there are no more hospital beds, mask, ventilators, etc, etc...then not only are our healthcare workers in more jeopardy, further exacerbating the problem, but now people will be dying from heart attacks, stroke, infections, broken legs, etc.   There is no way to quantify THAT number.  Or the price that should be paid for that number.  - @Axeslinger

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395414.msg2173417/boardseen.html#new

And see, this is absolutely correct.

Why get involved in the conversation IF it just goes into the direction where someone points that the average age of one who dies and from this is "81" (and that figure is subject to change obviously), then it's a treadmill and some don't seem to get the above, they just come out and repeat well, look how many die of the flu every year.  If that's all the debate is because someone is so hellbent in their opinions, why continue?  That's a waste of time.

It's oversimplifying things.

Also, another stat I've seen out there is a carrier will transmit it to how many? Anyway, that is a question, I did see one figure, it wasn't a high figure but I'll bookmark it if I see it again.

While here, unrelated to the current conversation, wow, I didn't know this stuff, interesting:

How Does Coronavirus Reproduce and Can It be Transmitted through Parcels from China?
News      31.01.2020

Can Coronavirus be Transmitted through Parcels from China?

The answer is – no, that is impossible, as coronaviruses are unstable outside the host.

The first cases of human coronavirus were identified in the mid-1960s. Like any other respiratory disease, the coronaviruses are spread through the air and can be easily destroyed by household detergents and cleaning products.

Despite being fatal, the virus cannot live outside the virus carrier, so there is no opportunity for it to survive on the surface or inside any products shipped by mail.

More:  Bonus Blog

The first cases of human coronavirus were identified in the mid-1960s.
This must NOT mean the "Covid19" but other coronaviruses that exist. Other coronas have existed.  It's "zoonotic" (?) because it comes from animals?

Zoonotic: Pertaining to a zoonosis: a disease that can be transmitted from animals to people or, more specifically, a disease that normally exists in animals but that can infect humans. There are multitudes of zoonotic diseases.

Some examples include:

anthrax

More:  https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12958