Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2000 on: March 17, 2020, 03:05:12 pm »
People should stop and realize that organized medicine is just as highly political as any other segment of society—and it leans decidedly to the left.

Remember that Obama expanded bureaucratic agencies—including CDC—by many factors. His holdovers are buried deep and have personal agendas, as we witnessed with the intelligence community, whose operatives seemed not to care one bit the harm the were causing to national security by spreading lies and misinformation about Trump and Russia.

National security or public health, subterfuge in either area can result in American deaths just the same.

Of course the medical community is focused on this pandemic. Epidemiology, healthcare, etc  is their world. Thank goodness.

Its up to us to take what they tell us together with all other related information.

Right now its ALL their input, unleavened with perspective.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2001 on: March 17, 2020, 03:06:41 pm »
Great post @Bigun

93% of the cases worldwide are mild. Too bad that critical thinking has gone by the wayside. There ae no cases in my area. I'm living my life as usual, going to the gym, to the vet. As a registered nurse, I have full faith in my ability to minimize my risk. The panic is far worse than the virus and is causing damage to the economy from which many will never recover. Then everyone will turn to the almighty and all-powerful national government.

I am almost 72 years old @austingirl and have refused to alter my routine on iota over this and will not! My daughter is a trama certified RN and my wife spent her entire lifetime in healthcare. We do what we reasonably can to avoid getting sick but I'll be damned if I let a virus rule my life!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2002 on: March 17, 2020, 03:06:53 pm »
Happens to people ALL the time and we don't shut the economy down over it! What makes this different?

I blame that Trump fella who declared it a National Emergency and keeps getting on the TV talking about it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2003 on: March 17, 2020, 03:07:48 pm »
I'm not going to let these guys off the hook.

It started somewhere, I know that.

It might not be natural, I don't know that.

Have your views, others have theirs as well.

Just remember, if one is smug about this, "ha ha, look at these others", consider this as well.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:13:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2004 on: March 17, 2020, 03:10:06 pm »
I blame that Trump fella who declared it a National Emergency and keeps getting on the TV talking about it.
Don't ask me why I clicked on your post because I have you on ignore....  Can't you just let it go...  Can you imagine the weight on the President's shoulders right now.  Cut the guy some slack.  He needs our prayers not our ridicule. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2005 on: March 17, 2020, 03:10:54 pm »
Dammit RiV, stop making sense. This is twice this week we have agreed... What are ppl gonna think?

Well, I don't agree with either of you.

I know that the AMA is far left leaning, but I'm going to repeat that the people I am citing are physicians and nurses and health care executives who are friends and acquaintances who are very conservative people who are taking this seriously.

There is no panic in my soul.  I am not defending panic.  But I AM accepting wisdom from people who know.

This is NOT just "the flu."

And it's pretty obvious that if people don't gather in large groups the spread of the virus will SLOW.

THAT is the goal.  Not to make it go away, but to slow it so that medical resources are available for everyone who NEEDS them.

This is what did NOT happen in Italy and because of measures taken will most likely be true in America.

Now....... would it be possible for this thread to be actually about updates on COVID-19 not mockery.

(And no, RIV, I am not personally offended by the mockers.  I just want this thread to be about information and not stupid gifs of lemmings...... which NONE of us is).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2006 on: March 17, 2020, 03:12:40 pm »
I am almost 72 years old @austingirl and have refused to alter my routine on iota over this and will not! My daughter is a trama certified RN and my wife spent her entire lifetime in healthcare. We do what we reasonably can to avoid getting sick but I'll be damned if I let a virus rule my life!

I wouldn't let it rule mine, either, but my county has made the decision for me, @Bigun. 'Shelter in place', no restaurants, no bars, no shows, no 'unnecessary' walks, 'essential' businesses only etc for three weeks.

Run in circles scream and shout.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2007 on: March 17, 2020, 03:14:47 pm »

At our age....   Can you put a price tag on basically losing 6 months of enjoyable life?

I am a well, responsible self quarantining,  >60 y.o.  (age risk).  But I tell ya.....   If it becomes evident that this was overblown?  I don't think you will see the level of anger that has been seen in many years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #2008 on: March 17, 2020, 03:14:56 pm »
Don't ask me why I clicked on your post because I have you on ignore....  Can't you just let it go...  Can you imagine the weight on the President's shoulders right now.  Cut the guy some slack.  He needs our prayers not our ridicule.

It was coming no matter what he did. Hopefully he is better informed by the people around him than the rest of us. There was going to be major destruction in its wake period. The only question is what is the path of least destruction and what is the balance between people living and dying verses economic concerns.

I will say China places far less value on human life than we do. And they ended up taking action that caused major economic damage to themselves in spite of that. Food for thought.

Online DB

« Reply #2009 on: March 17, 2020, 03:16:20 pm »
I wouldn't let it rule mine, either, but my county has made the decision for me, @Bigun. 'Shelter in place', no restaurants, no bars, no shows, no 'unnecessary' walks, 'essential' businesses only etc for three weeks.

Run in circles scream and shout.

You're in California... So far that hasn't happened in AZ next door.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2010 on: March 17, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
At our age....   Can you put a price tag on basically losing 6 months of enjoyable life?

I am a well, responsible self quarantining,  >60 y.o.  (age risk).  But I tell ya.....   If it becomes evident that this was overblown?  I don't think you will see the level of anger that has been seen in many years.

The problem is that we won't ever know if it was "overblown" because if the social restrictions actually work (as they will for sure, at least in part), then there will be no future crisis because it will have been averted by those social restrictions.

IOW, if the minimizing of large group contact and protection of the elderly in nursing homes and hospitals works, the deaths will be minimized, and we'll never know for sure that it worked.

Except that it most likely did.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2011 on: March 17, 2020, 03:18:21 pm »
, no 'unnecessary' walks,

Are you kidding?  Even if you are 100's of feet away from others?  Sounds more like "Maritial Law" than "Shelter in Place"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2012 on: March 17, 2020, 03:19:33 pm »
Are you kidding?  Even if you are 100's of feet away from others?  Sounds more like "Maritial Law" than "Shelter in Place"

Verbatim from the announcement. This 'crisis' looks different from where I sit.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2013 on: March 17, 2020, 03:21:30 pm »

They are pushing the envelope to see just how much they can get away with.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2014 on: March 17, 2020, 03:21:56 pm »
Well, I don't agree with either of you.

I know that the AMA is far left leaning, but I'm going to repeat that the people I am citing are physicians and nurses and health care executives who are friends and acquaintances who are very conservative people who are taking this seriously.

There is no panic in my soul.  I am not defending panic.  But I AM accepting wisdom from people who know.

This is NOT just "the flu."

And it's pretty obvious that if people don't gather in large groups the spread of the virus will SLOW.

THAT is the goal.  Not to make it go away, but to slow it so that medical resources are available for everyone who NEEDS them.

This is what did NOT happen in Italy and because of measures taken will most likely be true in America.

Now....... would it be possible for this thread to be actually about updates on COVID-19 not mockery.

(And no, RIV, I am not personally offended by the mockers.  I just want this thread to be about information and not stupid gifs of lemmings...... which NONE of us is).

Good post and again,  some rant at the gubmint', I'm a bad a__ libertairian, independent and just mocking and laughing at others.

Yeah, there's a gubmint that has a lot of responsibility, possibly hiding it, that's the gubmint I'm outraged about.  Spreading it to a whole lot of the world, things Senator Tom Cotton is talking about.

Different strokes for different folks.

But don't think anyone's position is more enlightened, more knowledgeable than others.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:28:46 pm by TomSea »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2015 on: March 17, 2020, 03:22:40 pm »

Well that ain't EXACTLY right. Fishin season is comin on... And down there by you there's bullfrog giggin, and many other such enjoyable passtimes.

Maybe with all this free time, all y'all can finally get a handle on them wild pigs...
That'd be fun.

I am hoping to go out and sit in a blind this weekend with a buddy of mine, goin after coyotes that are messin with his calves, or will be soon... I can go coyote hunting and trapping for a long, long time without getting bored.
 :beer:

Online DB

« Reply #2016 on: March 17, 2020, 03:24:04 pm »

California has endless restrictions on all sorts of things. The people there are being slow boiled... Guns, ammo, what bathroom to use, if you can asked if they've been convicted of bank robber before you hire them to work at your bank, permits to change your water heater, being expelled from school, you name it...

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2017 on: March 17, 2020, 03:24:34 pm »

Hang in there man.  If i didn't have acreage to enjoy and roam around in, I would go bat shit crazy. 

Hope the Gubmit has a plan for all the upcoming Cabin Fever events.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2018 on: March 17, 2020, 03:25:22 pm »
True.  i used to find it pretty easily at Walgreens, but it has appeared that general public has caught on the home made hand sanitizer gig.

That's partly it.  Also, 91% IPA is flammable.  Alcohol fires are really dangerous because the flames tend to be invisible.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #2019 on: March 17, 2020, 03:28:47 pm »
The problem is that we won't ever know if it was "overblown" because if the social restrictions actually work (as they will for sure, at least in part), then there will be no future crisis because it will have been averted by those social restrictions.

IOW, if the minimizing of large group contact and protection of the elderly in nursing homes and hospitals works, the deaths will be minimized, and we'll never know for sure that it worked.

We should have a pretty good idea if it works or not simply by comparing results with other countries assuming those other countries that don't take these actions truthfully report the results. China and Iran for example, who knows what the truth is.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2020 on: March 17, 2020, 03:30:30 pm »
You're in California... So far that hasn't happened in AZ next door.

We have to drive to California today.  Fortunately it's Needles, so it's not like jumping into the deep end.  :crossed:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2021 on: March 17, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »
That's partly it.  Also, 91% IPA is flammable.  Alcohol fires are really dangerous because the flames tend to be invisible.

Just go to the liquor store and buy a liter of Everclear.   

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2022 on: March 17, 2020, 03:31:18 pm »

That is also not true.The numbers they are using are inflated on their face.
Garbage in, garbage out.

...So when the hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths do not occur, the reason will be because the virus ran it's course (just like the flu) and petered out, as it predictably will.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2023 on: March 17, 2020, 03:31:34 pm »
Hang in there man.  If i didn't have acreage to enjoy and roam around in, I would go bat shit crazy. 

Hope the Gubmit has a plan for all the upcoming Cabin Fever events.

Wife and I are stuck in a 600 sq ft 'beach cottage' while we wait for our new house to close escrow, which was suppose to happen next week. 'Cept there's a chance the recorders office will close today as well.  8888crybaby

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2024 on: March 17, 2020, 03:34:49 pm »
That is also not true.The numbers they are using are inflated on their face.
Garbage in, garbage out.

...So when the hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths do not occur, the reason will be because the virus ran it's course (just like the flu) and petered out, as it predictably will.

Dr. Fauci’s Mysterious Math – The Quantifying Today Reflects Where We Were A Week Ago – Today Cannot Be Quantified Until Next Week…

- J. R. R. Tolkien