Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1550 on: March 14, 2020, 02:24:50 pm »
Add the fact this virus supposedly doesn't do so well in warm/hot weather.

This virus has another two months here, tops. Probably less. It may be back during another flu season, but this bout will be over.

It was funny watched Governor Cuomo yesterday declare that all these extreme measures won't end soon, the virus could be here another 8, 9 months. Gee, what else happens in 8, 9 months?

Online corbe

« Reply #1551 on: March 14, 2020, 02:32:40 pm »
Mexico Wants to Close Border with US to Stop Coronavirus Spread 'The United States would bring it here,' top official declares

By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle on 14th March 2020 @ 1.00pm

Mexico wants to close off the border to stop Americans spreading coronavirus Mexico is calling for its northern border with the United States to be closed off to stop Americans from spreading coronavirus into their country. Currently, there are over 2,000 cases of COVID-19 infection in the U.S., with over 40 deaths so far, as it continues to spread rapidly. In Mexico, however, only 16 cases have been confirmed and no deaths. Speaking during a press conference Friday, Mexican Health Minister Hugo Lopez-Gatell said: "Mexico wouldn't bring the virus to the United States, rather the United States would bring it here. "The possible flow of coronavirus would come from the north to the south. "If it were technically necessary, we would consider mechanisms of restriction or stronger surveillance," he said.

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/10629-mexico-wants-to-close-border-with-us-to-stop-coronavirus-spread
© Neon Nettle
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1552 on: March 14, 2020, 02:33:19 pm »
This virus has another two months here, tops. Probably less. It may be back during another flu season, but this bout will be over.

It was funny watched Governor Cuomo yesterday declare that all these extreme measures won't end soon, the virus could be here another 8, 9 months. Gee, what else happens in 8, 9 months?
They're going to milk this as long as they can... probably until people start getting restless enough to start causing trouble. You think public gatherings are bad, wait until they turn into public mobs!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1553 on: March 14, 2020, 02:35:39 pm »
Older or Unhealthy: The first 48 U.S. coronavirus deaths in detail
Early American fatalities of the coronavirus are mostly elderly or suffering from health issues.
By Sharyl Attkisson
Last Updated:  March 14, 2020 - 9:09am
As Americans spend their first full day under a presidentially declared national state of emergency, many are wondering about the profile of those who have succumbed to the coronavirus so far.

The number of U.S. deaths has been growing since the first one reported in Washington state on Feb. 29. The victim’s name was not released, nor were details of his circumstances. But officials said he lived in King County, was in his 50s, and had “underlying health conditions.”

As of Friday, the total number of U.S. deaths attributed to coronavirus stood at 48. All but 11 of the deaths were in Washington state.  Of the total deaths reported through March 13, more than half (25) were from the Life Care Center nursing facility in Kirkland, Wash., where a serious outbreak occurred.

U.S. health officials said the early pattern of deaths suggests those most at risk are the elderly and those with more serious health issues like diabetes, lung disease or coronary ailments. ...
Rest of article enumerates the deceased, noting that all were over 65 and/or had underlying health conditions.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #1554 on: March 14, 2020, 02:38:08 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1555 on: March 14, 2020, 02:42:15 pm »
Early American fatalities of the coronavirus are mostly elderly or suffering from health issues.
By Sharyl Attkisson
Last Updated:  March 14, 2020 - 9:09amRest of article enumerates the deceased, noting that all were over 65 and/or had underlying health conditions.

Of the total deaths reported through March 13, more than half (25) were from the Life Care Center nursing facility in Kirkland, Wash.

And, for the most part, all bunched up in ONE nursing home.  We here about the living conditions in places like that all the time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1556 on: March 14, 2020, 02:53:37 pm »
By Sharyl Attkisson
Last Updated:  March 14, 2020 - 9:09amRest of article enumerates the deceased, noting that all were over 65 and/or had underlying health conditions.

Hey! We don’t need no stinking facts. Scare me, then you can get me to accept anything. Fear, we need more fear. This election isn’t gonna just win itself for Joe. We need more irrational panic. That’s how democrats win. Fear and panic. Oh, and a consequent fear-based market crash. That can always goose a democrat win.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1557 on: March 14, 2020, 03:12:56 pm »
Scorching read in the Atlantic, I read both sides or iow, I will read everything. This is a pretty intellectually detailed read and not my field of expertise.

Well let's take a closer look at this "Scorching read in the Atlantic", shall we?

We also know the World Health Organization had working tests that the United States refused, and researchers at a project in Seattle tried to conduct early tests for the coronavirus but were prevented from doing so by federal officials.

I call BS.

(Doctors at the research project eventually decided to perform coronavirus tests without federal approval.)

QED.  In the very next sentence, the Atlantic contradicts the claim they had just made.  How could they have performed tests if the federal government prevented them from performing tests?

Fauci:  “It would be nice if the office was still there.” We may face a shortage of ventilators and medical supplies, and hospitals may soon be overwhelmed, certainly if the number of coronavirus cases increases at a rate anything like that in countries such as Italy.

So help me out here.  How exactly is having more tests available (for a disease that first popped up on radar only a few weeks ago) going to solve the perceived and unquantified future possibility of ventilator shortages?

Now, I'm feeling more like staying in and taking precautions because we've got to be more self-reliant....

That's a given.  Anyone sitting on their ass waiting for the federal government to save them deserves what they get.  Any Conservative would know that already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1558 on: March 14, 2020, 03:23:38 pm »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemlee/grand-princess-coronavirus-testing

This Elderly Couple Got Evacuated From The Grand Princess — And Still Can’t Get Tested For The Coronavirus.

What is the rush here?  They are both still in quarantine, and showing NO SYMPTOMS.  It's not like they are going anywhere.  There is still time to test them before they leave.  In the meantime, they should be grateful that they are showing no signs of the disease.  They should be giving thanks to G-d instead of bitching about why two perfectly healthy individuals haven't been given a test while those who really are sick are diverting the attention of health care workers away from them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1559 on: March 14, 2020, 03:31:01 pm »
The American entertainment business is dying.  Travel is closed.  Nobody is going to the theater.

Don't care about the entertainment business.  I am traveling.   I am going to dollar-movie theaters to see old releases.  Don't know why you feel the need to panic over this.

As for stores, they remain open.  Apparently, selling goods is something they have a wacky desire to do.  Go figure.  Food is available.  Soap is available.  Cold medicines are available.  Hand cleaners are available.  And if you go to the store around the time delivery trucks show up on Monday, you could even score some toilet paper.

Speaking of delivery truck drivers, business is booming.  And manufacturers will have to step up production to meet orders that usually come from overseas.  And then there are all those service jobs that remain viable because they don't require a plant or central office.  I simply ain't buying all this Chicken Little crap.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1560 on: March 14, 2020, 03:31:31 pm »
He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

Jack Nicas 1 hr ago

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said.

“The major metro areas were cleaned out.”

Matt Colvin stayed home near Chattanooga, preparing for pallets of even more wipes and sanitizer he had ordered, and starting to list them on Amazon. Mr. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, “it was crazy money.” To many others, it was profiteering from a pandemic.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-has-17700-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer-and-nowhere-to-sell-them/ar-BB11blvS?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1561 on: March 14, 2020, 03:38:11 pm »
Good, you get an ad hom in.  Talk rough, talk profane, real classy.  Insult someone else. Can't make an argument otherwise.  Try to quell free speech with this abuse.  Conservatives don't.. oh, never mind, but I could say likewise back.

Oh, you thought I was talking about you?  Never visioned you as the 'helpless government leech' type.  I learned something today.

Yeah, no backup, no refutation, just say you don't agree with it.

Good grief, the refutation is in the very next sentence.  Let me spell it out for your:

Premise A:  researchers at a project in Seattle tried but were prevented from performing coronavirus tests

Premise B:  Doctors at the research project performed coronavirus tests

Geez, even a fifth grader can figure this one out.  The two statements contradict each other.  Were you really not able to see that?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1562 on: March 14, 2020, 03:38:27 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1563 on: March 14, 2020, 03:41:54 pm »
Alabama company gets approval to move forward with coronavirus test kits...

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/alabama-lab-gets-initial-approval-make-coronavirus-test-kits/NEX5OWAV4BF57HCPDZAGIUM6KI/

100,000 tests near approval to move out for the market...

Fort Payne.  Cool beans.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1564 on: March 14, 2020, 03:44:13 pm »
Pentagon halts all domestic travel for military until May 11

'Our goal is to remain ahead of the virus spread so our military force remains effective and ready'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-prompts-pentagon-halt-all-domestic-tra/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1565 on: March 14, 2020, 03:51:08 pm »
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
Please don’t ridicule people for “overreacting” to the Chinese coronavirus. They’re just trying to protect their families, workers, students, athletes—all of us, really. Instead, think how you can help those in need.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1238793898245402625

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1566 on: March 14, 2020, 03:51:33 pm »
@corbe I’d like a pair.
lololololololololol

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1567 on: March 14, 2020, 03:52:27 pm »
I would like to know why, when even in the hardest-hit locations around the world infection rates have never even approached 1% of the population, why there are so many so-called "experts" predicting a majority of Americans will get it? A majority of Americans don't even get the flu each year.

It's bad enough that we're taking away people's distractions, throwing wrenches into their everyday lives, and making them anxious. Baseless speculation such as this does nothing but foment panic.

I'll also add: so far, outside Washington, the death rate for this virus is stunningly low here in America compared to the rest of the world. Thousands of cases, not even counting those who haven't been diagnosed yet, and last I checked you could count the number of deaths on your fingers. Whatever we are doing for treatment, it's working.
Thanks for the voice of reason.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1568 on: March 14, 2020, 03:59:49 pm »
I agree.  Sadly recognizing the wide spread hysteria does not inhibit panic selling on wallstreet and panic buying at the grocery store.  My 401K is decimated and my local store is out of TP.  I blame Trump.

Didn't realize Trump was assigned the task of ensuring your local supermarket stocked enough toilet paper for any contingency.  Maybe if we turned toilet paper production over to a government-run monopoly, had government trucks deliver it to every store in America, and then mandate those stores provide storage space to provide 50 times the amount of paper that they provide under normal circumstances, and then set limits (i.e. ration it) on the number of rolls each consumer can purchase in a day, maybe then would you be guaranteed to have toilet paper available to you for purchase 24/7.  Of course with this setup, the price of a roll of toilet paper could be expected to double, triple, or even quadruple.  Milton Freeman used to teach this same scenario in regard to wooden pencils.

As for your 401(k), did you by chance purchase your entire investment in mid-January, and were you really planning on cashing out at the end of this month?  Because if you weren't planning on selling, then it really doesn't matter what the market says.  And if you didn't purchase all your investment when the DOW was in the 29k range, then I suspect the vast majority of your stock portfolio is worth more now than when you paid for it.

But since you seem to want to put this off on Trump, the DOW today is up 17% since Trump took office.  For someone who chooses to put it all on the President, a little praise is in order, don't you think?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1569 on: March 14, 2020, 04:01:19 pm »
Please don’t ridicule people for “overreacting” to the Chinese coronavirus. They’re just trying to protect their families, workers, students, athletes—all of us, really. Instead, think how you can help those in need.

Fair enough, Tom.  How can I help you today?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1570 on: March 14, 2020, 04:04:30 pm »
Mexico Wants to Close Border with US to Stop Coronavirus Spread 'The United States would bring it here,' top official declares

Mexico wants to close off the border to stop Americans spreading coronavirus Mexico is calling for its northern border with the United States to be closed off to stop Americans from spreading coronavirus into their country.

What will the Democrats' reaction be?  Inquiring minds want to know.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1571 on: March 14, 2020, 04:06:19 pm »
What will the Democrats' reaction be?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Too funny....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1572 on: March 14, 2020, 04:13:09 pm »
On average, 7,452 people die every day in the US.

source

That's roughly two per county, on average.

Since the beginning of this coronavirus outbreak, 49 Americans have died.

Less than one per day, on average, and 37 were from Washington State, and 25 of those were tied to a single nursing home in Kirkland, over half of the US total.

Among the people in the United States who have died from coronavirus, almost all have been in their 70s, 80s or 90s. The youngest known fatality was a man in his 40s.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Let me put this in perspective, because that is still less than 1 person per day in the entire country who has died of this since the outbreak began.

By contrast, 102 people per day get killed in auto accidents. (You may be 100X more likely to die driving around looking for toilet paper than of the virus).

As sad as it is, an average of 132 people per day in the US die by their own hand.

Over 45 people per day die from falls in the US.

Sixteen per day are killed crossing the street in pedestrian/vehicle accidents.

Three people per day, on average, die from being too hot or too cold (hypo/hyper thermia, not counting those who die in fires).

While this virus is something new and different, something seemingly more random than falling down or not looking both ways before crossing the street, so far the number of deaths from the coronavirus are statistically insignificant compared to other causes of death in the US.

Maybe it is just me, but I really don't understand the panic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1573 on: March 14, 2020, 04:15:19 pm »

By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle on 14th March 2020 @ 1.00pm

Mexico wants to close off the border to stop Americans spreading coronavirus Mexico is calling for its northern border with the United States to be closed off to stop Americans from spreading coronavirus into their country. Currently, there are over 2,000 cases of COVID-19 infection in the U.S., with over 40 deaths so far, as it continues to spread rapidly. In Mexico, however, only 16 cases have been confirmed and no deaths. Speaking during a press conference Friday, Mexican Health Minister Hugo Lopez-Gatell said: "Mexico wouldn't bring the virus to the United States, rather the United States would bring it here. "The possible flow of coronavirus would come from the north to the south. "If it were technically necessary, we would consider mechanisms of restriction or stronger surveillance," he said.

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/10629-mexico-wants-to-close-border-with-us-to-stop-coronavirus-spread
© Neon Nettle
Just tell them no dice. We'll build a wall, but they have to pay for it....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1574 on: March 14, 2020, 04:16:20 pm »

This Elderly Couple Got Evacuated From The Grand Princess — And Still Can’t Get Tested For The Coronavirus.

Obviously Trump's Fault.  We got 'im now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: