Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1450 on: March 13, 2020, 04:02:24 pm »
Ohio Department Of Health Director Estimates 100,000 People In State Have Coronavirus
written by J.C McCallum March 13, 2020

In a stunning statement, Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton claimed that there may over 100,000 cases of coronavirus in Ohio.

She makes this claim based on modeling and not all experts agree with these exact numbers but all do agree we have many more cases in America than we know about.

Which is standard in a situation like this. The grim reality is over the next two years most people on the globe will be exposed to this virus – hopefully, we will have vaccines and other treatments by that time.

https://newsthud.com/ohio-department-of-health-director-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus/

By-the-way,  it was discussed yesterday about the closing  cancellation of Ohio State U's basketball games or something. My understanding is the whole Big 10 (big 12?) however it is, that the sports board of that conference decided to cancel all basketball games.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:07:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1451 on: March 13, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »
Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals are working on their own quick diagnostic testing (in house).

With American ingenuity and superior health care this will be solved much more quickly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1452 on: March 13, 2020, 04:14:15 pm »
Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals are working on their own quick diagnostic testing (in house).

With American ingenuity and superior health care this will be solved much more quickly.

But wait!  Haven't we been told (repeatedly) that we must have a National Health Care system to fight this?  Like the one they have in Italy??

I'm so confused.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #1453 on: March 13, 2020, 04:17:01 pm »
Am laughing at this new buzzword "Social Distancing"

In my case, I have always considered within 3 feet of my person , personal space.   So unless, I am related to you, there is pretty good chance you haven't gotten within 3 feet of me anyway.

In the past I've seen videos where hyperaggressive cops storm up on people and try to intimidate them by getting ridiculously close and then using that proximity as a pretext to attack people.

If this ever happens to me I'm going to cough at the cops!!!  :police:
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1454 on: March 13, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
UNCONFIRMED:  National Emergency to be declared... that sounds like it would be a big deal.

Venezuela has gotten their first 2 cases...

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #1455 on: March 13, 2020, 04:21:34 pm »
Venezuela has gotten their first 2 cases...

So much for the theory that this thing can't spread in warm weather.

There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1456 on: March 13, 2020, 04:23:13 pm »
Matt Schlapp
@mschlapp
·
38m
President Bolsonaro of Brazil has tested negative. Let’s all try very hard to be slower if it makes info more accurate.

Online corbe

« Reply #1457 on: March 13, 2020, 04:27:43 pm »
   Forgive my skepticism but in this political climate I suspect this 'NEW' National Emergency will have the same effect as the last one he proclaimed on Border Security.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1458 on: March 13, 2020, 04:27:46 pm »
Matt Schlapp
@mschlapp
·
38m
President Bolsonaro of Brazil has tested negative. Let’s all try very hard to be slower if it makes info more accurate.

Negative = Good, Positive = Bad?  I am so confused.

Meanwhile, I am now experiencing a substantial headache, a scratchy throat, and an insatiable craving for toilet paper.  Should I worry?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1459 on: March 13, 2020, 04:28:12 pm »
Matt Schlapp
@mschlapp
·
38m

So, you use a tweet but we are not suppose to use Fox News or indeed, other sources,  if they say so?

Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus, further testing being done
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brazils-president-bolsonaro-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-further-testing-being-done/ar-BB119kHq?li=BBnb7Kz

By the way, it sounds like his son is saying President Bolsonaro tested negative.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brazils-president-bolsonaros-son-claims-father-tested-negative-for-coronavirus-despite-earlier-reports/ar-BB119kHq?li=BBnb7Kz

If Fox or someone else puts out a report saying he tested positive, I don't see why we should second guess it.

By the way, Fox has changed their headline now but that is not uncommon with news services, that his son says different now, just changes this more. Who is telling the truth? Why the early reports that he did?

In fact, Fox may have changed it again:

Brazil's President Bolsonaro's son claims father tested negative for coronavirus despite earlier reports
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brazils-president-bolsonaro-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-further-testing-being-done/ar-BB119kHq?li=BBnb7Kz

DESPITE EARLY REPORTS... I repeat, what are we to believe then??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:47:07 pm by TomSea »

Online corbe

« Reply #1460 on: March 13, 2020, 04:30:34 pm »

Negative = Good, Positive = Bad?  I am so confused.

Meanwhile, I am now experiencing a substantial headache, a scratchy throat, and an insatiable craving for toilet paper.  Should I worry?

President Bolsonaro should have hedged his bets and bought more toilet paper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1461 on: March 13, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
Bloomberg reports:

Trump to Declare National Emergency to Speed Virus Response
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-13/trump-to-declare-national-emergency-to-speed-virus-response

Online corbe

« Reply #1462 on: March 13, 2020, 04:48:05 pm »
The death rate for coronavirus for people under 50 is 0.1%, or 1 out of 1000 infections

Older Americans should take serious precautions against the coronavirus. Everyone else needs to calm down.

by Scarlett Madison  March 13, 2020

Now that more data about the Wuhan Coronavirus is coming out from a reliable source, namely South Korea, irrational fears should subside. Of course, that likely won’t be the case since so many Americans are being irrational about the manufactured terror stimulated by a mainstream media industrial complex that is bent on doing harm to America for the sake of November election considerations.

This is why good news out of South Korea is barely being reported by American mainstream media. The government there is adjusting their strategies now that they understand the severity of the disease has been overblown by the World Health Organization and others. Much of what was originally reported was based on data from China, but now that Italy and South Korea have enough cases for statistical significance, we can start getting a better picture of what we’re dealing with. Thankfully, the picture is looking better than most expected.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2020/03/13/the-death-rate-for-coronavirus-for-people-under-50-is-0-1-or-1-out-of-1000-infections/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1463 on: March 13, 2020, 04:51:35 pm »
F it!

You forced me!

Crisis over!  Let's get everything back to normal now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1464 on: March 13, 2020, 04:56:48 pm »

That is brilliant!  Why didn't I think of that?  Hunting for poster board and markers now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1465 on: March 13, 2020, 05:02:21 pm »
I would think there would be NO Democratic debate on March 15, Sunday OR, they can have the debate behind closed doors. That doesn't sound too interesting.  Surely we won't have 2 hours of the two. 90 minutes sounds good enough but, the longer, the more chance, someone says something dumb.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1466 on: March 13, 2020, 05:11:44 pm »
Autonomous Robots Are Helping Kill Coronavirus in Hospitals

The absolute best way of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic is to just not get coronavirus in the first place. By now, you’ve (hopefully) had all of the strategies for doing this drilled into your skull—wash your hands, keep away from large groups of people, wash your hands, stay home when sick, wash your hands, avoid travel when possible, and please, please wash your hands.

At the top of the list of the places to avoid right now are hospitals, because that’s where all the really sick people go. But for healthcare workers, and the sick people themselves, there’s really no other option. To prevent the spread of coronavirus (and everything else) through hospitals, keeping surfaces disinfected is incredibly important, but it’s also dirty, dull, and (considering what you can get infected with) dangerous. And that’s why it’s an ideal task for autonomous robots.
UVD Robot using ultraviolet-C (UVC) light to disinfect an intensive care unit at a hospital

The robots can travel through hallways, up and down elevators if necessary, and perform the disinfection without human intervention before returning to recharge.

UVD Robots is a Danish company making robots that are able to disinfect patient rooms and operating theaters in hospitals. They’re able to disinfect pretty much anything you point them at—each robot is a mobile array of powerful short wavelength ultraviolet-C (UVC) lights that emit enough energy to literally shred the DNA or RNA of any microorganisms that have the misfortune of being exposed to them.

The company’s robots have been operating in China for the past two or three weeks, and UVD Robots CEO Per Juul Nielsen says they are sending more to China as fast as they can. “The initial volume is in the hundreds of robots; the first ones went to Wuhan where the situation is the most severe,” Nielsen told IEEE Spectrum. “We’re shipping every week—they’re going air freight into China because they’re so desperately needed.” The goal is to supply the robots to over 2,000 hospitals and medical facilities in China.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/medical-robots/autonomous-robots-are-helping-kill-coronavirus-in-hospitals
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #1467 on: March 13, 2020, 05:13:55 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1468 on: March 13, 2020, 05:15:57 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1469 on: March 13, 2020, 05:16:32 pm »
Uh oh.  Wife now has a low-grade fever.  Heading to Wal-mart now to find out when the toilet paper truck is expected to arrive.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1470 on: March 13, 2020, 05:18:26 pm »
The Democommies are going to milk this outbreak for everything they can, right up to November 4th.

All I know is business as usual with China better end.  End any favored nation trade status, end all Pharma production there, and anything that has to do with DOD.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1471 on: March 13, 2020, 05:20:25 pm »
The Democommies are going to milk this outbreak for everything they can, right up to November 4th.

All I know is business as usual with China better end.  End any favored nation trade status, end all Pharma production there, and anything that has to do with DOD.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1472 on: March 13, 2020, 05:24:26 pm »

Agree, it would probably take some time to do this...

And unfortunately too, these articles mention that China also has quite a few interest in precious metals, resources, minerals, around the world.

So, this should be a wake up call.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1473 on: March 13, 2020, 05:25:57 pm »
Autonomous Robots Are Helping Kill Coronavirus in Hospitals

The absolute best way of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic is to just not get coronavirus in the first place. By now, you’ve (hopefully) had all of the strategies for doing this drilled into your skull—wash your hands, keep away from large groups of people, wash your hands, stay home when sick, wash your hands, avoid travel when possible, and please, please wash your hands.

At the top of the list of the places to avoid right now are hospitals, because that’s where all the really sick people go. But for healthcare workers, and the sick people themselves, there’s really no other option. To prevent the spread of coronavirus (and everything else) through hospitals, keeping surfaces disinfected is incredibly important, but it’s also dirty, dull, and (considering what you can get infected with) dangerous. And that’s why it’s an ideal task for autonomous robots.
UVD Robot using ultraviolet-C (UVC) light to disinfect an intensive care unit at a hospital

The robots can travel through hallways, up and down elevators if necessary, and perform the disinfection without human intervention before returning to recharge.

UVD Robots is a Danish company making robots that are able to disinfect patient rooms and operating theaters in hospitals. They’re able to disinfect pretty much anything you point them at—each robot is a mobile array of powerful short wavelength ultraviolet-C (UVC) lights that emit enough energy to literally shred the DNA or RNA of any microorganisms that have the misfortune of being exposed to them.

The company’s robots have been operating in China for the past two or three weeks, and UVD Robots CEO Per Juul Nielsen says they are sending more to China as fast as they can. “The initial volume is in the hundreds of robots; the first ones went to Wuhan where the situation is the most severe,” Nielsen told IEEE Spectrum. “We’re shipping every week—they’re going air freight into China because they’re so desperately needed.” The goal is to supply the robots to over 2,000 hospitals and medical facilities in China.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/medical-robots/autonomous-robots-are-helping-kill-coronavirus-in-hospitals

The absolute best way of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic is to just not get coronavirus in the first place

That seems to be the case for sure to begin with.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.