Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1200 on: March 11, 2020, 11:01:30 pm »
Besides the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo closing (which is HUGE and SERIES)

Damn straight.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1201 on: March 11, 2020, 11:08:11 pm »
My sister is a clarinet instructor at a local college. Yep, classes cancelled - online only. She wonders how she's supposed to sand her students' reeds via Skype.
Use her best raspy voice?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:20 pm »
It appears that this virus is highly contagious. So I don't have a problem with events being cancelled to try to contain it. I think it a wise move until more can be determined.
But for how long? Can we go without public gatherings for months, as some are suggesting? Humans are social creatures. You can't isolate them for long periods of time without serious psychological consequences.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2020, 11:26:07 pm »
My sister is a clarinet instructor at a local college. Yep, classes cancelled - online only. She wonders how she's supposed to sand her students' reeds via Skype.

One word:  Amazon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2020, 11:40:28 pm »
But for how long? Can we go without public gatherings for months, as some are suggesting? Humans are social creatures. You can't isolate them for long periods of time without serious psychological consequences.
The virus will get around. Simple fact. What makes it lethal is having a large number of critical cases all at once and overloading the available facilities to provide care to the patients. Slowing the spread (the best we can realistically hope for) will stretch that curve into a more manageable number of cases at any given time, improving survivability for those who are seriously affected.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2020, 11:41:53 pm »

EXACTLY!

I was a college music prof for 17 years, and not even half of my classes could be taught online.  The class I was teaching last at OSU would just have to be canceled without meeting in a classroom.

You can't teach classroom music or class piano without a class!   9999hair out0000
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1206 on: March 11, 2020, 11:42:52 pm »
She's furious, @musiclady .
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1207 on: March 11, 2020, 11:45:30 pm »
EXACTLY!

I was a college music prof for 17 years, and not even half of my classes could be taught online.  The class I was teaching last at OSU would just have to be canceled without meeting in a classroom.

You can't teach classroom music or class piano without a class!   9999hair out0000

I'll be darned if I can figure out how you can Skype an entire orchestra, which I assume one who teaches Clarinet would need to do at some point.  There is simply no way to phone in Instrumental Music class.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1208 on: March 11, 2020, 11:46:22 pm »
She's furious, @musiclady .

And understandably so.  Her semester is for all practical purposes over, and her students will be able to learn nothing until classes are resumed.

It's the stupidest thing ever.

My husband was at the University of Cincinnati when classes were canceled because of the (leftist) rioting after Kent State, which made him furious.

But at least then, the thugs were burning the buildings down.

Nobody is even sick and they're robbing students of their education.

Preposterous.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1209 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:18 pm »
And understandably so.  Her semester is for all practical purposes over, and her students will be able to learn nothing until classes are resumed.

My husband was at the University of Cincinnati when classes were canceled because of the (leftist) rioting after Kent State, which made him furious.

Preposterous.

One could be forgiven for noting pain is being distributed as widely as possible.  Now why on Earth would anybody want to do that?   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1210 on: March 12, 2020, 12:21:33 am »
Most of us have already been exposed and are showing either no symptoms, or limited symptoms.
Medical services are being overwhelmed mostly by psychosomatic 'patients'.
These are people who are scared to death by the media and rush to hospital with a runny nose.
I would say this is a hit on Donald Trump, except that by November this will all be a memory.
There have been dozens of viruses which have come and gone, this one will achieve the same fate as all the others.
But I am wearing my toilet paper sportcoat whenever I go out, just to be safe.

Coronavirus will not affect you, if you have toilet paper.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:22:31 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1211 on: March 12, 2020, 12:43:10 am »
The sentence in the article that I highlighted is something to consider and an eye opener.  I live in FL and this is tourist season.  Our hospitals are already over maximum capacity. We already have patients who come in through emergency who need beds and there not any available -- many are being sent home after waiting for hours in the E.R. and those that they decide to admit  are left on beds in hallway until a bed in room becomes available.  The medical staff is stretched and already exhausted. Even a handful of corona patients that need to be isolated will be a tremendous burden on our local hospitals.  We already had a patient die and another critical -- staff is being quarantined .... so that already puts additional stress on medical staff that's not affected as they have to pick up the slack for those being quarantined!  So ... they may have to begin to make judgement calls -- do they treat the elderly who have a higher mortality rate and waste resources and risk infecting medical staff -- or are they going to care for the woman who just came in to deliver a baby or save someone in their 20's or 30's that has non-corona pneumonia who will more than likely recover?

'It's not like flu': Doctor's warning to those underestimating coronavirus

It’s a dismissive comment uttered, sometimes without much thought, among circles of friends or on social media.

But as the coronavirus reaches a critical point outside of China, simply passing off coronavirus as a ‘flu-like’ outbreak is a naive move, doctors and virologists have warned.

In Italy in particular, where the country’s health system has been stretched to its limit with an outbreak of more than 10,000 cases, the impact of the virus is not to be underestimated. In a now-viral tweet, one woman in northern Italy warned the country had made a “big mistake” in the lead-up to the outbreak in the European epicentre which has sent its death toll soaring beyond 600.

He noted how “advanced” medical teams in countries where the outbreak has soared have been forced to make the decision on whether patients live or die due to a lack of beds or staff to cope with “the sheer overwhelming number of sick people.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/its-not-just-another-flu-doctors-warning-to-those-underestimating-coronavirus-220203586.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1212 on: March 12, 2020, 01:02:06 am »
So what if?
What if I do not care, about my life.
And I crash all of the barriers?

If you are going to rob a bank, today is the day.
I you are going to buy 2021 Calls on margin, do it now.

A few months from now, everyone will laugh.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:03:27 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1213 on: March 12, 2020, 01:45:54 am »
Tom Hanks Says He Has Coronavirus
The actor said he and his wife, Rita Wilson, had tested positive while in Australia, where he is set to begin production on a film

By Nicole Sperling

March 11, 2020
    Updated 9:31 p.m. ET

Tom Hanks said on Wednesday that he and his wife, Rita Wilson, learned they had the coronavirus. The 63-year-old Academy Award-winning actor is in Australia, where he was set to film a movie about the life of Elvis Presley.

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia,” Mr. Hanks said in a statement. “We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers, too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the coronavirus, and were found to be positive.”

He added that he and Ms. Wilson “will be tested, observed and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires.”

See more at:  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/media/tom-hanks-coronavirus.html

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1214 on: March 12, 2020, 01:55:49 am »

Larry Elder twitter.

Wow, NBA suspending season??

Amarnath Amarasingam
@AmarAmarasingam

Online corbe

« Reply #1215 on: March 12, 2020, 01:58:24 am »
   Unfortunately, yall are gonna be seeing a lot more of me if they cancel NBA.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1216 on: March 12, 2020, 02:09:32 am »
San Gabriel Valley Gun Sales Soar Among Asian Americans Who Fear Coronavirus-Related Attacks
March 10, 2020 at 10:41 pm

ARCADIA (CBSLA) – Gun sales are skyrocketing across the San Gabriel Valley as Asian Americans in the area fear they may be targeted because of their ethnicity amid rising fears about the spread of the coronavirus.

David Liu, the owner of Arcadia Firearm & Safety, said his store has been very busy in recent weeks. Liu said he’s seen as many as 10 times more customers than usual come through the doors of his business.

“Because of coronavirus, a lot of people start to worry,” he said.

Read more at: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/10/san-gabriel-valley-gun-sales-soar-among-asian-americans-who-fear-coronavirus-related-attacks/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1217 on: March 12, 2020, 02:11:14 am »
   Unfortunately, yall are gonna be seeing a lot more of me if they cancel NBA.

Well ... they've suspended the season.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1218 on: March 12, 2020, 02:14:02 am »

See Drudge is reporting that Tom Hanks and his wife caught COVID-19 in Australia.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1219 on: March 12, 2020, 02:18:59 am »
I'll be darned if I can figure out how you can Skype an entire orchestra, which I assume one who teaches Clarinet would need to do at some point.  There is simply no way to phone in Instrumental Music class.
A little bandwidth lag would make a mess of things...

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1220 on: March 12, 2020, 02:21:32 am »

Somebody on the Jazz got sick

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1221 on: March 12, 2020, 02:21:59 am »
A little bandwidth lag would make a mess of things...

Already seeing more buffering and lagging since this sh__ started. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1222 on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:52 am »

Preposterous.
If the schools had to refund the tuition, I bet they'd be holding classes.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1223 on: March 12, 2020, 02:28:15 am »
St. Patrick’s Day Parade Postponed for First Time in Event’s 258-Year History (NYC)

St. Patrick's Day in New York City has gone from Erin Go Bragh to Erin no-go.

For the first time since it was initially organized before the Revolutionary War, the St. Patrick's Day Parade in the city has been postponed amid fears of COVID-19 spreading, city officials said.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo recommended to the parade organizers that the event not be held, and they accepted it, according to the governor's office.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/st-patricks-day-parade-postponed-for-first-time-in-events-258-year-history/2322370/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1224 on: March 12, 2020, 02:33:27 am »
If the schools had to refund the tuition, I bet they'd be holding classes.

That's fer darn sure.