Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79198 times)

Online DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3175 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:57 am »
That was Dr Birx point - the worst 99.98% of infected in reasonably good health under 60 only have to worry about is a 'nasty infection', not death or even a night in the ICU, which is what I suspect a large percentage of the population think right now.

Did you read the article I linked above?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3176 on: March 24, 2020, 01:46:09 am »
Democrats in the House have now crafted a new 1,400 page bill (man that was done fast...almost like they already had it ready) that they passed without debate today.  Here are just a few things Democrats are holding up the Coronavirus Relief Bill for:

-Corporate Board Diversity
-College Debt "relief"
-Election Auditing
-Canceling the debt of the Postal Service
-Same-day voter registration
-Requiring airlines to offset their emissions
I just wrote my Senators and told them to vote no on this pork.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3177 on: March 24, 2020, 01:48:29 am »

Thank you!  I did the same and added keep voting no for as long as it takes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #3178 on: March 24, 2020, 01:52:18 am »

Millions of Americans have been adversely affected by this virus and these s.o.b's want to play "Let's Make a Deal"!  Same day voter registration?  Gee ... hmmm I wonder if this is nothing more than a last ditch effort to oust Trump???  If we can't get him on collusion, impeachment, hell, let's ruin the economy by creating some kind of disaster ... and Uncle Joe's Chinese partners were more than happy to accommodate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #3179 on: March 24, 2020, 01:55:34 am »
That was Dr Birx point - the worst 99.98% of infected in reasonably good health under 60 only have to worry about is a 'nasty infection', not death or even a night in the ICU, which is what I suspect a large percentage of the population think right now.

From the article I posted about 30% of the total confirmed cases are between the ages of 20 and 44 and 20% of those are also hospitalized. That's about 6% of the total confirmed cases that are in that age range and are hospitalized. They don't give you a hospital bed unless they consider it serious.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3180 on: March 24, 2020, 01:55:50 am »
Using the guise of a "pandemic" to do what we see going on now is the proverbial camel's nose under the tent flap for what Liberals can and will do in the future in order to "save just one life".

Unless this happens to be the life.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3181 on: March 24, 2020, 01:56:23 am »
Unless this happens to be the life.

Yup...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3182 on: March 24, 2020, 02:13:57 am »
Just a thought, don't mean nuthin', but...

... isn't it about time to close off this thread, and open up a fresh one?

@Cyber Liberty   : @Fishrrman

I agree, the thread is sprawling too much, I think it would be best for the forum to start up another thread.  100 pages should be enough.

Lock the thread, and use some story, maybe even one of the threads on the first page of the health forum to start one up... because this will be with us for at least,  some months.

Lock it and return it to the regular forum area, first post on this one was I think Jan. 16th, now, we are at March 23rd, it will soon be April.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:14:54 am by TomSea »

Online DB

« Reply #3183 on: March 24, 2020, 02:19:29 am »
Just so everyone is aware, it is fairly likely this virus will happen in more than one wave. Especially if the first wave was slowed by quarantine.

The Spanish Flu occurred in 3 waves. The second wave being the deadliest I believe.

Online corbe

« Reply #3184 on: March 24, 2020, 02:21:50 am »
   BOHICA

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3185 on: March 24, 2020, 02:33:57 am »
She would have died anyways eventually...
Said no decent American.
At some point, whatever the reason,, if you can't breathe, you get help.

Wait on a test result? Nope.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3186 on: March 24, 2020, 02:34:25 am »
Just so everyone is aware, it is fairly likely this virus will happen in more than one wave. Especially if the first wave was slowed by quarantine.

The Spanish Flu occurred in 3 waves. The second wave being the deadliest I believe.
It may, or it may not. If there is a second wave next winter, our experiences with it will allow for smarter, less disruptive response.

SARS reappeared a year and a half after it was squashed. The second effort got rid of it for good.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

« Reply #3187 on: March 24, 2020, 02:41:14 am »
It may, or it may not. If there is a second wave next winter, our experiences with it will allow for smarter, less disruptive response.

SARS reappeared a year and a half after it was squashed. The second effort got rid of it for good.

The problem is if it is effectively blocked from spreading by quarantine many people still have no immunity to it. Then when they let their guard down a few months later it comes around in full swing again because it was never fully eradicated the first time and a large number of people are still susceptible. About the time it is quiet here it could be expanding south of the border for example.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:42:10 am by DB »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3188 on: March 24, 2020, 07:02:16 am »
No amount of self isolation will result in the eradication of this virus.  We could stay home three months and begin resuming normal life, and the virus will come back.  It could mutate, but there is no guarantee of that, and I do not believe hoping for that is a strategy.

We need to resume life now, or there will be far more dead from despair than this virus will kill.  The malaria medication looks promising.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3189 on: March 24, 2020, 07:56:05 am »
Are you insane?

Or just hysterical?

[That's enough.   - Mod2]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:54:06 pm by Mod2 »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3190 on: March 24, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »
NY update: cases up to 25,665. Under 5,000 new cases—in raw numbers slightly below yesterday's new caseload and that of the day before. This, coming roughly two weeks after distancing measures started, is a sign they are working. Projecting peak in total cases in early April.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3191 on: March 24, 2020, 03:35:14 pm »

That is why the medical experts continue to press for social isolation.

No, it will not get rid of the virus....... no one is saying that.  But the medical community will have experience in treating this, and we will be that much closer to a vaccine.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3192 on: March 24, 2020, 03:56:57 pm »
Another Governor predicted  a high percentage of people of his state will get it again but he said most will be alright.  Well, we will see. It's not the most comforting thing to hear.

Online DB

« Reply #3193 on: March 24, 2020, 04:56:38 pm »
I've heard that no one should be getting flu shot right now. That getting the flu shot depresses the immune system and if you get exposed to the Wuhan virus while it is depressed you're more likely to get seriously sick.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3194 on: March 24, 2020, 05:07:17 pm »
I've heard that no one should be getting flu shot right now. That getting the flu shot depresses the immune system and if you get exposed to the Wuhan virus while it is depressed you're more likely to get seriously sick.
Nobody really gets the flu shot in the springtime anyway.

« Reply #3195 on: March 24, 2020, 05:22:13 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUz7GXgVmTg

BREAKING: President Donald Trump Town Hall | FOX News

FOX 10 Phoenix

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3196 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:47 pm »
Nobody really gets the flu shot in the springtime anyway.

Right.  Most are given in the fall.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3197 on: March 24, 2020, 05:30:40 pm »
I did seek out a flu shot one spring but ultimately, did not get it,  I believe I decided that I was suffering from allergies.

In other news, Harvard president tests positive for Covid-19.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/24/metro/harvard-president-tests-positive-coronavirus/?s_campaign=breakingnews:newsletter
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:36:33 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #3198 on: March 24, 2020, 05:35:16 pm »
Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom

Trump has now set Easter as the date for having the country "opened up and raring to go."

Fox anchor says "That would be a great American resurrection!"

« Reply #3199 on: March 24, 2020, 05:46:01 pm »
I miss Dr Fauci

300,000 tests over the last week is great.  They should keep focused, because it is far cry from the millions promised 2 weeks ago.  Be Best