Author Topic: Rand Paul puts fellow Republicans on notice; stand with Trump on impeachment or ‘you will lose your  (Read 197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul puts fellow Republicans on notice; stand with Trump on impeachment or ‘you will lose your election’
January 16, 2020 | Frieda Powers

Sen. Rand Paul warned his Republican colleagues to stand strong behind President Trump in the upcoming impeachment trial or risk political suicide as voters will be “very, very unhappy with them.”

The Kentucky lawmaker believes there will be a “political price to pay” for Republicans who vote to allow Democrats to call the witnesses of their choice in the process, telling The Gateway Pundit in an interview that he also would like for the impeachment trial to be over with quickly.

“What I keep trying to convince my colleagues, particularly the ones that might vote to allow the witnesses that the Democrats want to call, is that if they do that and they don’t vote to allow the president to bring his witnesses in, I think the Republican base and Trump supporters are going to be very, very unhappy with them,” Paul said.

“I think it will have electoral consequences — which is sort of my way of saying that maybe they should reconsider having any witnesses at all,” he added. “My hope is some will reconsider and we will just be done with one vote.”

But he reiterated the consequences for GOP lawmakers who do not back the president in the process.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/16/rand-paul-puts-fellow-republicans-on-notice-stand-with-trump-on-impeachment-or-you-will-lose-your-election-876201
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Paul may be off-the-wall about some things, but he's dead-on right about this.

Offline skeeter

Well that doesn’t bode well for the rat dead enders, including those few on this site, does it.