Author Topic: Fact Check: No CNN, Trump Does Not Want to Cancel Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

Fact Check: No CNN, Trump Does Not Want to Cancel Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions

Evan Vucci / Associated Press
Joel B. Pollak14 Jan 2020

CLAIM: President Donald Trump wants to cancel health insurance coverage for people with pre-existing conditions.

VERDICT: False. Trump supports repealing Obamacare but has always backed coverage for pre-existing conditions.

CNN moderator Abby Phillip stated several false or contested claims as facts at the Democrat debate on Tuesday night. One was the claim that President Trump wants to end health insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions, simply because the president also supports a court challenge to Obamacare. In fact, while repealing the individual mandate of Obamacare, and backing a full “repeal and replace,” Trump has always insisted on covering people with pre-existing health conditions.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/14/fact-check-no-cnn-trump-does-not-want-to-cancel-coverage-for-pre-existing-conditions/

Online mountaineer

I just saw a Bloomberg ad on TV where he alleges exactly this. If Trump's reelected, all coverage for pre-existing conditions will disappear!!!!  ***hair on fire
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

I just saw a Bloomberg ad on TV where he alleges exactly this. If Trump's reelected, all coverage for pre-existing conditions will disappear!!!!  ***hair on fire

I guess this will be the theme for all Democrat candidates.  The orange guy in the White House now wants to take away your health care.  It's a variation of the old refrain that Republicans are going to pish Grandma in her wheelchair off a cliff.  Only Democrats care about the old, the sick, the poor and the downtrodden.  Republicans want all of them to die.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

Remember when Republicans wanted grandma to have nothing to eat but cat food?
Those were the days!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Remember when Republicans wanted grandma to have nothing to eat but cat food?
Those were the days!

That was before we pushed her over the cliff in her wheel chair.  IIRC
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.