Author Topic: Colorado police arrest suspect after 8 injured in apparent ‘random’ stabbing  (Read 904 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Colorado police arrest suspect after 8 injured in apparent ‘random’ stabbing
 By Staff The Associated Press
 January 13, 2020

Eight people were injured by a male suspect in an apparent random stabbing rampage near downtown Colorado Springs, police said Monday.

The suspect was restrained by some of his victims and arrested before dawn by officers, police said in a statement.

Some of the victims were attacked on streets and some were found injured in the city’s America the Beautiful Park over the course of about a half hour, police said. After responding to the stabbing of two people at around 1:30 a.m., officers found several more victims on walking trails through the park as they searched for the suspect.

Read more at: https://globalnews.ca/news/6406943/random-stabbings-colorado-springs/

It says nothing about the suspect except that he's a male.

1:30 AM Monday morning?  That's curious. I have some ideas but we will see. I'm sorry to say, to me, this sounds like possible transients.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Another reason why gun owners should carry all the time everywhere they go.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

Not that packin a knife or two or three is a bad thing... I choose both 
Options. It's all about options. :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I'm like you I carry both.  Especially in a large city like Colorado Springs...it's attracted more than it's fair share of unsavory types since the state legalized weed...you need to go out prepared for just about anything. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

I'm like you I carry both.  Especially in a large city like Colorado Springs...it's attracted more than it's fair share of unsavory types since the state legalized weed...you need to go out prepared for just about anything.

Just redneck in me.... My belt has a Bowie (10 or 12") on it nearly all the time... And I have an Arkansas Toothpick  that carries down the back of my neck - Don't use that one much anymore... And a boot knife is stitched into my muks, just a little smaller than the Bowie (8"), but easier to get to with my coats on .. And my main companion knife, The one I use the most, a Schrade bushcraft knife (about a 5" blade)... That's usually on my belt too, and have an identical one rigged as a neck knife for winter too...

The knives are generally more important to me than the pistol is - They carry on my right flank... The pistol is center left in a rocker holster so I can squat down, and is set up to cross-draw, though I can get it out left handed too.

If I ain't got my rig on, I still have a big folder in my back right, a leatherman, and a penknife in my front right that is wicked sharp (slivergitter)...

Knives in this day and age are underrated.  :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Knives in this day and age are underrated.  :laugh:

So is the ability to skillfully use them.

Offline roamer_1

I heard that.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

There are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.

But then carving an SOB up has it rewards too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.

But then carving an SOB up has it rewards too.

It's much more personal and hands on with a knife.

Offline thackney

Rule #9
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lot's of old guys out here in the suburban wilds of SoCal walk around with a golf club as a cane/walking stick which is also great for teeing up on a miscreant.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline thackney

Just in case there is a cheesecake?

There are a 1,000 uses at least.

I am lost if I don't have a knife on my hip.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

Just in case there is a cheesecake?

I can carve a cheesecake with a pig-sticker as good as anybody.
You've got to do what you're good at.

Online mountaineer

Witness says Colorado Springs stabbing suspect asked about God
By The Associated Press |
PUBLISHED: January 14, 2020 at 3:17 pm | UPDATED: January 14, 2020 at 3:18 pm

COLORADO SPRINGS — Two of the people who were approached by a suspect accused of stabbing eight people during an apparent random rampage in Colorado Springs said the man asked them about their faith before attacking.

Police have not released any details about the suspect because investigators said they are still interviewing people involved.

Terri Poore, 48, who is homeless, told The Gazette that she was cooking ravioli with a candle under a bridge near America the Beautiful Park early Monday morning when a man with a blanket draped over his shoulders approached her and asked whether she loved God.

“I didn’t know if to say ‘Yes,’ and he was going to hurt me. Or ‘No,’ and he was going to hurt me,” she said. “I’ve never been so traumatized in my life.” ...
More

But no description, no mugshot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

I can carve a cheesecake with a pig-sticker as good as anybody.
You've got to do what you're good at.

Or stab a guy in the throat. 

Offline roamer_1

Or stab a guy in the throat.

With a cheesecake? What's the matter with you?

Online Wingnut

With a cheesecake? What's the matter with you?

Huh?   

Offline PeteS in CA

More

But no description, no mugshot.

Or name of the stabber.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Unless Duck Duck Go's duck is still asleep, no news on the identity, motive, etc. of the stabber. Even I'm 1/3 wondering what gore-able ox he might represent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online mountaineer

Identified. Whackjob.
Suspect from alleged stabbing spree identified; told victims he was Jesus

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Arrest papers show 39-year-old Rene Miller went on a 40-minute stabbing ramage around trails near America the Beautiful Park and downtown Colorado Springs. Victims say he was licking his finger and rubbing the spit on their foreheads in the shape of a cross.

According to court documents, Miller was wearing a white blanket while walking around stabbing people. Victims say he would ask if they were Christian and that they only needed to answer "yes" or "no."

One of the victims said she told him she was not Christian and he replied: "I have to kill her." He allegedly ended up slicing her in the jaw right under her cheek. ...

More at KKTV
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Online Wingnut

If I see a guy wearing a white sheet licking his finger and rubbing the spit on peoples foreheads in the sign of a cross at 1:30 in the morning... I'm gonna figure this guy isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

But hey call me crazy.