Poll

Why the vote to transmit?

She wants it to lose, to prevent Senate action.
3 (14.3%)
She wants it to win, to justify sitting on them for over a month.
2 (9.5%)
I don't care, where's Corbe's weed?
12 (57.1%)
The Rats are screwing Bernie, again.
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 17, 2020, 05:25:28 pm

Author Topic: Why is Pelosi having a vote on transmitting Impeachment Articles?  (Read 6597 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why is Pelosi having a vote on transmitting Impeachment Articles?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 07:10:51 pm »
Well, that conjures up a nasty image... :terror: :3: ****slapping

Indeed it does.  A mental picture that's been seared, seared! in my mind since I found out that Washerwoman-Shultz did it for Hillarious in '16.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 09:03:14 pm »
I find myself in the majority. It was the most accurate choice.

I think Miss Nancy realized that holding on made the Dems' doom worse.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 10:12:13 pm »
She is washing her hands of it... in a Caesar-like fashion.

A very, very good possibility @roamer_1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:32 pm »
Why are republicans legitimizing this COUP on president TRUMP?   IT IS A HOAX.  MCCONNELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 11:01:19 pm »
   McConnell is a sleaze bag, always has been.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 11:09:55 pm »
None of this stuff matters. at al.
The Senate will proceed with the trial regardless of what Pelosi says or does.
She is done at this point. She has presented articles of impeachment.
Ok.
So now, Go away.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 11:20:53 pm »
Why are republicans legitimizing this COUP on president TRUMP?   IT IS A HOAX.  MCCONNELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? 

Uh....because it's required in the Constitution?  Just thinking out loud here.....

*****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 11:23:07 pm »

Lighten up Francis. Mkay.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 11:24:52 pm »

Ok, got it... the system is broken...
The question is, how do we fix it?
How do we make our elected representatives more accountable?
How do we force the courts to do their job correctly?
How do we get legislation in place to give agency heads the authority to fire these career employees that are behind the coup?
We don't even respect each other so how are we going to get our elected representatives to respect the constitution or those of us they disagree with?

We have tons of folks getting rich off of telling us the system is broken but no one but Trump is trying to fix it.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:24 pm »
High-quality legal weed is available in a lot of states.  I live within 30 minutes of two of them.
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for that information - now I know why you never make any sense.   :yowsa:

About this upcoming vote to send the package to senate:
The house passed rules at the beginning of this determining the procedure they would use.  That could account for this upcoming vote as this vote is also to elect the "managers" who will present the evidence.  The managers are likely already selected but a vote accepting them will make a permanent record.

I have a problem with John Bolton - If he has direct evidence of what happened, if he was there, then speak it and why not have already said what he knows?  This dancing around of his means I am not buying his book.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:49 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for that information - now I know why you never make any sense.   :yowsa:

About this upcoming vote to send the package to senate:
The house passed rules at the beginning of this determining the procedure they would use.  That could account for this upcoming vote as this vote is also to elect the "managers" who will present the evidence.  The managers are likely already selected but a vote accepting them will make a permanent record.

I have a problem with John Bolton - If he has direct evidence of what happened, if he was there, then speak it and why not have already said what he knows?  This dancing around of his means I am not buying his book.

San Fran Nan has indicated she wants to add stuff to it that did not clear a Committee, so there may be some court issues with whatever passes tomorrow.  She resides in a State that has that legal weed that explains much.   :yowsa:
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2020, 02:03:58 am »
I added the "Screwing Bernie again" option.
Unthinkable. :3: Especially the "again" part.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 03:31:32 am »
Unthinkable. :3: Especially the "again" part.
Proverbs, 26:11 As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2020, 10:51:34 pm »
I voted for @corbe:beer:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline corbe

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2020, 11:03:01 pm »
   Thank you @Gefn and for all the others that voted 'Where's corbe's weed?' 
   I keep it within arms length right next to monitor.
   Incidentally, I do not support mesican cartels I only buy $hit from Colorado.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2020, 11:10:23 pm »
Incidentally, I do not support mesican cartels I only buy $hit from Colorado.

If I recall correctly, the good stuff around here was Hawaiian.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2020, 11:21:26 pm »
I thought the good stuff was at Grateful Dead concerts

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:10 am »
I thought the good stuff was at Grateful Dead concerts

No, that's acid.  Man.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2020, 11:51:32 am »
No, that's acid.  Man.

The only acid I know about is acid reflux.

Offline AL

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2020, 12:23:57 pm »
She wanted a press extravaganza.  Handing out ceremonial pens.  She wants to be president and she's gonna take out the two rungs above her one way or another.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2020, 12:59:29 pm »
She wanted a press extravaganza.  Handing out ceremonial pens.  She wants to be president and she's gonna take out the two rungs above her one way or another.

Without a doubt that is her goal and objective. Ceremonial pens though? The pens have her name on them!  I think she's lost her marbles.  How is she going to look once President Trump is acquitted?  Has she even considered that possibility?  Gee maybe this is why she held up sending that articles of impeachment over to the Senate -- she was waiting for her order of pens to arrive.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2020, 01:06:38 pm »
I was getting my car serviced and FOX news was on -- I couldn't believe that Nancy was quoting various different people as well --she has made this impeachment process about an extravaganza about herself -- she thinks this makes her famous.  :rolling:

As I've said, it's always been our founders, when they started, “When in the course of human events it becomes necessary” -- when.

Abraham Lincoln – “Four score and seven years ago.”

Thomas Paine, 'These are the times that try men's souls.'

Again and again, even our poets, Longfellow -- "Listen, my children and you will hear/Ofthe midnight ride of Paul Revere/On the 18th of April 1775/ Hardly a man is now alive/That remembers that famous day and year."

It's always about marking history, using time. On December 18th, the House of Representatives impeached the president of the United States. An impeachment that will last forever.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/pelosi-quotes-famous-men-advancing-impeachment-listen-my-children
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 02:05:51 pm »
No, that's acid.  Man.

Nancy,
To get back to the warning that I've received, you might take it with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2020, 05:38:44 pm »
Nancy,
To get back to the warning that I've received, you might take it with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that.

Back in the day in DC, when a particularly high potency batch of heroin would hit town, DC General would begin filling up with overdose cases.  The local news channels would make a public service announcement about the ODs, naming the product (e.g Black Madness) and the area where it was purchased (e.g 7th and P Streets).  Within 15 minutes, every junkie in DC would be at that corner trying to score some of that Black Madness smack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2020, 06:00:46 pm »
Back in the day in DC, when a particularly high potency batch of heroin would hit town, DC General would begin filling up with overdose cases.  The local news channels would make a public service announcement about the ODs, naming the product (e.g Black Madness) and the area where it was purchased (e.g 7th and P Streets).  Within 15 minutes, every junkie in DC would be at that corner trying to score some of that Black Madness smack.

Why do you think they call those things "Public Service Announcements"?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien