Author Topic: Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involved  (Read 161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involved
by Paul Bedard
 | January 13, 2020 09:18 AM

Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involvedThe exploding battle over gun control in Virginia could help President Trump return the state to the GOP in the November elections, according to a leader of the effort to swat back limits on weapons.

“Gun owners are wide awake. Donald Trump is going to be the big beneficiary of this,” said Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

“He should be tweeting more stuff on it, taking advantage of it, activating his base,” he added.

In reaction to plans by the state’s new Democratic legislative majority to pass sweeping gun control measures, some 100,000 gun owners and supporters have flooded into county and city meetings in the past two months to call for “gun sanctuaries” to ignore any new state laws.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trump-could-be-big-beneficiary-virginia-gun-control-battle-urged-to-get-involved
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Always thought of Virginia as being conservative, but it is lost to the Democommies.  I do not see much hope for that state for sanity any time soon.

Two close friends, I always thought they were conservative, and here they could not be more liberal politically.  I was shocked.

Virginia s no longer for lovers, it is for losers. 

Offline EdinVA

Always thought of Virginia as being conservative, but it is lost to the Democommies.  I do not see much hope for that state for sanity any time soon.

Two close friends, I always thought they were conservative, and here they could not be more liberal politically.  I was shocked.

Virginia s no longer for lovers, it is for losers.

@jafo2010

Moved to Virginia in 1960 and have watched the evolution...
Most of the kids I went to school with were liberal, anti-anything, and now they are in charge and they have brainwashed their kids to be just like them.
Northern Virginia and the Virginia Beach/Norfolk areas have a higher population than the rest of the state and those two areas dictate the states direction and priorities.

And we seldom have more the 50% voter turnout
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:45:56 pm by EdinVA »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I lived in Chesterfield County, which I think was Republican when I was there in the 80s, but I would not be surprised if they are Dems now.

Both my friends live in Enrico County, living the fat life, and could not be more liberal and suffering from extreme TDS.  Every time I talk to them, they want to have me put into a gulag for re-education.