Author Topic: Trump’s impeachment defense team: Top lawyers tapped for looming trial  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s impeachment defense team: Top lawyers tapped for looming trial

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Several top White House lawyers are slated to serve as the defense team in President Trump’s looming impeachment trial, Fox News has learned, as the House prepares to send the official articles to the Senate as early as Wednesday.

In a Democratic caucus meeting Tuesday morning, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not announce which lawmakers will be tapped as impeachment managers – who serve as prosecutors – in the case. Fox News is told a House vote on sending the two articles of impeachment to the Senate is expected Wednesday, at which point more details will emerge on Democrats' plans.

But the president's defense team has essentially formed.

A White House official told Fox News on Tuesday that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone will take the lead on the president’s defense team in the Senate trial. The official said that Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow will also serve on the president’s defense, as well as Cipollone deputies Michael Purpura and Patrick Philbin.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-impeachment-defense-team-top-lawyers-tapped-for-looming-trial

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The House is going to vote on transmitting the Articles to the Senate?  That seems a bit...irregular.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

The House is going to vote on transmitting the Articles to the Senate?  That seems a bit...irregular.
It would be hilarious if the House voted it down.... Pelosi has lost a lot of support so it would not surprise me...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It would be hilarious if the House voted it down.... Pelosi has lost a lot of support so it would not surprise me...

That may be exactly shy she's doing a vote.  She may be looking for a way to kill the beast without giving it to the Senate for execution.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: