Author Topic: NYC to Install 100 New Security Cameras in Brooklyn in Effort to Halt Anti-Semitic Crimes  (Read 699 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
New York City will install 100 new security cameras in ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in an effort to prevent anti-Semitic attacks, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Friday.

Fear has gripped the city's Orthodox Jewish community since the the fatal Dec. 10 attack at a kosher grocery store across the Hudson River in Jersey City and the Dec. 29 stabbings at a Hanukkah celebration in suburban Monsey.

The new cameras will be installed in the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Williamsburg, Crown Heights and Borough Park, where Hasidic Jewish residents have reported attacks ranging from someone pulling off a wig or hat to more violent assaults.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nyc-to-install-100-new-security-cameras-in-brooklyn-in-effort-to-halt-anti-semitic-crimes/2258136/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Do the cameras come with SW that makes the city attorneys and judges willing to prosecute and punish perps? If not, we'll just know better who the justice system refuses to punish. Until race-baiters howl that the cameras are "racist" and arm-twists NYC to take them down.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What, exactly, is a camera going to do to stop someone bent on criminal activity from doing their crime of choice?

Unless they can drop these things on the perpetrator's heads on command, they'll only get some pictures (maybe). It isn't like Jeffery Epstein's cell while he wasn't killing himself.

I'll note, that pictures of disastrous events, from explosions, to plane crashes, to volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and tsunamis haven't stopped anything from happening.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Do the cameras come with SW that makes the city attorneys and judges willing to prosecute and punish perps? If not, we'll just know better who the justice system refuses to punish. Until race-baiters howl that the cameras are "racist" and arm-twists NYC to take them down.
No, we won't know. The video will "malfunction", pixel out, be wrecked by glare, any of a dozen things which will render it unusable, if the information shows anything that doesn't fit the Leftist ideology du jour.

And then, if the image is clear, the spin: "See, how this well dressed and obviously rich man forced this poor hoodrat to rob him and beat him to death..."

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

I have an occasion firm grasp on the grossly obvious:

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/01/14/liberals-angry-nypd-installing-cameras-stop-antisemitic-attacks-nyc/

Liberals Angry That NYPD Is Installing Cameras To Stop Antisemitic Attacks In NYC

Of course, not everyone is happy about this news. (We’re talking about New York City, after all.) There are already reports of people calling in to local radio shows or showing up at demonstrations saying that cameras like these are turning our society into a “police state” or something. Others have long been pushing back against the use of facial recognition software by law enforcement, asserting that it unjustly targets minorities. And then, of course, there are the “F*** the Police” marches that take place in Brooklyn on a regular basis.

Gee… it’s almost as if some of these people don’t want the police to catch the people who are attacking the Jews. Perish the thought.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

I have an occasion firm grasp on the grossly obvious:

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/01/14/liberals-angry-nypd-installing-cameras-stop-antisemitic-attacks-nyc/

Liberals Angry That NYPD Is Installing Cameras To Stop Antisemitic Attacks In NYC
Not to mention all the other crime that goes on...

And, doggone it, if someone has it on video, it's sure harder to say I dindu nuffin, dinsee nuffin, donno nuffin....

"That ain't my face, that's my cousin's face... (In the vein of "These aren't my pants...." as seen on COPS and LIVE PD)

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

NYPD Installs New Cameras and Liberals Freak Out
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 03:12:30 pm »

NYPD Installs New Cameras and Liberals Freak Out

As a result of the string of violent anti-Semitic attacks throughout New York, the city is calling for quick and immediate change. And surprisingly, that call is being answered. Both Governor and Mayor Bill de Blasio have agreed to take action.

Furthermore, that action could actually work and save an untold amount of tax dollars, unlike some of the city’s most recent law changes. The plan is to install new security cameras in and around Brooklyn. Brooklyn is home to the city’s most traditional Jewish neighborhoods and where most of the violent attacks have taken place, according to CBS News New York.

https://theteapartydaily.com/nypd-installs-new-cameras-and-liberals-freak-out/