Author Topic: Pelosi Is Realizing Impeachment Was a Mistake  (Read 619 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi Is Realizing Impeachment Was a Mistake
« on: January 11, 2020, 12:43:10 pm »
Pelosi Is Realizing Impeachment Was a Mistake

David Harsanyi   January 10, 2020 

America is the midst of an imaginary impeachment standoff between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. “Both have drawn firm lines in the sand. Someone’s got to give,” one reporter recently declared.

There is, of course, nothing to “give.” Pelosi has no standing to dictate the terms of a Senate trial; no constitutional right or political leverage. Why she has put herself in a position that will ultimately end, one way or another, with her surrendering to McConnell is perplexing.

A new piece in Time magazine does shed some light on the thought process behind Pelosi’s decision to refuse to hand over articles of impeachment to a Senate whose majority doesn’t want them.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/01/10/pelosi-is-realizing-impeachment-was-a-mistake/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pelosi-is-realizing-impeachment-was-a-mistake?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Pelosi Is Realizing Impeachment Was a Mistake
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:33 pm »
One of the most interesting nuggets in the piece isn’t that Pelosi—portrayed as courageous risk-taker—had gotten the bright idea from CNN; it’s that she specifically got it from noted felon John Dean, Nixon’s former White House lawyer.

Now, Dean is often portrayed as a patriotic, whistleblowing impeachment expert—which is true insofar as he planned the Watergate coverup, and then informed on everyone whom he conspired with after they were caught.

His real expertise is cashing in on criminality for the past 50 years.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »
Pelosi's political instincts informed her from the get-go Impeachment is a mistake, but she never got control of her Caucus since the '18 election.  She didn't jump off the building, she was pushed by her fanatics.  I'm fine with this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:25:20 pm »
I couldn't help but chuckle during Trump's rally in OH who proclaimed  "she’s not operating with a full deck".  He's absolutely correct!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 03:35:35 pm »
Pelosi's political instincts informed her from the get-go Impeachment is a mistake, but she never got control of her Caucus since the '18 election.  She didn't jump off the building, she was pushed by her fanatics.  I'm fine with this.

In spite of her sassy public persona she's a very weak leader. Her time has passed her by,

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 04:19:23 pm »

I agree with your assessment. However, I believe that Pelosi's original instincts may ultimately be proven wrong.

If impeachment was the path of fanatics, then poll after poll has shown that half the country is fanatical.

How is swing state senators Gardner, Collins, Tillis, McSally, Ernst having to go on record one way or the other helpful on such a contentious issue? Jones in Alabama is going to lose regardless, so it doesn't matter.

Trump is forevermore an impeached president. His magnificent, narcissistic self will always be reminded of that fact (and that Obama was never impeached). 

Doing nothing would have been a far worse outcome for the Dems. Would have made them look effete, obsequiously meek, and compliant to a despised president.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 04:22:30 pm »
I agree with your assessment. However, I believe that Pelosi's original instincts may ultimately be proven wrong.

If impeachment was the path of fanatics, then poll after poll has shown that half the country is fanatical.

How is swing state senators Gardner, Collins, Tillis, McSally, Ernst having to go on record one way or the other helpful on such a contentious issue? Jones in Alabama is going to lose regardless, so it doesn't matter.

Trump is forevermore an impeached president. His magnificent, narcissistic self will always be reminded of that fact (and that Obama was never impeached). 

Doing nothing would have been a far worse outcome for the Dems. Would have made them look effete, obsequiously meek, and compliant to a despised president.
Neither near half the country will determine the next election.

The undecided 5% will. And they clearly don't like this impeachment bullsh*t.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 04:33:52 pm »

I disagree that it's "clear" at all.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:34:16 pm »

Sincerely pray that you're right.  I'm not so sure.

This 4 year incessant harassment of President Trump by the Mainstream Media and Hollywood certainly must have an adverse effect on his favorables.

Got very skiddish when I read the fake news story about instituting the military draft. 

Geez...that's the only thing that might get these worthless skinsacks off their asses to vote in November.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 04:43:02 pm »
 :silly:

President Donald Trump will wear that “impeachment” as a Badge of Honor! At the end of this transparent democrat temper tantrum Trump will still be standing tall. While the hapless Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and the democrats go down to minority status in November.

Only democrats and NeverTrumpers think this impeachment carries any stain with it—present company excluded, of course.  /s

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 04:46:53 pm »

President Donald Trump will wear that “impeachment” as a Badge of Honor! At the end of this transparent democrat temper tantrum Trump will still be standing tall. While the hapless Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and the democrats go down to minority status in November.

Only democrats and NeverTrumpers think this impeachment carries any stain with it—present company excluded, of course.  /s

Riiight.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 04:59:33 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 05:32:13 pm »
Sincerely pray that you're right.  I'm not so sure. This 4 year incessant harassment of President Trump by the Mainstream Media and Hollywood certainly must have an adverse effect on his favorables.

Got very skiddish when I read the fake news story about instituting the military draft.  Geez...that's the only thing that might get these worthless skinsacks off their asses to vote in November.

Here's something you may have missed @DCPatriot  ... The President's rally in Toledo, OH on Thursday.   This link takes you to a  sorta after action report:  https://video.foxnews.com/v/6121386065001#sp=show-clips

The venue held 8,500 and it was packed.  The overflow crowd was another couple of thousand who stood in freezing temperatures to watch the President on jumbo screens, rub shoulders with like minded people and let the President know they're paying attention and have his back! 

If you've the time, scroll through a replay of the rally.  Here's a link: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2mwnHCGZA

Don't miss the enthusiasm of this crowd  -- and the President covered EVERYTHING!

And lastly, here' a peek at that overflow crowd:

HOLY TOLEDO!   Look at the overflow crowd outside of the #TrumpRallyToledo! pic.twitter.com/0oVrOPXF6D— Team Trump (Text FIRST to 88022) (@TeamTrump) January 10, 2020

Keep the faith, my friend.  We're awake and we know what's going on.  And we're going to win in November.  :beer:

@aligncare  I think you'll enjoy this info, too!

:bighug: to you both.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:34:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 05:42:46 pm »
In spite of her sassy public persona she's a very weak leader. Her time has passed her by,

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 06:54:27 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

:patriot:      :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 07:13:56 pm »

And lastly, here' a peek at that overflow crowd:

@Right_in_Virginia

AND......keep in mind that is a crowd willing to stand outside in Toledo,Ohio in JANUARY to see and hear Trump talk on a screen.

When was the last time you saw a crowd of Dim supporters,even paid ones,willing to stand outside in the winter in a yankee city to hear a Dim President or candidate speak?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 07:26:28 pm »
Great Pic!
In a racially diverse city like Toledo, nice to see photographic evidence of the Trump surge (over 30%!) with blacks that I keep reading about on this board.  :yowsa:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 08:23:12 pm »
Great Pic!
In a racially diverse city like Toledo, nice to see photographic evidence of the Trump surge (over 30%!) with blacks that I keep reading about on this board.  :yowsa:

@FeelNoPain

If blacks are so uninformed or stupid they continue to support the Dims,it's nobody's fault but their own.

Or are you suggesting that maybe the Republicans enslave them like the Dims did in order to get their votes? Do you REALLY think there are that many black preachers still for sale out there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 08:56:20 pm »
@FeelNoPain

If blacks are so uninformed or stupid they continue to support the Dims,it's nobody's fault but their own.
"I love the poorly educated!" - Donald J. Trump

Or are you suggesting that maybe the Republicans enslave them like the Dims did in order to get their votes?

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. The GOP isn't above spreading a little dependency money around.

Do you REALLY think there are that many black preachers still for sale out there?

Why not? It looks like a whole lotta white evangelical leaders such as Falwell, Graham, White, et al are for sale, too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 10:34:55 pm »
Pelosi is learning the hard way that Alinski tactics have countermoves that render them inneffective.

One of those being that if you go on the offensive in an ambush, freeze, and polarize campaign, ending in a stalemate means you lose. Especially when you are in a tactical position of self-contradiction.

McConnell can completely wreck her momentum by simply doing nothing more than conducting the Senate trial by the same rules used in '99, and not the sham rules of Schiffty, Nadless, and what Pelosi is demanding, because the old rules are fair rules and the rules the same Dems supported back in the day.

And the public wants fairness and equality. No amount of rhetoric and sophistry is gonna win it this time now that you've stepped away from media press conferences and into the real world rules,, procedures, checks, and balances of the Congressional branch of the US govt as outlined by the Founders in the Constitution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 07:25:24 pm »

Donald J Trump
@realDonaldTrump
"Why should I have the stigma of Impeachment attached to my name when I did NOTHING wrong?"
January 12, 2020

pointing-up @aligncare