Author Topic: Trump strike on Soleimani came amid pressure from impeachment allies in Senate: reports  (Read 134 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump strike on Soleimani came amid pressure from impeachment allies in Senate: reports
By J. Edward Moreno - 01/10/20 11:31 AM EST

President Trump said his order to launch the drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani came amid pressure from Senate Republicans he views as key allies in his upcoming impeachment trial, The Wall Street Journal reported and The New York Times reported this week.

The articles did not name the GOP senators, but many of Trump's allies in the Senate, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), have praised his decision to take out the Quds Force commander in Baghdad.

Graham, an Iran hawk who is also chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has been outspoken in his support of Trump's strike on Soleimani and in his opposition to Trump's impeachment.

The New York Times reported that Trump said on a phone call that he had been under pressure by some Senate Republicans to take a harder line on Iran.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/477696-trump-strike-on-soleimani-came-amid-pressure-from-impeachment

Trump ordered Soleimani attack to appease Republicans he views as important for impeachment, report says
Reports indicate Mr Trump felt pressured by Senate Republicans to act against Soleimani
Clark Mindock
New York
 @ClarkMindock
1 hour ago

Donald Trump ordered the airstrike that killed an Iranian general last week at least in part due to fears about his upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, according to a new report.

An article in the Wall Street Journal indicates that Mr Trump has told associates that he ordered the killing of Quds Force leader Qassem Soleimani amid pressure from Republicans who wanted him to take a stronger stance towards Iran.

“Mr Trump, after the strike, told associates he was under pressure to deal with Gen Soleimani from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate,” the report, published Thursday, says.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-soleimani-iran-attack-impeachment-report-republican-senators-a9279081.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:46:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moving to opinion.  If we had a fantasy/fiction cat I would put it there.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Oh the New York Slimes unnamed sources. What a crock.  *****rollingeyes***** ****slapping 22222frying pan
Principles matter. Words matter.