Author Topic: Iraqi Shia cleric whose militia killed American troops says crisis is over following Iran strike and  (Read 218 times)

rangerrebew

Iraqi Shia cleric whose militia killed American troops says crisis is over following Iran strike and Trump speech
Shawn Snow
17 hours ago

A controversial Iraqi politician and Shia cleric said Wednesday that the crisis is over following ballistic missile strikes from Iran against U.S. troops in Iraq and a speech by President Donald Trump claiming Iran was “standing down.”

Muqtada al-Sadr, whose Mahdi army led a resistance against American troops following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, also called for restraint and patience, according to a message posted to Twitter.

In the message, Sadr called for Iraqi factions to not start military action and he asked militias to restrain extremist voices within the various groups.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/01/08/iraqi-shia-cleric-whose-militia-killed-american-troops-says-crisis-is-over-following-iran-strike-and-trump-speech/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Mookie said that?  Wow.  I'm impressed.   Has President Trump in one fell swoop changed the dynamic in Iraq/Iran?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Mookie said that?  Wow.  I'm impressed.   Has President Trump in one fell swoop changed the dynamic in Iraq/Iran?

Doubtful. Time will tell what Iran and for that matter, Iraq does next.  Putin may also be assessing a new game plan.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Doubtful. Time will tell what Iran and for that matter, Iraq does next.  Putin may also be assessing a new game plan.

Don't underestimate the force of the Trump doctrine.    We don't simply respond to imminent threats,  we'll also take advantage of imminent opportunities.   We are watching these bad actors,  and if the chance emerges to take out the trash,  we will.   Folks act differently when they know their perfidy has placed a target on their backs,  and the sheriff's in town.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide