Author Topic: Ted Cruz on Iran: 'I think we're in a strong position now'  (Read 207 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz on Iran: 'I think we're in a strong position now'
« on: January 09, 2020, 12:30:58 am »
Ted Cruz on Iran: 'I think we're in a strong position now'

In an interview with ABC13, Texas Senator Ted Cruz is praising the U.S. and its approach to Iran. He said fears of a World War, or even a ground war, with Iran are overblown.

"A peace through strength is the best way to avoid wars," said the second term Republican from Houston. "It's not appeasement, it's not giving billions to our enemies, but instead, standing up strong and making it clear that if you target, if you kill Americans, there will be repercussions."

Cruz was grateful no Americans were hurt in the Iranian-launched missile attacks which targeted U.S. troops stationed in Iraq and thinks President Trump's response in a White House statement Wednesday morning struck the right tone.

The escalation in tensions between the two nations began more than a week ago when an Iranian-backed militia attacked the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. The United States responded with a drone attack that killed, among others, Iran's top general Qasem Soleimani. The rocket attack was promised retaliation for Soleimani's death.

"Taking out a terrorist who's taking the lives of Americans is a very good thing," said Senator Cruz. "That being said, I'm grateful that last night, with a rocket attack, it appears not to have escalated significantly, and I think that we may be seeing the effects of deterrence."...........

https://abc13.com/5826874/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Ted Cruz on Iran: 'I think we're in a strong position now'
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:57:41 am »
Ted Cruz :thumbsup:, Michel, er Mike Lee