Author Topic: NBC’s Engel Fears Trump Will ‘Taunt’ or ‘Humiliate’ Iran  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

NBC’s Engel Fears Trump Will ‘Taunt’ or ‘Humiliate’ Iran
By Kyle Drennen | January 8, 2020 10:50 AM EST

Appearing on the 3rd Hour Today show on Wednesday, NBC’s chief foreign affairs correspondent Richard Engel fretted over the possibility that President Trump may “taunt” or “humiliate” Iran during an upcoming address to the nation and possibly spark “another cycle of violence.”

After a report in which he claimed that Iran’s ineffectual missile attack on American bases in Iraq “was more about restoring Iran’s honor,” Engel warned: “I worry that what could be, what seemed to be a contained incident....is this going to escalate further?” The reporter specifically feared how the President may respond:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2020/01/08/nbcs-engel-fears-trump-will-taunt-or-humiliate-iran

Offline goatprairie

Oh no!!!! (gasp)..the all-powerful Iranian mullahs might get upset. Horrors!!!!!!
Because they haven't done anything bad in the last forty years when we didn't taunt them.
Oh, wait.

Offline berdie

Well, gosh, gee wilkers...they have NEVER taunted us so this would just be wrong! /s

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
...and?

Give Iran a participation trophy.  Thanks for playing. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

While chief foreign affairs correspondent Richard Engel is busy fretting, perhaps he could take moment to consider that it's not the responsibility of alleged news reporters to engage in taunting speculation. Just report the %*^# news, Dick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Absalom

Er................he wasn't fretting;
he was angry, cuz Trump caused him to pee in his pantz on tee-vee!
Poor thing!!!

Offline DB

Like "Death To America" is such a diplomatic and passive chant that deserves to be honored...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What if America had orchestrated 100dreds of people to march down Fifth Avenue Screaming "Death to Iran!!"
We are not primitive barbaric monkeys like them, so of course that would never happen in a Western Country.
But what if it did? Death to Iran! Death to the monkey Mullahs! Burn the Iranian Flag!
F**K Muhammed and F**k the Iranians!

It seems like it only goes one way. 'Death to America' is somehow acceptable? Death to Iran is racist, or something, I guess? So White People are better than Iranians. Because White People look at 'Death to America!' as being kind of cute little thing that primitive people like to say. However, Death to Iran! said by White People is intolerable. Aren't kind of recognizing their own inferiority? Seems that way?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What if America had orchestrated 100dreds of people to march down Fifth Avenue Screaming "Death to Iran!!"
We are not primitive barbaric monkeys like them, so of course that would never happen in a Western Country.
But what if it did? Death to Iran! Death to the monkey Mullahs! Burn the Iranian Flag!
F**K Muhammed and F**k the Iranians!

It seems like it only goes one way. 'Death to America' is somehow acceptable? Death to Iran is racist, or something, I guess? So White People are better than Iranians. Because White People look at 'Death to America!' as being kind of cute little thing that primitive people like to say. However, Death to Iran! said by White People is intolerable. Aren't kind of recognizing their own inferiority? Seems that way?
Because they know that when a White Guy says it,
It is probably going to happen.
We have the means, we have the determination.
We could make that happen in a single second.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:08:53 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.