Author Topic: Virginia's Ralph Northam pushes to remove Robert E. Lee statue from US Capitol  (Read 633 times)

Offline EdinVA

WASHINGTON - Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam will push for a bill in the state legislature to replace the state's statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that is displayed in the United States Capitol building.
The office of the Democratic governor will file a request for a bill that would outline the process for removing the statue and selecting a replacement. The figure of Lee is one of two statues from Virginia in the National Statuary Hall Collection.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/virginias-ralph-northam-pushes-to-remove-robert-e-lee-statue-from-us-capitol

Online mountaineer

He's more of a bigot than Lee ever was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lee was a West Point graduate who had served honorably in the US Army before deciding he had to Serve his home State of Virginia in the conflict. Northam wants to tear down History, strip Virginians of their Constitutionally protected Rights. Sweet Jesus, how did that Rat Fink ever get elected?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Lee was a West Point graduate who had served honorably in the US Army before deciding he had to Serve his home State of Virginia in the conflict. Northam wants to tear down History, strip Virginians of their Constitutionally protected Rights. Sweet Jesus, how did that Rat Fink ever get elected?
Less than 50% of the voters felt it was important to vote so we have to live with their laziness.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Less than 50% of the voters felt it was important to vote so we have to live with their laziness.
Well, they have two boxes left, and the effort will increase if any there value their liberty.
Soapbox
Ballot box
Jury Box (nullification)
Cartridge box.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

That's easy. He is a country club elitist that considers himself a sophisticated internationalist,and is embarrassed to be called an American. Combine that with all the yankees moving into northern Va,and he had a lock on it.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

He's more of a bigot than Lee ever was.

I've yet to see a picture of Lee in any West Point yearbook in blackface.

Online mountaineer

Nor my ancestors who served the CSA.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

@Smokin Joe

That's easy. He is a country club elitist that considers himself a sophisticated internationalist,and is embarrassed to be called an American. Combine that with all the yankees moving into northern Va,and he had a lock on it.
@sneakypete
The liberals disregard the constitution and the bill of rights.  The fact that the US is NOT a democracy and that the majority does not rule just does not matter.

If they get the majority noise level, they will do whatever they want.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

a fact lost on Gov Sheets-Jolson.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.