Author Topic: Planned Parenthood reports rise in government funding, record number of abortions  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Applewood

Yes, their budget did grow, that's why we need to elect a GOP House and maybe new Senators as Murkowski, Collins vote for funding PP.

Um...we already had Republican majorities in both houses of congress plus a Republican president and still, PP was funded.  Replacing the obviously liberal Republicans like Collins won't work either because the party, for all its hot air, has no intention of ever opposing funding for PP. The Republican Party is liberal -- not as liberal as Democrats, but still liberal.

Offline musiclady

Um...we already had Republican majorities in both houses of congress plus a Republican president and still, PP was funded.  Replacing the obviously liberal Republicans like Collins won't work either because the party, for all its hot air, has no intention of ever opposing funding for PP. The Republican Party is liberal -- not as liberal as Democrats, but still liberal.

And Pro-Life in Name Only......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

The bottom line here is that if our government stops subsidizing Planned Parenthood, two things will happen:

1) Democrat candidates will have less campaign money
2) The number of abortions in this country will go down.

This is a win-win.  Why isn't it getting done?  There is no Constitutional barrier that prevents the Executive Branch from withholding monies from abortion providers.

Because the money is in the dialectic, not in success. Whole industries are formed on both sides.

Like a church... Once there's bricks and mortar and pews there is a parallel to the cause - That being continued existence... Baby needs new shoes... Mortgages require money... Money  requires popularity, and popularity requires bending orthodoxy... and next thing you know, the cause is subsumed by the need, and it really is not a church anymore.

Like in medicine... The money ain't in healing you - The money is in treating symptoms. If they healed you, they couldn't whack you for meds and doctor visits anymore.

Same thing in politics. Except worse. Because now, since the lowered bar and no demand for results by way of fear based voting, there is absolutely no consequence for failure.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because the money is in the dialectic, not in success. Whole industries are formed on both sides.

Like a church... Once there's bricks and mortar and pews there is a parallel to the cause - That being continued existence... Baby needs new shoes... Mortgages require money... Money  requires popularity, and popularity requires bending orthodoxy... and next thing you know, the cause is subsumed by the need, and it really is not a church anymore.
Yep, the whole message gets lost, and salvation comes out of a can.
Preacher needs more for: painting the church, keeping it on the air, a new jet to fly around and deliver The Word.
Our Saviour spent his time around the waterfront, in the marketplace, and yes even at the Temples, but you read nothing of Him passing the hat.
Like in medicine... The money ain't in healing you - The money is in treating symptoms. If they healed you, they couldn't whack you for meds and doctor visits anymore.
remedies and treatments, but not cures. Big bucks in return business.
Same thing in politics. Except worse. Because now, since the lowered bar and no demand for results by way of fear based voting, there is absolutely no consequence for failure.
Yep. Morphing morals and discarded principles because there is no better alternative that is an electoral threat-- because people are scared the other scumbag will win.  **nononono* Pretty soon, the lesser evil is just as evil as the other one was, even if they become more inspired by the closing gap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

For all intents and purposes, Bush did mostly nothing to defund planned parenthood. At least, we have politicians now, who are trying to defund planned parenthood.

Yes, their budget did grow, that's why we need to elect a GOP House and maybe new Senators as Murkowski, Collins vote for funding PP.

Trump should treat it the same as the EPA Superfund.  Each year, billions flow into it, but it never gets spent.  If the EPA doesn't have to use any of the Superfund money Congress appropriates to clean up sites like West Lake landfill or Coldwater Creek area, then HHS doesn't have to use the money Congress appropriates to fund Planned Parenthood abortion clinics.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Yep. Morphing morals and discarded principles because there is no better alternative that is an electoral threat-- because people are scared the other scumbag will win.  **nononono* Pretty soon, the lesser evil is just as evil as the other one was, even if they become more inspired by the closing gap.

There it is, plain as day.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

So you tell me. It seems you have said too before that abortion was not that pressing in regards to the Supreme Court.

So, all I am seeing from people whining about Trump are never-Trumpers. Trying to be proved right. I will take the word of pro-life organizations like the Susan B. Anthony list and Concerned Women of America,  the latter mainly a Protestant organization.

Dubya didn't try to defund, pretty much in modern time, Trump remains the most pro-life president.  At least since Bush 41 and maybe that's not a hard accomplishment.

After that, "abortion isn't everything" line or whatever it was, funny, how the faces we see around don't normally visit this forum and now use it to bash Trump.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:23:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

So you tell me. It seems you have said too before that abortion was not that pressing in regards to the Supreme Court.

So, all I am seeing from people whining about Trump are never-Trumpers. Trying to be proved right. I will take the word of pro-life organizations like the Susan B. Anthony list and Concerned Women of America,  the latter mainly a Protestant organization.

Dubya didn't try to defund, pretty much in modern time, Trump remains the most pro-life president.  At least since Bush 41 and maybe that's not a hard accomplishment.

After that, "abortion isn't everything" line or whatever it was, funny, how the faces we see around don't normally visit this forum and now use it to bash Trump.

But, if you are an honest man, @TomSea , you need to acknowledge that calling these Conservative strongly pro-life people allies of Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion, is morally abhorrent.

Even if the Mods don't stop you or reprimand you for this abject ugliness, your conscience needs to kick in, and you need to STOP what you  have done here.

Whether people frequent your forum has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether they are pro-life.

And supporting Trump is most certainly NOT required to be pro-life.

Again........... your making that accusation is abhorrent.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

But, if you are an honest man, @TomSea , you need to acknowledge that calling these Conservative strongly pro-life people allies of Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion, is morally abhorrent.

Even if the Mods don't stop you or reprimand you for this abject ugliness, your conscience needs to kick in, and you need to STOP what you  have done here.

Whether people frequent your forum has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether they are pro-life.

And supporting Trump is most certainly NOT required to be pro-life.

Again........... your making that accusation is abhorrent.

You should be corrective of others who just use this forum to vulgarly call others names on this sacred subject of life. They don't.

I called no one pro-abortion. I may have said "abandoned the most innocent" or words to that affect. I don't see what else one calls it.

One might not like it but those  or many of those in the battle will see it that way.

What I have written:

You cherry pick, you've abandoned the most innocent. There's dozen of articles here, but you pick on Trump with this and he may be limited in what he can do.  The one time folks show up to the life news forum.  Despicable.

Why is planned parenthood spending $45 million against Trump?? Maybe you can tell me, you're on the same side.

Excuse me, it is the same side, intentional or not.
The article makes it clear that Planned Parenthood fought in court on some monies, in other cases, it was part of the budget. Yeah, I guess, one can find fault with that but the experts say all kinds of progress has been made nonetheless, versus what someone says who is never in this area cherry picking articles, forcing vulgar analysis on this.

Planned Parenthood as the article states is spending millions campaigning against Trump.

So, I might say, you are bad mouthing me to try to squelch my voice, I don't take lightly to forum decord.  I am sorry, if one is being vulgar, that one might get upset. I likewise, believe you should hold that person to the same standards.

I might say, you are even showing a doublestandard.

So, you're on @musiclady 

Offline TomSea

Pro-Lifers have worked very hard for what they are getting now and even then it isn't easy and that much to have some catcalling.

"Tumpy the Clown", perhaps others can be evenhanded too. There's no reason to even have debate on something like this if one acts so irascible and abrasive to begin with.

Offline musiclady

You should be corrective of others who just use this forum to vulgarly call others names on this sacred subject of life. They don't.

I called no one pro-abortion. I may have said "abandoned the most innocent" or words to that affect. I don't see what else one calls it.

One might not like it but those  or many of those in the battle will see it that way.

What I have written:

Excuse me, it is the same side, intentional or not.
So, I might say, you are bad mouthing me to try to squelch my voice, I don't take lightly to forum decord.  I am sorry, if one is being vulgar, that one might get upset. I likewise, believe you should hold that person to the same standards.

I might say, you are even showing a doublestandard.

So, you're on @musiclady

What you accused @roamer_1 of is patently false.

You need to stop making these accusations, even though you tie being pro-life with supporting Trump. (Bizarre, no matter how you slice it).

But to the point of the thread, which you seemed to have abandoned........ Planned Parenthood is still being funded, and it is a legitimate criticism of Trump and the Trump Republican Party that they didn't defund it when they had the opportunity with majorities in both houses.

You can't spin it any other way.  They failed.

And making patently false accusations of other Briefers is wrong no matter how hard you try to defend why you've done it.

Do you seriously think you are morally right in accusing ANYONE here who is pro-life of being on the same side as Planned Parenthood?

Abortion is the most vile, most hideous crime against humanity ever committed in the history of the world.  Planned Parenthood is a hideous butcher factory where innocent babies are slaughtered and their body parts sold.

You seriously think that calling pro-life Briefers allies of this vile evil is something that is appropriate??  SERIOUSLY???

Think again.

The accusation is reprehensible.  I'm not trying to "squelch your voice."  You can say what you want...... but not without consequence.

What I'm trying to do is appeal to your conscience because I know you are a good man, and this is so far beneath you it hurts.

@TomSea

Offline TomSea

What you accused @roamer_1 of is patently false.

You need to stop making these accusations, even though you tie being pro-life with supporting Trump. (Bizarre, no matter how you slice it).

But to the point of the thread, which you seemed to have abandoned........ Planned Parenthood is still being funded, and it is a legitimate criticism of Trump and the Trump Republican Party that they didn't defund it when they had the opportunity with majorities in both houses.

You can't spin it any other way.  They failed.

And making patently false accusations of other Briefers is wrong no matter how hard you try to defend why you've done it.

Do you seriously think you are morally right in accusing ANYONE here who is pro-life of being on the same side as Planned Parenthood?

Abortion is the most vile, most hideous crime against humanity ever committed in the history of the world.  Planned Parenthood is a hideous butcher factory where innocent babies are slaughtered and their body parts sold.

You seriously think that calling pro-life Briefers allies of this vile evil is something that is appropriate??  SERIOUSLY???

Think again.

The accusation is reprehensible.  I'm not trying to "squelch your voice."  You can say what you want...... but not without consequence.

What I'm trying to do is appeal to your conscience because I know you are a good man, and this is so far beneath you it hurts.

@TomSea

We are in the battle. If one is putting down, slamming, those leading pro-life actions in the US, are you really our friend? Are you really pro-life? Maybe not when we need you.

You too have been a never-Trumper so your words too are suspect. This is a discussion forum.

The most I said is 'you are abandoning the unborn", too, I said "you are on the same side of Planned Parenthood", those are the only 2 things. I won't repeat these things if they offend you but perhaps it's not all my conscience.

I've support Mitt Romney, others for their pro-life views. In 2012, to those who said they wouldn't vote for Mitt, I basically feel the same way.

It's hardly like someone is standing up for the unborn, politically speaking, when they say one is abandoning the cause.

You try to lay a guilt trip on me, "think this way or you are a bad person".

As for the Senate, it's coming very close to being able to defund Planned Parenthood, not some argument where, "Republicans aren't really conservative", etc. etc.  You don't know until you try.

Trump has his bad points, he has good points too, we could see a sequence of Republican presidents in the future, we really could because the country is doing well, we could have 2 terms of Trump and then?  A president Cruz? A president Haley? All because the tide has been turned against the Democrats who if they continue in this manner, should be assigned to the dustbin of history.

Offline musiclady

We are in the battle. If one is putting down, slamming, those leading pro-life actions in the US, are you really our friend? Are you really pro-life? Maybe not when we need you.

You too have been a never-Trumper so your words too are suspect. This is a discussion forum.

The most I said is 'you are abandoning the unborn", too, I said "you are on the same side of Planned Parenthood", those are the only 2 things. I won't repeat these things if they offend you but perhaps it's not all my conscience.

I've support Mitt Romney, others for their pro-life views. In 2012, to those who said they wouldn't vote for Mitt, I basically feel the same way.

It's hardly like someone is standing up for the unborn, politically speaking, when they say one is abandoning the cause.

You try to lay a guilt trip on me, "think this way or you are a bad person".

As for the Senate, it's coming very close to being able to defund Planned Parenthood, not some argument where, "Republicans aren't really conservative", etc. etc.  You don't know until you try.

Trump has his bad points, he has good points too, we could see a sequence of Republican presidents in the future, we really could because the country is doing well, we could have 2 terms of Trump and then?  A president Cruz? A president Haley? All because the tide has been turned against the Democrats who if they continue in this manner, should be assigned to the dustbin of history.

I never told you how to think, and I certainly never called you a "bad person."  In fact, I deliberately said the opposite..... that you are a good person, so you shouldn't say the vilest thing that can be said to a truly pro-life person......... that we are on the side of Planned Parenthood.  It's just so vicious. 

What I asked you to do is to stop making these false accusations, no matter how you try to veil them in your pro-Trump rhetoric.

And for heaven's sake, try to understand that being a fan of Trump's has NOTHING to do with being pro-life.

I was pro-life when Trump was pro-abortion.  I was marching for pro-life causes and supporting CPC's with my money while Trump was advocating killing babies AND supporting Planned Parenthood.

Don't you DARE say that I support Planned Parenthood.

If you don't recognize the evil in that, then you'd better do some soul-searching.  And if you don't know the TBR rule against calling fellow Conservatives liberals and pro-aborts as you have so clearly done here, you'd better do some research about that too.  Even if the Mods don't call you on it, it's still wrong.

Now that's all I'm going to say because if you lie about us one more time, I'm going to explode in anger, and I know that it's not what God wants me to do.  I know he doesn't want me to do to you what you have done to me, so I'm stopping before my anger at your ridiculous accusations turns to sin.....

Offline TomSea

I would say,  we shouldn't have to go hunting down this stuff. It doesn't matter really with the hostile audience in my opinion, what he has done.
Trump releases fact sheet showing his pro-life accomplishments

COMMITTED TO PROTECTING LIFE: President Donald J. Trump has shown his steadfast commitment to preserving the precious gift of life and defending religious liberty.

President Trump is the first sitting President to address the March for Life live via satellite.
        Vice President Mike Pence addressed the March for Life in 2017, becoming the first sitting Vice President to do so in person.
    Today, the Department of Health and Human Services is announcing a proposal to revise its conscience regulations to protect President Trump’s promise to enforce Federal conscience and religious freedom protections. The proposed conscience provisions include:
        Restricting taxpayer funds, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare, from being used by entities with discriminatory policies or practices,
        Protecting Americans who have religious or moral convictions related to certain health care services,
        Recognizing that Americans should not be discriminated against for their religious or moral beliefs when participating in certain health services.
    Just after taking office, President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, which protects $9 billion in foreign aid from being used to fund the global abortion industry.
    President Trump cut off taxpayer funding for the U.N. Population Fund, which colludes with China’s cruel program of forced abortion and sterilization.
    President Trump signed H.J. Res. 43 into law, overturning a midnight regulation by the Obama Administration, which prohibited States from defunding certain abortion facilities in their federally-funded family planning programs.
    President Trump has expressed strong support for the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would stop late-term abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, when science tells us that an unborn child can experience pain.
    President Trump’s Administration issued guidance to enforce the requirement that taxpayer dollars not support abortion coverage in Obamacare exchange plans.
    President Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services just announced the formation of a new Conscience and Religious Freedom Division, tasked with ensuring that laws that protect religious freedom and conscience rights are appropriately enforced.

Read more at:  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-releases-fact-sheet-showing-his-pro-life-accomplishments

Okay, so.... this is 2018, more has been added. I'm sorry, these people stick their necks out for us. There is nothing wrong with my conscience. This is trying to shame someone. Won't work.

The administration has done all of these things, okay,  you win, if you speak ill of the president, calling him nasty names via the pro-life issue, you are NOT abandoning the unborn. Better?

This is way beyond just congress funding or defunding Planned Parenthood and the House with Paul Ryan definitely did defund.

I'm unsure how McCain's votes went but it does show it's a team effort.

Offline TomSea

Nobody said that to you @musiclady , you might make a differentiation between that and someone who makes these remarks frequently.  Again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I won't be shamed. You are saying people should act with impunity. I also don't see how slamming someone who last night was talking about a premature born baby is somehow, okay and not abandoning the unborn, this is a culture war.

Offline musiclady

Nobody said that to you @musiclady , you might make a differentiation between that and someone who makes these remarks frequently.  Again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I won't be shamed. You are saying people should act with impunity. I also don't see how slamming someone who last night was talking about a premature born baby is somehow, okay and not abandoning the unborn, this is a culture war.

I’ve realized that I never should have gotten started with you on this.

Your accusation of @roamer_1 was so mind-numbingly stupid, and he is so competent to defend himself against such slander that I should have just left it to him to do so. (Even though your broad sweep did include me).

At any rate, SHAME on the Trump Republican Party for allowing the funding of demonic evil to increase on their watch.  They had a chance and threw it away and because of their fecklessness, more innocent lives have been tortured and snuffed out.

@TomSea

Offline TomSea

Trump greets people with Down syndrome at White House on World Down Syndrome Day
'Vice President Pence and I will always stand with these wonderful families,' the president tweeted.
Fri Mar 22, 2019 - 11:12 am EST

WASHINGTON, D.C., March 22, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — President Trump was joined by daughter Ivanka, Vice President Pence, and some wonderful special guests to celebrate World Down Syndrome Day at the White House.

“Today we celebrate the lives and achievements of Americans with Down Syndrome,” said the President in a tweet. “Vice President Pence and I will always stand with these wonderful families, and together we will always stand for LIFE!”

Read more at:  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-greets-kids-with-down-syndrome-at-white-house-on-world-down-syndrome-day

Sorry, you have a premature baby mentioned at the State of the Union, you have someone talking up for these disadvantaged folks; then you have someone making much more than snarky remarks, who is hardly debating but just making ad hom attacks on the president.

Offline roamer_1

Thank you for coming to my defense @musiclady

:beer: :seeya:

Offline musiclady

Thank you for coming to my defense @musiclady

:beer: :seeya:

De nada, @roamer_1 .

The scenario:  A pro-lifer, reading an article about how the evil PP is getting even more funding, criticizes Trump (and of course, the Trump Republicans) for taking a victory lap when a victory has NOT been won, and gets accused of being on the same side as PP........IOW, is personally smeared for being angry that PP is getting more funding.

Oy.

As I said above.......... mind-numbing....   *****rollingeyes*****

A saying when I was in elementary school applies here .......... "Put on your thinking cap."

At any rate, you're real good at defending yourself against such slanderous attacks, so I needn't have stepped in to argue logic against illogic.

But truth matters, so I did.  (I'm silly that way).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:57:20 pm by musiclady »