Author Topic: Planned Parenthood reports rise in government funding, record number of abortions  (Read 3354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Christopher Vondracek - The Washington Times - Monday, January 6, 2020

A new report from Planned Parenthood shows an increase in government funding during its most recent fiscal cycle and a record number of abortions at its clinics, even as the national abortion rate declines.

The reproductive health nonprofit posted its annual report over the weekend, culminating a year punctuated by legal fights, leadership departures and legislative action, with conservative states aiming to restrict abortion and liberal states seeking to preserve it.

“We stand at an inflection point for reproductive health and rights,” Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Alexis McGill Johnson and Board Chair Aimee Cunningham said in a written statement. “Our opponents moved to dismantle our nation’s program for affordable birth control this year, forcing providers like Planned Parenthood out of the program with an unethical gag rule.”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/6/planned-parenthood-reports-increase-in-government-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

8888crybaby

Planned Parenthood Did a Record 345,672 Abortions in FY18; Then Received a Record $616.8 Million in Government Money

Parenthood's latest annual report, for 2018-2019, shows that the abortion giant performed a record 345,672 abortions in fiscal 2018 and received a record $616.8 million in government reimbursements and grants in the year that ended on June 30, 2019..

For the time period of Oct. 1, 2017 through Sept. 30, 2018, Planned Parenthood offices performed 345,672 abortions, according to the annual report.

Also, Planned Parenthood offices received $616.8 million in government health services reimbursements and grants for the year ending June 30, 2019. ............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/michael-w-chapman/planned-parenthood-report-record-high-abortions-and-govt-money
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

A new report from Planned Parenthood shows an increase in government funding during its most recent fiscal cycle and a record number of abortions at its clinics, even as the national abortion rate declines.

Planned Parenthood is basically admitting that government funding finances their abortion business.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

So much for Tumpy the Clown's victory lap on this one too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So much for Tumpy the Clown's victory lap on this one too.

You cherry pick, you've abandoned the most innocent. There's dozen of articles here, but you pick on Trump with this and he may be limited in what he can do.  The one time folks show up to the life news forum.  Despicable.

Why is planned parenthood spending $45 million against Trump?? Maybe you can tell me, you're on the same side.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:49:02 pm by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

You cherry pick, you've abandoned the most innocent. There's dozen of articles here, but you pick on Trump with this and he may be limited in what he can do.  The one time folks show up to the life news forum.  Despicable.

Why is planned parenthood spending $45 million against Trump?? Maybe you can tell me, you're on the same side.

Trump signed off on spending spree bills that allocated funds to Planned Parenthood.  He could have vetoed them, but he didn't.  Why?  Why don't his supporters ask him that question?   

Online roamer_1

You cherry pick, you've abandoned the most innocent.

The hell I do, and the hell I have.

There's dozen of articles here, but you pick on Trump with this and he may be limited in what he can do.  The one time folks show up to the life news forum.  Despicable.

I will tell you what's despicable. He's already had his victory lap about planned parenthood. Turns out it ain't true.

Why'd Tumpy sign them over the money they are using against him in the first place?
It's all nonsense. A smoke show. And in the mean time, SOSDD. Both sides making money from the dialectic. Both sides taking credit and claiming wins. And nothing changes. Just like under the last crown prince of the NRTL... Bush. Again.

And your slur against me personally, yet again sommore, holds no water, intellectual or otherwise. Your very words promote the dialectic, not the cause, making the argument the cause instead.

I have never been pro-choice. I am ever Pro-Life, and have made plenty of arguments hereon and elsewhere - Thousands of times, no doubt - Enough to prove the paucity of your words.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:23:05 am by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is past time to de-fund Murder, Inc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

The article makes it clear that Planned Parenthood fought in court on some monies, in other cases, it was part of the budget. Yeah, I guess, one can find fault with that but the experts say all kinds of progress has been made nonetheless, versus what someone says who is never in this area cherry picking articles, forcing vulgar analysis on this.

Planned Parenthood as the article states is spending millions campaigning against Trump.

Offline Applewood

The "experts" don't know jack.  PP gets a ton of money from the government.  No one, not even the so-called "pro-life" president is really interested in turning off the tap. 

You bet I blame Trump.  But I also blame congressional Republicans who work out and pass these "bipartisan" spending spree bills which include funding for Planned Parenthood.  And some of these elected representatives are supposed to be adherents of faiths fundamentally opposed to abortion.  So why do they agree to fund PP?  Is someone holding a gun to their heads?  More importantly, why aren't we voters asking them about this?  Why aren't we holding their feet to the fire? 

Offline TomSea

Cruz has voted for budget bills 2 times in the past few years that at least in one case, helped flooding victims but still gave funding to Planned Parenthood.

Trump and Paul Ryan, in the House, did defund Planned Parenthood.

I'm not going to cherry-pick articles, when one's insistence becomes not signing a budget (or Omnibus) that passed both House and Senate, could deny people aid in flooding or even medical care. And if one did not even sign it, what happens? The votes are not there to ever compromise.

Offline Applewood

Tom, as far as  I'm concerned, those "we had to pass this bill because it had funding for flood victims (or the Wall or the military or ?)" explanations are excuses.  Republicans had the presidency plus both houses of congress and still they passed these spending spree bills. 

Bottom line is they promised to curb spending and they promised to defund Planned Parenthood and they broke their promises.  Just like they broke nearly all of their other campaign promises. 

And that's why I won't vote Republican or Democrat.  Tired of being lied to by both parties. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:55:48 pm by Applewood »

Offline Hoodat

The bottom line here is that if our government stops subsidizing Planned Parenthood, two things will happen:

1) Democrat candidates will have less campaign money
2) The number of abortions in this country will go down.

This is a win-win.  Why isn't it getting done?  There is no Constitutional barrier that prevents the Executive Branch from withholding monies from abortion providers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:13:49 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

@Hoodat

I wonder how much money Republicans are getting from PP.  Like I said, I don't buy their excuses for consistently agreeing to fund Planned Parenthood.  So I have to wonder what the real reason is.  And in my mind, the principal reason for politicians to do anything is money.

Offline libertybele

The bottom line here is that if our government stops subsidizing Planned Parenthood, two things will happen:

1) Democrat candidates will have less campaign money
2) The number of abortions in this country will go down.

This is a win-win.  Why isn't it getting done?  There is no Constitutional barrier that prevents the Executive Branch from withholding monies from abortion providers.

You need to remember that ultimately, the 'power of the purse' lies with the House. Also, there are several huge supporters of PP such as Soros.  He and his family have donated close to $5 million.

Trump has attempted to block funding.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/health/trump-defunds-planned-parenthood.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/planned-parenthood-abandons-title-funds-trump-gag-rule-190819201706770.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

It is beneath you @TomSea to accuse another Briefer of being PRO ABORTION because he is upset that Planned Parenthood is still being funded by the Trump government.

Why is it that factual discussions that criticize Trump end in ugly personal attacks (ie lies) about Conservative posters??

Why can’t you discuss the actual issue without smearing pro life Conservatives, Tom???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

@Hoodat

I wonder how much money Republicans are getting from PP.  Like I said, I don't buy their excuses for consistently agreeing to fund Planned Parenthood.  So I have to wonder what the real reason is.  And in my mind, the principal reason for politicians to do anything is money.

Good question.

Planned Parenthood could have been defunded by Republicans, but it has not.

What do they gain by supporting this evil industry??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

It is past time to de-fund Murder, Inc.

Amen!!

Offline Applewood

You need to remember that ultimately, the 'power of the purse' lies with the House. Also, there are several huge supporters of PP such as Soros.  He and his family have donated close to $5 million.

Yes, and when the Republicans had the majority in the House, they still voted to fund PP.

Trump has attempted to block funding....

…which the courts declared unlawful.  What he should have done was veto those spending spree bills that included funding for PP, but he didn't.  And that's why I keep asking, why not?  What was the real reason he signed all those bills?  I don't buy the excuses.

Offline TomSea

Never Trumpers are on the same side as Planned Parenthood and the Pro-Aborts. *SIGH*, Trump defended the right to life, what one wants in criticizing Trump in this is refusing all federal monies going out.  To help the sick, all federal programs.  That may be Rand Paul's view but it's really not realistic and you'd be battling this forever.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:55:37 pm by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

So if we question why federal monies are still going to Planned Parenthood after Republicans promised PP would be defunded, then we must be pro-abortion?

I don't follow that logic at all.

Offline musiclady

Never Trumpers are on the same side as Planned Parenthood and the Pro-Aborts. *SIGH*, Trump defended the right to life, what one wants in criticizing Trump in this is refusing all federal monies going out.  To help the sick, all federal programs.  That may be Rand Paul's view but it's really not realistic and you'd be battling this forever.

Lie.

Keep it up, Tom.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

So if we question why federal monies are still going to Planned Parenthood after Republicans promised PP would be defunded, then we must be pro-abortion?

I don't follow that logic at all.

That's because there's no logic nor TRUTH to that accusation.

The question is legitimate...... why have the Republicans, in spite of their promises not defunded PP??

They have had the opportunity to do so, and have not.

As one who is DEEPLY pro-LIFE, the failure to defund this wholesale slaughter of the unborn is unforgivable.

UNFORGIVABLE!!

Offline Hoodat

You need to remember that ultimately, the 'power of the purse' lies with the House.

No, the power of filling the purse lies with the House (and Senate).  The power of using the purse to buy everything on the shopping list falls exclusively upon the Executive Branch.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

"George Bush never suggested that we eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/oct/19/barack-obama/obama-says-bush-never-sought-defund-planned-parent/

For all intents and purposes, Bush did mostly nothing to defund planned parenthood. At least, we have politicians now, who are trying to defund planned parenthood.

Yes, their budget did grow, that's why we need to elect a GOP House and maybe new Senators as Murkowski, Collins vote for funding PP.