Author Topic: CNN Settles Lawsuit Brought by Covington Catholic Student Nicholas Sandmann  (Read 905 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
CNN Settles Lawsuit Brought by Covington Catholic Student Nicholas Sandmann

By Jack Crowe,  January 7, 2020 3:12 PM

CNN agreed Tuesday to settle a lawsuit brought by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann.

Sandmann sought $275 million from CNN over their coverage of the confrontation he and his classmates had with an elderly Native American man while visiting Washington, D.C. on a school trip in January of last year. The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington on Tuesday, according to a local Fox affiliate...

More at above link.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
While you were distracted by other things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder what the terms are?  Sandmann's attorneys had been pushing for a trial, so what changed?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

I hope young Nick is getting a hefty sum.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Get the feeling they probable made enough to pay the lawyers off and continue to sue the others like Washington Post...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Get the feeling they probable made enough to pay the lawyers off and continue to sue the others like Washington Post...

IOW, a "Moral Victory."   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

IOW, a "Moral Victory."   *****rollingeyes*****

It might be more $$ than just that. And it sets up a potential domino effect of others settling. IMO, every $ drained from outfits like CNN and the WashPost is a $ that won't be used to harm the US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It might be more $$ than just that. And it sets up a potential domino effect of others settling. IMO, every $ drained from outfits like CNN and the WashPost is a $ that won't be used to harm the US.

Good points.  A standard condition of settlements is, they never say for how much.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

CNN settles lawsuit with Nick Sandmann
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 03:00:13 pm »
CNN settles lawsuit with Nick Sandmann

By Lauren Artino | January 7, 2020 at 2:23 PM EST - Updated January 7 at 8:34 PM

COVINGTON, Ky. (FOX19) - CNN agreed Tuesday to settle a lawsuit with Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann.

The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington, Kentucky.

Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.

Trial dates are still not set for Sandmann’s lawsuit against NBC Universal and the Washington Post.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/01/07/cnn-settles-lawsuit-with-nick-sandmann/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
CNN settles defamation suit with Covington teen Nick Sandmann
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 09:10:03 pm »
https://nypost.com/2020/01/07/cnn-settles-defamation-suit-with-covington-teen-nick-sandmann/

CNN settles defamation suit with Covington teen Nick Sandmann
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon January 7, 2020

CNN has agreed to settle a multimillion-dollar defamation suit filed by Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann over the network’s depiction of his 2019 encounter with Native American activists.

The network is one of three news outlets named by the 16-year-old Kentucky student in a lawsuit seeking a combined $800 million in damages over what Sandmann claims was an unfair — and damaging — depiction of his encounter in Washington, DC, last January.

It is not known how much CNN is paying to settle the case, according to a report by Fox19 Now.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: CNN settles defamation suit with Covington teen Nick Sandmann
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 09:10:21 pm »
See this post at TOS for some details:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3806503/posts?page=17#17

"8-figure settlement"