Author Topic: Ask an Iranian  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ask an Iranian
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:20:03 pm »
January 7, 2020
Ask an Iranian
By Dan Truitt

I saw my Iranian refugee friend Kaveh in church this morning and asked him what he thought of the killing of Qasem Soleimani.

“I’m a little unhappy with it,” he said. “My wife’s unhappy, too. So are our parents in Teheran.”

“Why””

“Because he didn’t suffer.”

“You’re a Christian, right?”

“Right.”

“Trust me, brother, he’s suffering,” I said.

I’m an ex-pat living next door to the Middle East, and I don’t think most Americans understand what a significant historic event this is. Most Iranians are completely fed up with the oppressive reign of the mullahs, and most Middle East countries are completely fed up with the organized terrorism being exported by Iran, which has been destabilizing the region for the last four decades.

It all began when a rather gullible peanut rancher from Plains, Georgia, who occupied the White House for a mostly unfortunate four years, allowed the foxy old cleric to convince him that a Khomeini-led Iran would be friendly to the United States. Not long after that the U.S. embassy fell to an organized Iranian mob. To be fair, Khomeini wasn’t behind the embassy seizure, but he quickly understood that he held a huge bargaining chip in the face of the Carter-led USA’s lack of resolve.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/ask_an_iranian.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Ask an Iranian
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 07:02:11 pm »
It all began when a rather gullible peanut rancher from Plains, Georgia, who occupied the White House for a mostly unfortunate four years, allowed the foxy old cleric to convince him that a Khomeini-led Iran would be friendly to the United States. Not long after that the U.S. embassy fell to an organized Iranian mob. To be fair, Khomeini wasn’t behind the embassy seizure, but he quickly understood that he held a huge bargaining chip in the face of the Carter-led USA’s lack of resolve.
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/ask_an_iranian.html

Very good article, I didn't really know the history behind the decision.

This is a news bonanza really.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 07:59:28 pm »
Very good article, I didn't really know the history behind the decision.

This is a news bonanza really.

Carter, Reagan, BushI, Clinton, BushII, and Obama have left Iran without punishment for their MANY misdeeds.

So at long last we get a  President that risks offending the media, the democrats, the permanent ruling bureaucracy.

Patreaus saays this is bigger than Bin Laden or Al Bag Deady.

Hold the presses, though; until we learn what Dr. Fiona has for advice.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 12:58:34 am »

Hold the presses, though; until we learn what Dr. Fiona has for advice.

@truth_seeker

I'm waiting to hear from Oprah.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!