Author Topic: Pelosi moves to limit Trump’s actions in Iran with War Powers Resolution vote  (Read 2006 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Why don't you run for office then?
If everyone else is so wrong, take a shot.... I'll vote for you.

lol. I so loathe virtue signalers, who think their lives are so pure, when, on here they are being judgmental, and Un-Christian. lol   Even lie sometimes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A one-house legislative veto was struck down decades ago in INS v. Chadha.  Whether or not they'd strike down the two-house resolution in the WPA is unknown.  Legal opinions go both ways.  The best argument against it is that it's not something that appears anywhere in the Constitution, and limits Presidential authority.  The argument for keeping it in Chadha was basically "it's necessary in some cases."

The WPA has references to a "joint resolution", that seemingly would require a Presidential signature, but also a "concurrent resolution" of the two chambers, which would not.  So at bottom, the WPA authorizes the two chambers of Congress to force the removal of U.S. troops from a conflict without a Presidential signature.  That's in Section 5(c) of the WPA.

Thank Yew!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Please get this thread back on topic or I will lock it.

@LegalAmerican  Last warning.  Knock off the personal attacks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican  Last warning.  Knock off the personal attacks.

What personal attack?  I did not mention one name!  Who do you think I posted about?  It was a general thought.
I never understand the upset.  WHO DID I CALL OUT?  WHO DID I PERSONALLY ATTACK? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What personal attack?  I did not mention one name!  Who do you think I posted about?  It was a general thought.
I never understand the upset.  WHO DID I CALL OUT?  WHO DID I PERSONALLY ATTACK?

How about sticking to the topic?  This is about Pelosi and some sort of resolution.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Yet again the Democrats are engaging in the politics of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

They've been doing this since in recent times since October of 2001.

They've been doing this since Kennedy solicited the USSR's help in preventing Reagan from winning in 1980.

Offline PeteS in CA

How about sticking to the topic?  This is about Pelosi and some sort of resolution.

Exactly. TBR members, named or not, are not the topic of the thread.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

Which is why the Never Trumpers have to see the bigger picture and understand the ramifications of Trump losing this election.

Thank you!  If I said that, I would get a warning! 

Offline LegalAmerican

I have no problem with that. I was reading all the posts that DID NOT talk about the topic and I chimed in. Can you stop making ME the scapegoat?  Read all the other posts! 

Offline Mod5

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Yep.  If Trump loses this election it is because of his own stupidity and stupid tweets.  Even his staunchest supporters cringe, and I know many.  He is a scary dude.  Off the wall.   Voting for Trump would be taking your last thousand dollars and putting it down on roulette table.  Because he is unpredictable.  He's both liberal and Republican.  You never know which one is going to show up.  Sometimes neither, just the clown buffoon.  But most of all he is self centered and almost everything he does is about or for him.  Not about American interests.  I would rather not vote at all.

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Does this mean that one can't respond to this pathetic, nonsensical bullshit?

...asking for a FRiend.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mod5

STICK TO THE TOPIC!!

Re: Pelosi moves to limit Trump’s actions in Iran with War Powers Resolution vote

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Does this mean that one can't respond to this pathetic, nonsensical bullshit?

...asking for a FRiend.     :laugh:

Does your same Friend wonder why he tolerates Legal American's counter pathetic nonsensical bull shit just fine?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

Does your same Friend wonder why he tolerates Legal American's counter pathetic nonsensical bull shit just fine?

We were told more than once to cool it.

What's your problem?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They've been doing this since Kennedy solicited the USSR's help in preventing Reagan from winning in 1980.

Probably farther back than that...but they used to be able to hide it better or pawn off what was happening on one person like when Kerry went to Paris to negotiate separately with the North Vietnamese.

Pelosi was the one that destroyed the whole notion of "politics end at the waters edge" when Bush was president and they trashed his foreign policy whole he was overseas right after 9/11.

And if that wasn't bad enough she went and met with Assad after the WH had told her to stay home.

Now we've got her trying to neuter the President's ability to deal with a terrorist sponsoring nation.

Pretty clear where her sympathies are at.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Probably farther back than that...but they used to be able to hide it better or pawn off what was happening on one person like when Kerry went to Paris to negotiate separately with the North Vietnamese.

Pelosi was the one that destroyed the whole notion of "politics end at the waters edge" when Bush was president and they trashed his foreign policy whole he was overseas right after 9/11.

And if that wasn't bad enough she went and met with Assad after the WH had told her to stay home.

Now we've got her trying to neuter the President's ability to deal with a terrorist sponsoring nation.

Likely there is some money to follow or secrets to keep buried. Either way, she would be out on her arse if only there were enough Americans in her district.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

IMO, the simple truth here is that indeed, President Trump wouldn't hesitate to make the Supreme Leader one of the 52 targets promised.

THAT fact alone is what makes everybody nervous!

His POV regarding war is to avoid them, but if necessary, to KILL the enemy swiftly and with minimum American casualties.

He doesn't give a fig about Lockheed Martin or Boeing.

Oh...and don't forget how he made us energy independent.    happy77

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Thanks for the reminder.  It's beyond time for her to leave her post.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Oh...and don't forget how he made us energy independent.   

Funny, never saw him on a wellsite.
The Bakken boom started in about 2000, over in the Elm Coulee Field in Montana (Richland County). It's still developing. I know, I did the wellsite geology on some of those early wells, and continued to work those wells there and in North Dakota for 15 years. I'm back, as they say, from a stint working wells in Texas, Colorado, Nevada, and Utah, and still working Bakken and Three Forks wells.

Since then, the Permian Basin has broken loose as a hot unconventional play, too.

What President Trump did for the oil industry is clear the red tape for infrastructure projects that get that oil to market cheaper, more safely, and efficiently. That has been a big help, but there have been thousands of us working that problem of energy  independence for well over two decades now, and we were making progress long before he even mentioned running for office. That thunder belongs to every person in the domestic oil industry, not to the POTUS, and although I'll give him credit for clearing some of the crap out of the way, not even Obama and his minions could stop us.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis