Author Topic: 'Pay us back': Trump says troops will not leave airbase unless Iraq compensates US  (Read 2000 times)

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If they refuse, then demolish it on the way out sufficiently to make it expensive to rebuild.  Heck, never mind that, just demolish it.

If we're leaving, we can't leave that kind of asset there, even if they really want to buy it.  Eventually it would be used to station bombers that can reach Israel.

@Cyber Liberty

I really don't give a damn about Israel one way or the other,but it is a FACT that if we don't destroy Islamic governments while we are able,they WILL nuke us as soon as they have the capability to do so. Islam is a Death Cult,and they really don't care about dying because they think it is their ticket to virgins and heaven.

We will know when Islam gets nukes because they will use them the minute they do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Obviously, I think we have to leave the country if their government formally demands it.  But there's no way we should leave that air base for them, built with our funds, that could end up being used by Iran.  Not unless Iraq wants to pay us for it.

I'm still very skeptical that the Iraqi government will follow through with a formal demand that we leave.  If we leave, Iraq immediately becomes Iran's byatch, and the PM knows it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously, I think we have to leave the country if their government formally demands it.  But there's no way we should leave that air base for them, built with our funds, that could end up being used by Iran.  Not unless Iraq wants to pay us for it.

I'm still very skeptical that the Iraqi government will follow through with a formal demand that we leave.  If we leave, Iraq immediately becomes Iran's byatch, and the PM knows it.

I think the resolution passed by their legislature is for domestic consumption.  They know better.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

@Sighlass

And you think that is TRUMP's fault? The guy trying to build a wall and being blocked by the Dims and RINO's at every turn?

Seriously?

:thumbsup:

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST NATIONAL EMERGENCY AT BORDER.  (NOT TO MENTION ALL THE DEMON-RATS)

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,
Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,
 Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

Online DB

"We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One

This is one of those times I wish Trump had been silent. Tempers are running hot in Iraq. The govt is dominated with shia muslims the same branch of islam as in iran.

Also, the USA doesn't stay if we aren't wanted. If Iraq says get out we will, but then what about the Kurds and sunni muslims and few remaining Christians.

All in all it would be better to let our diplomats do their double speak for awhile until things settle down.

We paid in blood to be there. Whether they want us there or not is not their choice.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

We paid in blood to be there. Whether they want us there or not is not their choice.

We went there to liberate the country from Saddam Hussein, and then to help stabilize it.  That was more than 15 years ago.   We remained because their elected government wanted us to be there to help stability.  But if their elected government does not want us to remain there, then we're not longer their assisting a friendly government, but actually occupying a hostile country i direct opposition to the elected government.  And in that case, there's absolutely no reason why we should even want to stay.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We went there to liberate the country from Saddam Hussein, and then to help stabilize it.  That was more than 15 years ago.   We remained because their elected government wanted us to be there to help stability.  But if their elected government does not want us to remain there, then we're not longer their assisting a friendly government, but actually occupying a hostile country i direct opposition to the elected government.  And in that case, there's absolutely no reason why we should even want to stay.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree. Trump is just being a businessman. He knows they don't want us there,and he knows that the leadership will be more than happy to pay us to leave so they can brag to the goobers under them that they chased us out.

Why just leave,when you can leave with millions of dollars to help balance the budget or do needed things with?

Win/win for everybody but the Dims,our true enemy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

So, it seems right now that we toppled an anti-American dictator, Saddam Hussein, to 'free' the People and now the 'People' want the country that gave them 'freedom' are being ORDERED to leave.

What if the Iraqis are split like the Americans are split?   52-48.

Their Constitution is only about ten years new...and already they're slipping.   It took us at least 80 years to fight among ourselves.

And that's because of their generations-old tribalism.  They're taught from toddling that so-and-so are [fill-in-the-blank].

Pres. Trump is on Rush Limbaugh right now (2:35pm) speaking.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think that's really what's going on there.  The militia and political parties that are getting massive financial support from Iran are pushing Iranian interests, but the rest of the country is still strongly anti-Iranian.  And if we leave, they know that Iran will end up running their country.   So we're going to have to see how it all comes out when they start taking votes that actually matter.

Offline bilo

Yes it is. We are not a colonialist nation.

Think about the Philippines. They wanted us to leave, even though we had liberated them during WWII, and we left.

Once all the hyper emotionalism settles I don't think they will want us to leave, but I do think Trump might want to tone it down with them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree. Trump is just being a businessman. He knows they don't want us there,and he knows that the leadership will be more than happy to pay us to leave so they can brag to the goobers under them that they chased us out.

Why just leave,when you can leave with millions of dollars to help balance the budget or do needed things with?

Win/win for everybody but the Dims,our true enemy.

Right now the faction supporting Iran wants us out, but not all their people want to be under the control of Iran.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote (I think):
"If we're leaving, we can't leave that kind of asset there, even if they really want to buy it.  Eventually it would be used to station bombers that can reach Israel."

If that's the case, it should be demolished whether the Iraqis pay us or not.
Leaving it intact would be a strategic mistake of huge proportions.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber wrote (I think):
"If we're leaving, we can't leave that kind of asset there, even if they really want to buy it.  Eventually it would be used to station bombers that can reach Israel."

If that's the case, it should be demolished whether the Iraqis pay us or not.
Leaving it intact would be a strategic mistake of huge proportions.

Yeah, pretty much. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You want me to say something?  Take a military strike which most overwhelmingly support and make a joke out of it.  I am surprised he didn't say we aren't leaving without the oil.  If the plan was to withdraw the troops what was he going to ask for before this happened?  Was the plan to always force them to pay for the complex?  Bomb the dang thing, yes. 

And you are going to love this one.  Totally ironic that in 2012 Trump predicted Obama would start a war in Iran because his polls were going down.

https://www.axios.com/trump-iran-war-obama-957a39c2-d0b9-4041-bb71-c3dfa12339d5.html

Here is the video.  Sorry it's from the Young Turks but Fox isn't gonna show it, even though it is the funniest thing I've seen this year.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdBPP7nMfI

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Here is the video.  Sorry it's from the Young Turks but Fox isn't gonna show it, even though it is the funniest thing I've seen this year.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdBPP7nMfI

That is funny.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So, it seems right now that we toppled an anti-American dictator, Saddam Hussein, to 'free' the People and now the 'People' want the country that gave them 'freedom' are being ORDERED to leave.

Their Constitution is only about ten years new...and already they're slipping.   It took us at least 80 years to fight among ourselves.

And that's because of their generations-old tribalism.  They're taught from toddling that so-and-so are [fill-in-the-blank].

Pres. Trump is on Rush Limbaugh right now (2:35pm) speaking.

Can be expected when they write Sharia Law into it.  I always thought that was stupid. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

If you don't want to start war you sure don't threaten Cultural sites?  That sounds like things that ISIS does.  And it is the entire world that would be at a loss of Historical sites.  Trump is insane, litterally.  These are not military sites but cultural because they are important to World History and people of all faiths.

Biblical Sites, Ancient Wonders, the Last ‘Garden of Eden’: Here’s What Trump Just Threatened to Bomb in Iran

https://www.thedailybeast.com/here-are-the-biblical-wonders-trump-just-threatened-to-bomb-in-iran

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cultural+sites+in+iran+biblical&FORM=HDRSC2

These threats are contradictory to his formal announcement about the military strike that killed Suleimani.  During his speech to the American people he mentioned that the Iranian people were good people.  His threats do nothing but alienate people who otherwise approve of the assassination.  But once you start threatening world cultural sites I wouldn't expect support.

He's off the wall again and acting crazy.

I might also say that it is pretty slow tonight at TBR.  Maybe we've finally come to a point where it is hard to cover for the insanity.

Iranian Foreign Minister Says Targeting Cultural Sites Will Be War Crime
Rest of the World News
Responding to Trump’s threat of attacking 52 sites, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said that targetting country's cultural sites will be a "war crime".
Written By Kunal Gaurav | Mumbai | Updated On: January 05, 2020 16:51 IST

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/iranian-foreign-minister-says-targeting-cultural-sites-war-crime.html

Safeguarding Cultural Heritage in Times of War
Craig Forrest Tuesday, July 29, 2014

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/13958/safeguarding-cultural-heritage-in-times-of-war

If Trump gives an order that violates the law can our military disregard the order?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:49:03 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If you don't want to start war you sure don't threaten Cultural sites?  That sounds like things that ISIS does.  And it is the entire world that would be at a loss of Historical sites.  Trump is insane, litterally.  These are not military sites but cultural because they are important to World History and people of all faiths.

Biblical Sites, Ancient Wonders, the Last ‘Garden of Eden’: Here’s What Trump Just Threatened to Bomb in Iran

I agree.  Terrible choice of words. Twitter is his worst enemy.  I also think that when he settles down, and discusses this further with aides,  he'll realize this isn't what he meant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I agree.  Terrible choice of words. Twitter is his worst enemy.  I also think that when he settles down, and discusses this further with aides,  he'll realize this isn't what he meant.

He's the President.  He is smart enough to know what he said and he did say cultural sites.  Once again I started to support him but he has gone off the handle and is talking crazy.  Even Israel seems to be keeping its distance from this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

https://www.thedailybeast.com/here-are-the-biblical-wonders-trump-just-threatened-to-bomb-in-iran

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cultural+sites+in+iran+biblical&FORM=HDRSC2

These threats are contradictory to his formal announcement about the military strike that killed Suleimani.  During his speech to the American people he mentioned that the Iranian people were good people.  His threats do nothing but alienate people who otherwise approve of the assassination.  But once you start threatening world cultural sites I wouldn't expect support.

He's off the wall again and acting crazy.

I might also say that it is pretty slow tonight at TBR.  Maybe we've finally come to a point where it is hard to cover for the insanity.

Iranian Foreign Minister Says Targeting Cultural Sites Will Be War Crime
Rest of the World News
Responding to Trump’s threat of attacking 52 sites, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said that targetting country's cultural sites will be a "war crime".
Written By Kunal Gaurav | Mumbai | Updated On: January 05, 2020 16:51 IST

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/iranian-foreign-minister-says-targeting-cultural-sites-war-crime.html

Safeguarding Cultural Heritage in Times of War
Craig Forrest Tuesday, July 29, 2014

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/13958/safeguarding-cultural-heritage-in-times-of-war

If Trump gives an order that violates the law can our military disregard the order?

I wasn't aware the 52 targets were announced. Or, is somebody just "presuming" again?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I wasn't aware the 52 targets were announced. Or, is somebody just "presuming" again?

Check the Presidents twitter.  That's where he puts everything.  52 represents 52 hostages taken so many years ago.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Check the Presidents twitter.  That's where he puts everything.  52 represents 52 hostages taken so many years ago.

That wasn't the question, @Chosen Daughter

Where are the 52 chosen sites listed?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

That wasn't the question, @Chosen Daughter

Where are the 52 chosen sites listed?

They obviously weren't listed, and i think the fact that bothers us is that he stated that cultural sites were up for game.  We are better than that.

@DCPatriot
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.