Author Topic: BREAKING: Iraq's parliament votes to expel US military  (Read 2075 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: BREAKING: Iraq's parliament votes to expel US military
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2020, 10:43:31 pm »
Seeing Myst next post, I think the theme of the day is mass confusion. 

How does a Joint Chief of Staff draft memo get released without approval?  This whole after - response is not giving me warm fuzzies.

I was skeptical of the letterhead on the stationary.  Looked fake.  The centering sucked.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2020, 10:45:02 pm »
I was skeptical of the letterhead on the stationary.  Looked fake.  The centering sucked.

We need Dan Rather on the job, to suss this out. yogi555
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »

Good catch. The military is anal-retentive on "exact-ness" on these matters, I think you may be on to something,

I think the left will do absolutely anything to sabotage this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2020, 10:54:48 pm »
more

Defense secretary denies US troops leaving Iraq

Defense Secretary Mark Esper denied Monday that U.S. troops would withdraw from Iraq after a letter circulated online suggested otherwise.

Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters the letter — which said U.S. troops were preparing for “onward movement” — was a draft that should not have been released.

“That letter is a draft, it was a mistake, it was unsigned, it should not have been released,” Milley told reporters in an off-camera briefing. “Poorly worded, implies withdrawal. That’s not what’s happening.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/477017-defense-secretary-denies-us-troops-leaving-iraq
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2020, 11:19:29 pm »
Rookie.

You know... These wisecracks sound much better as Wingnut than The Ghost...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2020, 11:34:42 pm »
It being labeled a "draft" indicates, to me, how many people are in place who want to stop this President.   **nononono*

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2020, 11:36:05 pm »
You know... These wisecracks sound much better as Wingnut than The Ghost...

That was made mention by several others in the weeks leading up to the resurrection. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:19 pm »
That was made mention by several others in the weeks leading up to the resurrection.

Yeah, well I want to know who did it.   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2020, 11:48:12 pm »
Yeah, well I want to know who did it.   :cool:

A rookie!   :police:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2020, 08:13:09 am »
Perhaps Trump will end the Bush folly.  Our being in Iraq was at best idiotic.  And so much done during the Bush Administration was in direct violation of federal law, the award of many billions in contracts with ZERO competition.  And who was the recipient of these contracts?  HALLIBURTON, where Dick Cheney had been a long time CEO.  That whole nonsense disgusted me, and rendered anything Bush attempted to be corrupt.

I say pull out completely, and take EVERY piece of equipment.  That includes every piece of equipment their military is using too.  And rather than sanctions, I suggest reparations.  Let Iraq pay for EVERY item used in the war effort there.  And until we are paid in full, we control their oil industry completely, taking a cut right off the top with every transaction.

Fact is, the USA lost control of Iraq when Obama allowed Iran in to help fight ISIS.  Both countries have Shia majorities, and so it is expected they would align with one another over any relationship with the USA or non muslim nation. 

The combined folly of Bush and Obama will not be accurately told for some years, but the combined efforts of both presidents will be noted in history for a colossal cluster (*&^.  So much blood and treasury spilled on two nations that would gladly see the USA destroyed(Iraq and Afghanistan).

Sooner we are out the better.  Same for Afghanistan.