Author Topic: Spokane veteran accused of firing at unmarked car questions undercover police tactics  (Read 290 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Emma Epperly 1/4/2020

Not long before midnight on Aug. 12, Jordan Brown was on edge.

He left his apartment on the lower South Hill, got into his black Suburban with a friend and drove off.

As he drove through the neighborhood, he noticed a car “waiting for me at the end of the block.” The driver turned the car’s headlights on and started following him, Brown said.

When the car got to within feet of his rear bumper, he recently told The Spokesman-Review, he heard a loud thump as something struck his car.

“It’s dark, something hits my car, someone is trying to block me from leaving. I’m like, ‘Is it explosive?’ You know. There’s a million things it could be,” Brown said.

Brown, 28, lives with post-traumatic stress disorder and drug addiction that he ties to his Army service in Afghanistan.

Brown said he had been suspicious after an acquaintance told him earlier in the day “someone is coming to rob you for something you did in the past.”

After feeling the thump to his car, Brown turned his Suburban around, rolled down his window and shot at the red car that had been following him, according to court documents.

But the car tailing Brown wasn’t driven by a dangerous associate from his criminal past. It was an undercover police officer.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/spokane-veteran-accused-of-firing-at-unmarked-car-questions-undercover-police-tactics/