Author Topic: War With Iran?  (Read 161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
War With Iran?
« on: January 04, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »
War With Iran?

The United States has preferred toothless sanctions over victory. But sometimes the right sanctions are deadlier than atom bombs.

Angelo Codevilla
- January 3rd, 2020

Does the U.S. armed forces’ killing of Qassem Soleimani, leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ foreign wing, and his subordinate, Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes, outside Baghdad’s airport increase or decrease the chances of war with Iran? Does it mean a continuation of our disastrous endless wars?

These questions reflect confusion about war in general and the U.S.-Iran conflict in particular, engendered by two generations of incompetent U.S. statesmen. The following should clear that confusion.

In a sense, the U.S. government placed itself at war with a sector of Iran’s population in 1953 when it abetted one Iranian faction’s overthrow of another’s government as part of the Cold War against the Soviets, and then identified itself with the winners. Any people may regard another’s interference in its affairs as an act of war.

In 1979, when Iran’s 1953 losers became the winners, their enmity to America was not to be wondered at. At that time, Iran’s Islamic Republic seized the U.S. embassy and held its personnel hostage for 444 days in a classic act of war. Who started the U.S.-Iran war is disputable . . . and irrelevant.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/01/03/war-with-iran/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: War With Iran?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 04:31:54 pm »
Remember: Obama tried surrender and failed.

The Scorpian and the Frog.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley