Author Topic: Rand Paul: 'Diplomacy is dead now in the Middle East with Iran' after Soleimani killing  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Absalom

Coupla reflections.
* Paul is a self-labeled Libertarian, as such a leftist. They emerged during the
French Enlightenment as less radical than Rousseau and his cronies;
yet they exalted Rights above all while ignoring its sibling, Responsibilities!
Utter the word Rights within earshot of Paul and get out of his way; a windbag!
* The dark clouds parted over Iran at the end of the Great War w/the emergence
of General Reza Pahlavi followed by his son Mohammed Shah, as rulers till 1979.
Sadly for them and the people of Iran, our POTUS then was the monumental
jackass, named Jimmy Carter and we can clearly trace the fiasco we call our
"Middle Eastern Policy" to the decisions/non-decisions of this buffoon; starting
by his forcing the abdication of Moh'd Pahlavi resulting in the emergence and rule
of Ayatollah Khomeini!!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:31:02 am by Absalom »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Diplomacy with Iran...did I miss something?  Unless the USA is shoveling pallets of billions in dollars to the murderous regime of Iran, they do not hear a single word.

Paul the Putz is clueless.  The only thing peaceful Iranians understand is brutal honesty in the form of someone doing exactly what Trump did.  Iran wants a war over the death of this peaceful maggot, bring it on.

Online mountaineer

The only thing peaceful Iranians understand is brutal honesty in the form of someone doing exactly what Trump did.
My understanding of the Middle Eastern/Muslim mentality is that  strength is the only thing they'll respect. We have to show them we're the tough guy and have the means to back it up, even if it offends our delicate sensibilities over the value of diplomacy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
[quot
The above is exactly what I think.  An attack will happen in the United States.
Killing this general would not stop an already planned attack on our people over there.  I do not think there was any planned attack, but saying it, gave Trump what he wanted to kill another bad guy.  He wants to kill individuals so he can take credit as the big guy who kills other big guys, making him the biggest guy who gets applause for killing guys.  Malignant Narcissism.
[/quote]

You don't think, you react, and you always react the same tired way.  Trump will not get our troops into a sand war, but he will take out dangerous people with targeted strikes.  You and your constant posting of ignorance are one of the reasons I cannot post here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Victoria33

@Emjay

You said, "You don't think, you react, and you always react the same tired way.  Trump will not get our troops into a sand war, but he will take out dangerous people with targeted strikes.  You and your constant posting of ignorance are one of the reasons I cannot post here."

You know I do not reply to your posts about me.  I am this time to tell you to put me on "Ignore", then you will not know what I post.  However, if you are coming here mainly to personally attack me, you are upsetting yourself, not me.  I do notice you personally attack numerous people trying to start a personal word fight.  If you would post to the subject and leave out personal attacking, perhaps you would happier here.  It is up to you what you do with your fingers on a keyboard.

Offline kevindavis007

This why I will never support any Paul for President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ron Paul lived three doors down the street from me many years ago when he was still practicing medicine and Rand was still just a pup.  (His signature is on my youngest son's birth certificate)  and I have had a great many conversations with him over the years.  IMHO Ron is a financial genius that doesn't know spit about foreign policy and I have told him so directly.  Apples don't fall far from the tree and neither Ron nor Rand will ever get a vote from me for President.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My understanding of the Middle Eastern/Muslim mentality is that  strength is the only thing they'll respect. We have to show them we're the tough guy and have the means to back it up, even if it offends our delicate sensibilities over the value of diplomacy.

That's because Islam preaches that @mountaineer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

With all the talk about diplomacy lately, has diplomacy ever convinced a dictatorships to change?
Venezuela?  Russia?  Iran?  China? North Korea? Cuba?

Yes, we use diplomacy all the time with Nations of Conscience or things like hostage swaps etc...
I don't remember any changes that did not require force...

Offline libertybele

Ron Paul lived three doors down the street from me many years ago when he was still practicing medicine and Rand was still just a pup.  (His signature is on my youngest son's birth certificate)  and I have had a great many conversations with him over the years.  IMHO Ron is a financial genius that doesn't know spit about foreign policy and I have told him so directly.  Apples don't fall far from the tree and neither Ron nor Rand will ever get a vote from me for President.

Well .... I am not ashamed to admit I voted for Ron over Johnny.  I really admire the man and found his speeches to be uplifting.  Times are sure different now, and I agree, Rand's foreign policy is questionable though I really doubt he'd run again.  Too much mud slinging coming from the leftists.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:14:40 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.