Author Topic: Kaine introduces resolution to block war with Iran  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaine introduces resolution to block war with Iran
« on: January 03, 2020, 09:01:07 pm »
Kaine introduces resolution to block war with Iran
By Alexander Bolton - 01/03/20 03:43 PM EST

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, on Friday introduced a resolution to block President Trump from further escalating hostilities with Iran.

The resolution is privileged, which means Republicans cannot block it from reaching the floor, and comes the day after the surprise drone strike that killed Iraninan Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’s elite Quds Force.

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has vowed “forceful revenge” against the U.S., and the Pentagon announced Friday that it will send 3,000 additional troops to the Middle East.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476702-kaine-introduces-resolution-to-block-war-with-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Kaine introduces resolution to block war with Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 09:02:55 pm »
Kaine is a worse senator than he was a governor and that takes some doing.....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:16:38 pm »
Can't pass the Senate, probably can't even pass the House, sure won't be signed by President Trump.  So dumb.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:06:03 pm »
Can't pass the Senate, probably can't even pass the House, sure won't be signed by President Trump.  So dumb.

Incredulous ain't it?   How those people can remember to water themselves is beyond me
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 10:08:27 pm »
What does "further escalate" even mean?  We've taken our action, so whether or not it "escalates" is up to Iran.   Is Kaine saying that if Iraq responds by attacking Americans, our military must stand down unless Congress gives the okay?

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 10:10:22 pm »
    Welcome Back @Wingnut, I think.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 10:13:42 pm »
    Welcome Back @Wingnut, I think.

It is almost like I never left.  I think.   @corbe  :seeya:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 10:20:28 pm »
What does "further escalate" even mean?  We've taken our action, so whether or not it "escalates" is up to Iran.   Is Kaine saying that if Iraq responds by attacking Americans, our military must stand down unless Congress gives the okay?
Kaine is saying, Schumer good, Trump bad... that is it... his brain capacity does not allow him to think any deeper than that.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 11:02:11 pm »
Kaine is saying, Schumer good, Trump bad... that is it... his brain capacity does not allow him to think any deeper than that.

You got that right.  Kaine is challenging Patty Murray for the title of Dumbest US Senator.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-