Author Topic: Pelosi says Trump launched strike killing Iranian general without authorization  (Read 1129 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Listening to Pelosi and Schumer talk about Trump wasn't fair by not trusting and including them in the military action is like taking ExLax and trusting a fart.

I don’t want to tell you about the last time that happened to me....  I was at an Irish Steakhouse...

Offline GrouchoTex

Listening to Pelosi and Schumer talk about Trump wasn't fair by not trusting and including them in the military action is like taking ExLax and trusting a fart.

...which you should never do after 40.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don’t want to tell you about the last time that happened to me....  I was at an Irish Steakhouse...

Good Lord!   My Ryan's SH buddy is alive!   :0001:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Years?  or Beers?    yogi555

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Years?  or Beers?    yogi555

Shots of Tequila?

@Wingnut @EdJames Good to see you guys!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Shots of Tequila?

@Wingnut @EdJames Good to see you guys!

We are never too far away, Boss!

yogi555
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:48:03 pm by EdJames »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And when you get to be over 65 you don't even need the ExLax!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

And when you get to be over 65 you don't even need the ExLax!

Oh Boy!   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We are never too far away, Boss!

yogi555

Good to know!  Uh....Boss!   wink777 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Obviously Pelosi and Schiffty don't know their heads from a hole in their derrières.

He did NOT declare an act of war, he was DEFENDING our country and saving American lives.  He has the absolute authority and right to command our armed forces period. 

Even IF he did declare war, The The War Powers Resolution gives the President 48 hours to notify Congress.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

In "fairness" to Nancy Pelosi, here is the full text of her pronouncement, https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/1220 :

Pelosi Statement on Airstrike in Iraq Against High-Level Iranian Military Officials
JANUARY 2, 2020 PRESS RELEASE
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement after the Trump Administration conducted a deadly airstrike targeting Iranians and Iraqis at the Baghdad International Airport:

“American leaders’ highest priority is to protect American lives and interests.  But we cannot put the lives of American servicemembers, diplomats and others further at risk by engaging in provocative and disproportionate actions.  Tonight’s airstrike risks provoking further dangerous escalation of violence.  America – and the world – cannot afford to have tensions escalate to the point of no return.

“The Administration has conducted tonight’s strikes in Iraq targeting high-level Iranian military officials and killing Iranian Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani without an Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) against Iran.  Further, this action was taken without the consultation of the Congress.

“The full Congress must be immediately briefed on this serious situation and on the next steps under consideration by the Administration, including the significant escalation of the deployment of additional troops to the region.”

Here is her deception: "The Administration has conducted tonight’s strikes in Iraq targeting high-level Iranian military officials and killing Iranian Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani without an Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) against Iran."

No AUMF concerning Iran was necessary, because the strike happened on Iraqi soil, not Iranian. No military force was used against Iran.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:28:29 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@PeteS in CA  Isn't there a more recent statute the Pentagon said it was following concerning imminent terrorist attacks?  I think it's a 9/11 era law...

As for the AUMF, it's ridiculous to bray that law requires prior consultation with Congress.  No, giving a President a window for striking was the entire purpose of that law.  Consulting must occur within that window after the action.  Pelosi is counting on an audience of morons, and I think she cynically knows that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@PeteS in CA  Isn't there a more recent statute the Pentagon said it was following concerning imminent terrorist attacks?  I think it's a 9/11 era law...

As for the AUMF, it's ridiculous to bray that law requires prior consultation with Congress.  No, giving a President a window for striking was the entire purpose of that law.  Consulting must occur within that window after the action.  Pelosi is counting on an audience of morons, and I think she cynically knows that.
The bottom line is that with notification of Congress, OPerational SECurity goes out the window. Likely a matter of minutes, at most a couple of hours before the target is notified. Yes, America, the perfidy is that deep on The Hill. I'm not sure I'd trust some of the other agencies, either.
Frankly, that's why, after getting a blanket 'if you can, get him' order for Usama Bin Laden, I think that Obama and crew were finally told about the operation after the fact, the deed done before they could either call it off or compromise it.
At that point, all they (Obama & Co.) could do was take credit and stage photos. They sure didn't seem happy about it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:13:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

I think the Authorization requires periodic review of how the resolution has been used.  The next review is set for 2022 .... so this authorization must still be in effect.

So, what the hell is Pelosi talking about?  Congress has already given authorization to the President to strike terrorists.

@Cyber Liberty
[/quo

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline LegalAmerican

PELOSI...WRONG AGAIN. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The simple UGLY TRUTH is that the Dems lie, pretty much all the time.  POTUS has full control of the military, and does not need Congressional approval.

However, a greater enemy of this nation are the Democommies.